January 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Thread: 11/18-11/24

Sorry it's so late y'all (between the last two weekends we've had 6 toddler birthday parties, and I'm spent).
DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread: 11/18-11/24

• Options
    So this is technically not pregnancy related, but it fits here best. This past Wednesday, I started noticing a rash appear on the upper left side of my torso. As we've discussed PUPPS here on the board, and the unslightly rash looked like PUPPS, I assumed that's what I had. It was itchy, red, and uncomfortable - and as a first time mom, I'm more prone to it. Well, I totally guessed wrong on this one. I have SHINGLES ladies. The rash has spread along the upper part of my torso in a band. It is still itchy, red and uncomfortable & now is starting to burn. The nurse practitioner told me I shouldn't be around anyone who hasn't had chickenpox or the vaccine as I'm contagious. So I had to call into work and ask my boss if I could work from home today, as I can't risk getting anyone else sick in the office. On the plus side, since I had chickenpox as a kid, my LO is completely safe. It was the first thing the NP said to me, as I was freaking out when she told me I had shingles. I seriously am still shocked that I have it and annoyed that all I can really do is put Camille lotion on it and wait it out.  :'(      
  • Options
    @darkrose88 I've had shingles before. Once the rash started "weeping", it got pretty painful. Hopefully you don't have too much pain with it since your pain relief options are limited. In any case, i feel your pain! :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @darkrose88 oh no! So sorry you're going through that! I cannot imagine how uncomfortable you are.  Thank goodness LO will be safe. Fx it clears up quickly!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @darkrose88 agh! That really does suck. I have heard that shingles suck in general and I cannot imagine being pregnant, in the third trimester, with shingles.
  • Options
    @darkrose88 I'm so sorry. I know how very painful shingles can be. Are you aloud to take the antiviral to make it go away faster?
  • Options
    @darkrose88 oh my! I totally feel for you. I had them when I was in 7th grade and it was awful! I pray that yours don’t turn totally painful!
  • Options
    @darkrose88 oh no! I hope it doesn't get too painful for you.
  • Options
    @gilsam1 @maueraa07 @jakobaby @burnsmommy27 @jaclyn0405 @schazeThanks ladies! Thankfully it appears to be a mild case of the shingles, so I haven't been in much pain. I'm considering myself very lucky! @burnsmommy27 my NP and I talked about putting me on valtrex but since I'm on day 6 of shingles she didn't think it would be very effective. 
  • Options

The acid reflux just needs to stop. I had MAYBE half a cup of soy yogurt this AM but had not taken my Zantac, so I am paying for it as I sit here at work. Luckily a dumb meeting I had planned for 11 was graciously cancelled last night, so I have essentially one encounter today with humans at 12:30. Until then, I’m just sitting here at my desk wrapped in a huge sweater, with a cold, reading every post on the Bump until I’m bored.  

@darkrose88 OMG I am so sorry you have to deal with this. What a pain. Very glad to hear that it won’t impact LO in any fashion whatsoever. HUGS! 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @darkrose88 - Hoping they go away soon for you!

@EmilyLove25 - I second the acid reflux! This is the first time I've ever had it in  life and I've been miserable! I've only taken Tums so far, but I was gonna ask my doctor tomorrow at my appointment about Zantac, etc.
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I swear everytime I think I have my acid reflux under control it gets worse!! I have been waking up choking on it! I didn't even know that was possible. I need to talk to my doctor about stronger options. I've actually found that cold celery sticks temporarily relieves it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @maueraa07 Oh wow. I have celery for the stuffing I'm allegedly making on Thursday... so I will be trying your remedy TONIGHT! 

