July 2018 Moms
Options

AMA Mom Check-in 11/19

julesf817julesf817 member
edited November 2017 in July 2018 Moms
I haven’t seen one this these yet! Time to check in over 35 Moms!

how old are you?

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Is this your first pregnancy?

Questions? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite thing to eat at thanksgiving? (International moms, favorite thing to eat at a big holiday gathering)? 

I hope I did this right...

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: AMA Mom Check-in 11/19

• Options
    julesf817julesf817 member
    edited November 2017
    I’ll go first?

how old are you?

How far along are you?

6 weeks

How are you feeling?

mildly nauseous most of the day and tired. Otherwise not bad!

second, I have a 3 1/2 year old little guy.

Questions? 
    Is there going to be a big difference in the testing and whatnot this time around? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite thing to eat at thanksgiving? (International moms, favorite thing to eat at a big holiday gathering)? 

Stuffing. With gravy. All the stuffing with gravy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi I’m 39 and this is my 3rd (I have a 10 yo son and a 6 yo son). No nausea yet but feeling exhausted all of the time. I’m 7 weeks today. I love everything at Thanksgiving especially mashed potatoes!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    how old are you? 36

How far along are you? 4 weeks

How are you feeling? No symptoms other than tired

Is this your first pregnancy? I have had 7 pregnancies, but only 1 went to term.

Questions? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite thing to eat at thanksgiving? (International moms, favorite thing to eat at a big holiday gathering)? I can cook some pretty awesome stuffing and cranberry sauce to go with the turkey, but I am not cooking this year :( I am on Christmas duty now, but honestly I love cooking for thanksgiving
  • Options

how old are you?

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?
    Exhausted, weepy, I get at at least one big wave of nausea a day but other than that not too bad 

2nd, DD is 22 months 

Questions? 
    nope!

Big thanksgiving fan!!  Stuffing, cranberry anything, pie, string bean casserole.  The only thing I’m not a fan of is the actual turkey! 
  • Options
    how old are you?

40 as of this past Friday

How far along are you?
    7W4D

How are you feeling?
    Ok

No, I have an almost 10 year old, an 8 year old, and 4 losses.

GTKY: What’s your favorite thing to eat at thanksgiving? My mom had a recipe for bread dip my family has made for every holiday gathering since forever. I love it and will make it this year if I can find all the ingredients. 
  • Options

how old are you? 35

How far along are you? 6w3d

How are you feeling? Like death warmed over the past couple weeks, but it’s oddly reassurring, since it’s exactly the same as my pregnancy with DS!

Is this your first pregnancy? I have a 19mo old little boy

Questions? What’s so wrong with drive-by random posts? I think they are highly entertaining! I’m mean, come on, live a little
  • Options
    Doing this from memory...
    I'm 38.
    Currently 6W5D
    Will hopefully be my 1st LO.

Symptoms: Pure exhaustion, followed by insanely weird and vivid dreams! Near constant nausea and thirst. So much thirst!

Questions? When does the all out fear and anxiety of something going horribly wrong subside? I'm a nervous wreck...

Thanksgiving: gravy on everything + pecan pie. Can't wait!
  • Options
    I’m 37. 
    5w+2
    Have an 18 month old son. 

Symptoms: exhaustion, weird dreams, early waking. Had some nausea but it disappeared - I’m relieved but a bit nervous as I had pretty nasty MS last pregnancy. 

No questions. 

Thanksgiving: happened weeks ago for me (I’m Canadian) but love turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes. Damnit, now I’m craving this and have to wait until Christmas ;)
  • Options

Questions? What’s so wrong with drive-by random posts? I think they are highly entertaining! I’m mean, come on, live a little
    I’m totally with you! The bump was not nearly this...strict last time I was here. It’s a bit much. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Questions? When does the all out fear and anxiety of something going horribly wrong subside? I'm a nervous wreck...
    I wish I could say it ever does! And then they get here and you have a whole new set of worries. But if you feel anxious to the point that it’s really affecting your ability to function in your daily life you should definitely talk to your doc about it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    how old are you?

