• Options
    Oh is this where we are today?
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    @cups4 I heart this comment!
  • Options
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Actually, stretchmark severity IS preventable. Genetics has a big part to play, but there are other factors that determine how badly the skin rips.

The stretch mark actually happens in the lower layer of skin that lotions generally do not reach (the dermis) which is why a lot of people think lotions are useless.
    The stretch mark happens when the skin isn't stretchy enough to accommodate the growth and spreading, so the elastc fibers in the dermis rip.

Lotions do increase the elasticity of the upper layer of skin (epidermis) which isn't terribly useful since that's not where a stretchmark happens, but they also relieve itching and increase circulation of blood to the dermis. You're essentially giving yourself a massage when you apply that lotion. That increased circulation does, in fact, reduce stretchmarks. It can't prevent them altogether, but increasing circulation helps feed the desperate-to-grow tissues in the dermis.

But the most effective way to maintain elasticity is to stay hydrated and eat well to maintain healthy collagen.
    And above all, don't gain weight too quickly. Steady weight gain allows the skin to stretch without ripping!

As for a lotion recommendation, I find Burt's Bees Belly Butter is my favorite. Itchiness disappears immediately and the smell is fantastic.
  • Options
    Steady weight gain is not the same as no weight gain. Steady means gaining the recommended pound per week.
  • Options
    After reading others' reactions to this thread, I feel motivated to keep it alive lol. The forum needs a healthy balance of "deep" and emotionally satisfying threads as well as "shallow" threads about bump cream and Christmas tree polls.

• Options
    Should we shift to what’s best for hemmroids? 
  • Options
    @mamabird515 no joke, after I had my son, the best thing ever was just sticking a tucks pad in between my butt cheeks and just letting it chill there. Haha 

does that fall into deep conversation or shallow conversation? Still unclear. 
    Depends on how bad your hemorrhoids are? Mine were pretty bad last go around tbh. It was worse to me that the recovery from tearing imo 
  • Options
    I would love to know how this thread is emotionally satisfying...
  • Options
    After reading others' reactions to this thread, I feel motivated to keep it alive lol. The forum needs a healthy balance of "deep" and emotionally satisfying threads as well as "shallow" threads about bump cream and Christmas tree polls.

@cups4 not sure honestly...

Pregnancy Ticker