@whitta1218 Tums really did nothing for me. I find Zantac works better. I take one around 10 AM and one around 5 PM... I'm sure your doctor will okay it! Still not magic though...
    *TW*

• Options
    That's a bummer @darkrose88, hoping it goes away quickly.
  • Options
    Heartburn is so bad today, the only thing different I had was OJ at breakfast. Hoping the Zantac kicks in quickly, I really don't want to deal with this all day!
  • Options
    I recently started taking Zantac at bedtime because every morning I was waking up with pressure and heartburn. My midwife said to take the 150 because if heartburn goes unchecked for long term it can cause damage. I have a history of silent reflux so I figured I should try it out. I have noticed an improvement 
  • Options
    Ugh holy moly hemorrhoids & acid reflux. I am dying today. That is all.
    <3
    EDD: 1/28/2018
    Eli: 10/14/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 @whitta1218 @maueraa07 @schaze @trudytudy @KateT10 I posted this somewhere else but I'm OBSESSED and feel the need to resurrect this conversation 2 days later -- NEXIUM! My OB recommended it and it is a life changer. I was taking zantac and tums and still dying and since I started the nexium about a week ago I haven't had a moment of heartburn. It says it can take 1-4 days to start working but it worked IMMEDIATELY for me. It works differently from zantac and apparently you take it for 14 days and then stop and it's supposed to keep working for a couple of months, so we'll see if that actually happens but in the meantime it's been a total godsend. Just wanted to throw that in there!!
  • Options
    I actually have no clue if this is pregnancy related but my tailbone started hurting a couple of days ago and right now it's really bad and super swollen. I feel like I'm going to end up going to urgent care tomorrow to see if maybe it's a cyst or something. It'll depend on how it feels tomorrow though.
  • Options
    I have a congenital defect in my left foot according to a podiatrist I saw a few years ago. I was having trouble with my foot during my Crossfit workouts and thought maybe I had fractured something.

Anyway, the relaxin must be setting in because I can feel the bones grinding again in that foot. I’m definitely not doing any intense workouts and even though I’m on my feet, I am a lot normally anyway. Anyone else having feet issues?
  • Options
    @gusgus14 My tailbone started hurting last night while i was sleeping just out of no where. I haven't had any back pain or anything, but for some reason sleeping exclusively on my side has started getting to me. When i would roll over onto my back the pain went away, so i'm guessing it has something to do with side sleeping, at least for me. I may have to start propping myself up at a 45 degree angle so i can sleep on my back again if this pain continues. 
  • Options
    @gilsam1 lying on my side is the only way to relieve my tailbone pain which sucks because during the night my hips usually start to hurt and I'll spend a few minutes letting my hips and back relax by lying on my back before I roll to my side again but now lying on my back puts pressure on my tailbone. The swelling went down overnight but it's already swelling back up just in the couple of hours I've been out of bed :(
  • Options
    @gusgus14 God, that sucks. What about those pillows with the hole in the middle, like a toilet seat? It might take the pressure off the tailbone and then you can at least sit and not have have to lie on your side. 
  • Options
    @gilsam1 yeah I'm thinking about it! I have a neck pillow I'm thinking about pulling out for now to see if it works. Still trying to decide if I want to go get it checked out today. I'd hate to spend the time to go and then just say oh it's something that can happen just take Tylenol and ice it but if it is a cyst or something it would probably be better to get it checked out sooner rather than later. Ugh I was just really hoping it would be better today but no luck.
  • Options
    I am in such a grouchy grumpy emotional mood today. So thankful for naptime right now and that I can put the dog outside and that DH is out of the house because I can't stand anyone or myself right now. haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Has anyone ever had cholestasis of pregnancy? This is the third time in third trimester that I’ve woken up with extreme diarrhea followed by itchy ness of my palms and feet. I emailed my doctor tonight and already had a normal appointment scheduled for Monday. Each time I’ve itched it’s gone away though. 
  • Options
    Did I read on here or somewhere else that someone is now crutches or wheelchair bound for the remainder of the pregnancy due to SPD? I hadn’t realized that could happen.

Pain increases each week, but I dont want to get to the point where I can’t walk.