How far along are you?
    4w3d

How are you feeling?
    nervous

4th only my first was full term which I was 40 

GTKY: What’s your favorite thing to eat at thanksgiving? (International moms, favorite thing to eat at a big holiday gathering)? I like all things traditional thanksgiving but we have done Italian dinner too and that is awesome too 
  • Options
    how old are you?

How far along are you?
    4w6d

How are you feeling?
    Excited, but nervous about being a little older and the risks associated with it

This will be our 3rd child.  

GTKY: What’s your favorite thing to eat at thanksgiving? Mashed potatoes/stuffing - it's a toss up!
    Mom of 2 with 1 on the way!
    Mason 7 - 1/8/10
    Samantha 4 - 6/28/13
  • Options
    Finally able to post!  :smiley:

How old are you?

How far along are you?
    8w

How are you feeling?
    Shocked, excited, nervous about my "geriatric" state (though my best friend laughed and laughed when I told her, so at least we're getting some humour out of it). 

This will be number 3 (2 boys so far). 

GTKY: What’s your favorite thing to eat at Thanksgiving? 
    Pie...I only eat the rest to justify the pie.  :wink:
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Wife to one amazing man~~
    ~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • Options
    FWIW- my grandmother had her first baby at 17 and her last at 45. Eight kids total, long before all the prenatal screening we get these days! She also passed away last year at 93.

AMA is nothing new, it’s just back in the day most people were on kid #8 or #10!
  • Options
    how old are you?
    How far along are you?
    8w1d
    How are you feeling?
    meh.  so, so tired. ravenous one second, nauseous the next.
    5th- 2 to term
    Questions? 
    not at this time
    my mom's mashed potatoes are everything.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Nice to meet other AMAers!

how old are you?

How far along are you?

7 weeks, 2 days

How are you feeling?

Breasts hurt a lot. Intermittent nausea. Intense dreams. Mild cramping. Morning sickness in the evening.

Technically it's my fifth, but if this one lasts, it will be my first child.

Mashed potatoes with gravy and also stuffing (though I've been so hungry lately that I'm sure I'll be glad to eat most of everything on Thursday!).
  • Options
    how old are you?

How far along are you?
    5 wks 1 day

How are you feeling?
    Today - not so great, I did not sleep well (see my post under pregnancy brain). I also have been experiencing a little MS and headaches. But overall, not as stressed or worried as I have been in past pregnancies (PGAL), I think I have just accepted whatever happens, happens. 

This is my fourth, hoping to carry to term this time. 

Questions? 
    None 

Cornbread dressin' - I am from Mississippi originally, so we eat dressin' (without the "g"), not stuffing. I am really sad because this year we will be with my in-laws, and MIL's stuffing is just not as good. 
    *********************************** TW *****************************************
    BFP #1 Dec 2015 - CP Dec 2015 
    BFP #2 Jan 2016 - MC March 2016 
    BFP #3 May 2017 - Down Syndrome dx @ 12 wks - MC August 2016 

BFP #4 November 2017 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Cornbread dressin' - I am from Mississippi originally, so we eat dressin' (without the "g"), not stuffing. I am really sad because this year we will be with my in-laws, and MIL's stuffing is just not as good. 
    Corn bread dressin’ sounds amazing! My MIL is Irish so when she makes stuffing it’s made of potatoes and sausage. It’s delicious, but it’s not the bready goodness I’m used to. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MyBigFatGreekFetus You're so right--thanks for the context. It's been over six years since I was last pregnant, so I feel oooolllllldderrr and creakier than last time around, but women have been doing this for ages.  :smile:
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • Options
    how old are you?

How far along are you?
    4+3

How are you feeling?
    super nauseous all day. Never had MS with my first 

No, 2nd 

Turkey 
  • Options
    @hotairballoons99 I feel you with the all day MS.  I had that with both my boys.  With DS1, I threw up all day every day for 3 months.  With DS2, I didn't throw up at all, but felt sick all day every day, until someone recommended unisom + B6; you may want to check with your OB/midwife about whether that might help you.  It's been somewhat helpful this time around for me, too.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~