June 2018 Moms
Options

FFFC

It’s Friday, right? Where are the confessions. Let’s go! 

Re: FFFC

• Options
    @BurlapandLace as I was reading that I was like "WUT!?!" and then I got to the end and was like "Oh thank god" I thought you were going to say you didn't like Christmas decor at all. 

AFM...I don't think being a mom should be a woman's greatest accomplishment. I don't think it is anything special or extraordinary. Many people are moms and their experiences will probably be exactly the same as every other parent. Yes it's hard but a lot of things in life are hard. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @krashke ~ Oh no. Come Friday morning after Thanksgiving I am rushing everyone out of the house to go cut down our Christmas tree and it’s an all day adventure and we come back and set it all up and decorate and I love it. I am all about Christmas decor. Just AFTER Thanksgiving. But the very next morning, I am all over it. Haha 
  • Options
    I still read smutty romance novels.  Like full on He-man and damsel in distress romance novels.  I'm 32.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Preach, @krashke. In sort of a similar vein: I HATE when people say things along the lines of "I never knew what love was until I became a mother." What bizarre, exclusionary garbage.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro Totally!  While its true that you love that little baby harder than you've ever loved something, these cliche things are annoying and, like you said, exclusionary.  I try to remember what types of comments used to annoy me before I was a mom and not fall into the trap now.
  • Options
    I confess I am so glad DH's busy season is about to wind down so he can cater to me more (yup me). He has 3 big events left, and then I get to get my house back from looking like a warehouse to an actual home where people live. I also get the attentive husband back.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    After a loss and 2 years of infertility I’ve struggled as well as listened to others’ struggles. Therefore I hate it when people say that they’re so blessed to be pregnant. As if people who cannot get pregnant or lose their babies are somehow less worthy or undeserving of said blessings. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    While I agree with the cliche love mom/child mush I also think that caring for a totally dependent human 24/7 whether it be an elderly, special needs adult, or kid(s) is all a level of self sacrificing love that only comes through the act of being that dependent persons caregiver. And I don’t necessarily feel mushy about self sacrifice. It’s hard. And rewarding. But hard. 
  • Options
    In the last week, I've fed my 1 year old fast food french fries twice. Remember that list you have pre-kids of things you will never do? Oh yeah, that was definitely on mine. Guess I can cross it off...not the first item and I'm sure won't be the last. I'm not even mad about it  ;)
  • Options
    Ok. I will bite @krashke
    AFM...I don't think being a mom should be a woman's greatest accomplishment. I don't think it is anything special or extraordinary. Many people are moms and their experiences will probably be exactly the same as every other parent. Yes it's hard but a lot of things in life are hard. 
    So since many people are parents, it can’t be MY greatest accomplishment in MY life? 

A lot of people are lawyers and doctors. A lot of people have masters degrees. A lot of people have won prestigious awards. So does that mean that becoming a lawyer or doctor can’t be someone’s greatest accomplishment in their life? Getting their masters or winning a prestigious award? 

While I did things I was personally proud of before becoming a parent, I’m not a doctor - I don’t have my masters - I haven’t started a successful business from the ground up - I didn’t create some magical drug. Being a parent is MY greatest accomplishment in MY life. Many people have much more accomplished lives than I do, for sure. But what about someone who’s greatest accomplishment is graduating high school? Yeah their life isn’t as accomplished as the woman who cures cancer, but for that person, that was an accomplishment that they are very proud of. 

I am personally very proud of being a parent and I don’t think anything in MY life could be more important than that. 
    True. I’ve got a pretty great career that’s provided me cool, once in a lifetime opportunities and financial success (work in Marketing), but I’m for sure not changing lives with it. Like no contribution to society whatsoever unless you like eating at chain restaurants or drinking soda. Ha! Raising my kids with my husband will be the legacy I’ll leave the world, so it really is the most important and impactful thing I’ll do. No pressure, right?
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My confession? We used Netflix on our phones last weekend so we could eat a sit down meal in peace. It makes me feel like a crap parent, but it was nice to have a few minutes of peace. We never go for sit down meals, but my birthday request was a good meal and we had no one to watch the kids. Judge me all you want. 
  • Options
    @MooFish2364 I completely agree. That and when people ask when you’re having kids, and when you tell them you’ve been trying forever (which is none of their business anyways!!) and they say something like “just let things happen naturally, don’t force it” or “just have lots of sex”. 
  • Options
    I guess what I’m saying is there’s so much more to life. I’m not a doctor or a scientist that’s going to change the world either. I work at a desk all day and stare at a computer and spend my Friday night binging on Netflix. 

Being a parent is hard. Raising good people is important. But in order to do that I think it’s also important to have your own interests and hobbies and to volunteer. 

I think there’s a lot of pressure on women to have amazing careers, be the best mom with Pinterest perfect birthday parties and mom groups. I just don’t see myself as the doting mother. 

Lastly what happens when your kids are all grown and have made their own families and you have nothing? I don’t mean to sound accusatory, I’m more concerned about our mental health and the pressure put on us. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    bearmoons said:
    @MooFish2364 I completely agree. That and when people ask when you’re having kids, and when you tell them you’ve been trying forever (which is none of their business anyways!!) and they say something like “just let things happen naturally, don’t force it” or “just have lots of sex”. 
    My favourite - "just relax & it'll happen." Like, b****, no. 
  • Options
    In the last week, I've fed my 1 year old fast food french fries twice. Remember that list you have pre-kids of things you will never do? Oh yeah, that was definitely on mine. Guess I can cross it off...not the first item and I'm sure won't be the last. I'm not even mad about it  ;)
    Our daughter lived off of chicken nuggets & fries last week, so no judgement over here! But yup, I was definitely one of those people that swore my kid wouldn't eat fast food until they were 10... yeah, right!  :D
  • Options
    krashke said:
    I guess what I’m saying is there’s so much more to life. I’m not a doctor or a scientist that’s going to change the world either. I work at a desk all day and stare at a computer and spend my Friday night binging on Netflix. 

Being a parent is hard. Raising good people is important. But in order to do that I think it’s also important to have your own interests and hobbies and to volunteer. 

I think there’s a lot of pressure on women to have amazing careers, be the best mom with Pinterest perfect birthday parties and mom groups. I just don’t see myself as the doting mother. 

Lastly what happens when your kids are all grown and have made their own families and you have nothing? I don’t mean to sound accusatory, I’m more concerned about our mental health and the pressure put on us. 
    Oh yes.  Co sign totally. Raising my kids is going to be the legacy I’ll leave the world, but I’m also determined to continue to date my husband, go on romantic, kid-free trips to Italy, girls only trips to NOLA and live a well-rounded life. That’s part of the reason I’m keeping this fluff of a career peddling soft drinks and junk food to the masses - I’m good at it, enjoy it and it enables us to afford some of those more fun activities for kids and adults alike. 
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bearmoons and people think that it is somehow ground breaking advice. Oh have more sex...why didn’t I think of that before I spent thousands of dollars on an RE?! My mom wouldn’t say thing she like that all the time. Turns out I have endometriosis and probably never would have gotten pregnant without having it removed first. All of the relaxing in the world wouldn’t have helped. Sheesh. 
    Pregnancy Ticker