• Options
    I’m pretty sure this baby dropped, he definitely looks lower to me. And I woke up with my lower back killing me. 33+3- I thought this was kinda early? I have no idea when my first dropped if he even did, I was induced at 41 weeks and his stubborn butt still didn’t want to come out 
  • Options
    YarnistaBrideYarnistaBride member
    edited November 2017
    @madcouplewithabox I currently have Cholestasis of Pregnancy, I was diagnosed at 23 weeks due to intense itching and slightly elevated Bile Acids and have been on Ursodiol since then (currently 33 weeks). Ask your doctor to check your Bile Acids and LFT's, my blood pressure was also raised until the Ursodiol (Actigall) got my bile acids under control (even though elevated blood pressure isn't a technical symptom of cholestasis). Great job flagging it for your doctor!

A few good itching remedies if you do have Cholestasis are cold (either ice packs or cool showers), sarna lotion, and trying to drink a ton of water. If you can try to avoid fatty foods that would also help keep a flare up from getting too intense, I ate french fries for dinner last night and I am itchy all along the back of my arms/shoulders right now (my specific cholestasis itchy spots).
  • Options
    @YarnistaBride thank you for the recommendations! Hopefully I can get some answers Monday.
  • Options
    Seems as though I'm back to the first trimester diarrhea, oh joy.
  • Options
    TMI.....I’m 32w1d and I’m convinced I’ve been losing my mucus plug slowly all day. Every time I go to the bathroom and wipe, there’s so much slime on the toilet paper. Not sure what to do about it. Baby is moving a ton (as usual) and I feel totally fine. I think someone else posted about that somewhere on one of these boards that it can grow back? Should I be worried?  
  • Options
    @steph30032 I wouldn’t worry but mention it at your next appointment. It’s normal for you to lose parts of it at this point/throughout. I’d just be aware of any gushes etc over the next few days. Was there any blood with it?
    *TW*

• Options
    @steph30032 it was me who mentioned it before! I was so worried because I never lost it with my first and thought it was pretty early(32weeks), but some of the ladies here reassured me and had experience with/knew someone who experienced losing it--yes it can regenerate and you can lose them multiple times! As long as you're having no contractions and no pale pink fluid leaking or wiping blood, you're fine! And definitely mention it at your next appointment! I haven't had my appointment since losing mine yet (it's this tuesday) but had called the advice nurse on the Friday night that I lost it and then made a call to my OB once their office was open that Monday just to make sure they knew and seek more reassurance. I do wonder if I'll get a cervical check at my next appointment though. 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 @leeeahyo That makes me feel better. I had no blood or pinkness at all in the stuff. It was mostly whiteish/yellowish. I lost my mucus plug with my first pregnancy and then labor started about a day later, so that’s why I was freaking out. But like I said, I feel totally fine. I’ll probably call my doctor tomorrow though anyways since my next appointment isnt untill Friday. I feel like all my issues somehow magically happen after hours/on weekends. Ugh
  • Options
    Is anyone else MORE exhausted after this “break”? I vacuumed the bedrooms, started some laundry, and have done NOTHING else active today and am beyond winded/exhausted. Give me all the caffeine  :/
    *TW*

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 literally took me all day yesterday to put up the Christmas tree and minimally decorate the living room. And I just organized DS books in his bookcase because it was driving me bonkers and I got winded. Ugh. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I’m terrified for work tomorrow for that exact reason. 

I’ve been feeling sick for like a week. My abdomen has been hurting - not exactly cramping, but that’s the closest sensation, and I’ve had a headache. Then, last night, I thought I was going to throw up and felt completely spaced out... like when you get drunk, go home, and lay down, then feel out of it. So ready to feel better. 
  • Options
    I've spent the last 2 days holed up with DH and one of my sisters with what we think is food poisoning. So that's fun.
  • Options
    @Immjd that is exactly how I feel. I have thrown up a few times but definitely the best up and spacy feelings too
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I hit a massive wall yesterday. My grandmother is visiting and I declined to go out with her and the rest of the family. They took DS with them and let me relax all day. I’m STILL exhausted today.