February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Ticker Change 11/18 & 11/19

If your EDD is 2/3, 2/4, 2/10, 2/11, 2/17, 2/18, 2/24, or 2/25 post here!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)?

Re: Weekend Ticker Change 11/18 & 11/19

• Options
    28 weeks! An eggplant lol

2) How are you feeling?
    Hip bothered me all this week, so I’ve been resting it and not exercising. Hope to get back at it next week!

No, I did my 28 week appointment slightly early due to the holiday.

No... just getting really excited for baby girl to get here already!

5) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)?
    So interstingly enough I don’t eat meat. I eat fish... but I enjoy Thanksgiving typically because I loooove side dishes and make that my main meal, and we don’t go anywhere far so I literally use it as an excuse to buy the wine I love and nurse that bottle all day  :D

This year will obviously be different lol. So I guess I’m looking forward to the pumpkin chocolate cake I’m making for dessert.

Enjoy your holiday week ladies!!!
  • Options
    @stephbp2007 that pumpkin chocolate cake sounds like it will be amazing!

1. 26 weeks on Sunday. A butternut squash or a bunch of kale depending on which app.

2. Feeling ok. Heartburn? Check. Also broad ligament or round ligament pain is killing me for the past week now. Just moving my legs at all is terrible. Didn’t expect to really have pain like that until my belly was bigger. Still thankful this is an uncomplicated pregnancy though, of course.

3. Nope

4. Rave: got my printed shower invitations back yesterday and spent part of the day trimming them all, getting addresses and addressing envelopes and they are ready for the mail Friday! So that’s exciting. :) Also, I think my husband and I are going to have my parents take a photo on thanksgiving so we can do a Facebook/instagram pregnancy announcement! I’m silly to be so late doing that, but I was planning to just not announce on social media at all in the early part of pregnancy. And since then I swear I know at least 20 people having a baby or who just had a baby so I wanna get in on some of the love! Lol. I just honestly don’t share much about my personal life on social media at all so it wasn’t a natural idea. But now that we decided to announce there I’m excited to do it!

5. My favorite is a cranberry chutney that my mom made since I was little and I’ve been making since i was an adult.  I love how it’s very crunchy and zesty. It has walnuts, celery, orange juice, etc. It’s nothing really fancy or complicated. I usually make a double batch and keep half at home for myself.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

28 weeks + 2 days

2) How are you feeling?
    Yesterday I was having a HORRIBLE pain shooting across my c-section scar. I took extra strength Tylenol which helped a little but I was more or less couch bound the entire day. This morning the pain was much much better. I'm wondering if the baby was trying to turn or if he was just jabbing/poking at the scar tissue I have from my previous c-section? Not really sure why it hurt so bad. I refrained from calling the doctor. If it happens again before my next appointment, I'll probably give them a call just to make sure. Other than that, I feel...exhausted. I've been trying to do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day but it's getting harder and harder cause I'm so tired all the time. 

None this week. I'm assuming I won't be seeing the OB until my 30 week appointment in early December. I had my glucose screen last week and they told me 'no news is good news.' I figure that they would have called by Tuesday to tell me if I needed to come back so I think I'm in the clear which makes me both relieved and inspires me to eat ALLLLL the chocolate. 

Rave: Almost done with all my Christmas shopping! 
    Rant: I can't help refinish furniture so I'm very limited in helping DH with anything for my son's new bedroom. I'm worried he won't be moved in/or okay with his new room before he has to give it up. We're struggling on the potty training circuit on top of everything else so I'm not sure how he'll transition to the new room. I really hope we don't have another night where he's in our bed though... that's been happening all too often lately. 

It's a toss up between my great aunt's stuffing recipe which we used to have on Thanksgiving and Christmas but only have on Christmas now, or my mom's cranberry sauce. I was watching Trisha Yearwood's cooking show and I'm pretty sure my mom stole her cranberry sauce recipe BUT it's fantastic. 
  • Options
    amb929 said:

28 weeks + 2 days

2) How are you feeling?
    Yesterday I was having a HORRIBLE pain shooting across my c-section scar. I took extra strength Tylenol which helped a little but I was more or less couch bound the entire day. This morning the pain was much much better. I'm wondering if the baby was trying to turn or if he was just jabbing/poking at the scar tissue I have from my previous c-section? Not really sure why it hurt so bad. I refrained from calling the doctor. If it happens again before my next appointment, I'll probably give them a call just to make sure. Other than that, I feel...exhausted. I've been trying to do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day but it's getting harder and harder cause I'm so tired all the time. 

None this week. I'm assuming I won't be seeing the OB until my 30 week appointment in early December. I had my glucose screen last week and they told me 'no news is good news.' I figure that they would have called by Tuesday to tell me if I needed to come back so I think I'm in the clear which makes me both relieved and inspires me to eat ALLLLL the chocolate. 

Rave: Almost done with all my Christmas shopping! 
    Rant: I can't help refinish furniture so I'm very limited in helping DH with anything for my son's new bedroom. I'm worried he won't be moved in/or okay with his new room before he has to give it up. We're struggling on the potty training circuit on top of everything else so I'm not sure how he'll transition to the new room. I really hope we don't have another night where he's in our bed though... that's been happening all too often lately. 

It's a toss up between my great aunt's stuffing recipe which we used to have on Thanksgiving and Christmas but only have on Christmas now, or my mom's cranberry sauce. I was watching Trisha Yearwood's cooking show and I'm pretty sure my mom stole her cranberry sauce recipe BUT it's fantastic. 
    I’m so sorry about your abdomen pain. That sounds awful!

I hear you about the chocolate and candy! I refrained from eating any the couple of days before my test (which was awful because it was around Halloween), and immediately after I was done I got back to the office and ate so much candy! I’m like an addict during the pregnancy, and I do not normally eat like this!!!