June 2018 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-in - w/o Nov 16

How far along are you?

How are you feeling physically/emotionally?

What have you got going on this week?

If you could invent a national holiday, what/when would it be? Why?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-in - w/o Nov 16

• Hi! I feel like our TTGP grads have been quiet lately. I hope everything is going well. 

How far along are you? 9+3

How are you feeling physically/emotionally? good. I'm on EOD feeling like crap or feeling great. The days I feel great I worry because all my symptoms have left and the days I feel like crap I hate because I feel like crap. I have been having this afternoon nausea where I basically have that feeling like right before you're going to throw up for about 3 hours straight but I never throw up. 

What have you got going on this week? MH is leaving tomorrow night for hunting so I wont see him until I meet him in WI for Thanksgiving so we are trying to get the house ready to go before he leaves because the day after Thanksgiving my family is coming to visit. I'm a bad pg lady and have been helping him paint and then the days I don't have symptoms I'm worried I harmed the baby by painting so I might just need to take a step back for my mental health. 

If you could invent a national holiday, what/when would it be? Why? Probably national don't do a damn thing day. I love having off work for holidays but I never feel like they are relaxing because we have to visit family or prepare things. And on the weekends we have to get shit done because we work all week. So one day where everyone has off and you get to sleep in and do nothing. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212 FX for your results and YH's bar results! I think we should combine our days do nothing and no screens. Like just spend time with the people you love. Maybe go for a walk. 
    *TW LC*

• @LaceyBee522 I have to look at Ovia every time. Also I think it's perfectly normal to feel scared and overwhelmed especially with two! I hope the books help. 
    *TW LC*

• @laceybee522 - Patriot's Day was not created to honor those lost in the Boston Marathon.  Patriot's Day commemorates battles in the revolutionary war. 

@doxiemoxie212 good luck to your H! Waiting on bar exam results is the worst.

How far along are you? 11+6

How are you feeling physically/emotionally?  Exhausted. Nauseated.  My patience is at a negative 100.

What have you got going on this week? Work.  Blood test on Friday for Panorama.  I wish the results came back sooner than 10 days given the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

If you could invent a national holiday, what/when would it be? Why?  I like the National Do Nothing holiday.
  • LaceyBee522LaceyBee522 member
    edited November 2017
    @marcus7676 Oh! I had no idea!! Thanks for clarifying!  ETA - I'll update my original post so as not to mislead anyone else!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited November 2017
    Gonna post and run (my life lately, sorry!). I'll try to get back to comment later.

How far along are you? 9+0

How are you feeling physically/emotionally? Emotionally, pretty great! Our appointment Monday went really well seeing a LO wiggling away. Still some nausea and tiredness, but I'm either coping better or it's getting a little better.

What have you got going on this week? Work has been nuts. Lots of changing plans (deadline originally next week, but then decided to request an extension until the first of the year, then let's submit this asap!). It'll actually give us a better shot at getting this paper accepted quickly, but it's stressful. And then my credit card number was fraudulently used, so I get to deal with that and trying to get home to receive the new card. This weekend I'll be cleaning the house since we'll be hosting Thanksgiving, and we're also getting our rooms measured for new carpet!

If you could invent a national holiday, what/when would it be? Why? National let's all be lazy and not do anything day. How about today, cuz I could use it.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @LaceyBee522 I just read Bringing up Bebe (that French parenting book written by a new yorker living in Paris), and I never would’ve known before reading it that she ends up having twins her second pregnancy. I really liked certain ideas from the book, but it’s also just written as an examination of French culture and life which is fun to read. You might just get a kick out of her description of twins lol. 
  • How far along are you?
    8+2
    Freaking out,  I woke up with a burning throat yesterday and I'm pretty sure I have a UTI or bladder infection.  My throat feels better today but now I'm just sick. I'm going in to see my Dr at 1:30 because an inch below my belly button is really tender. I just want to make sure everything is ok.  
    Not much,  hopefully relax.  I have my US Monday which is so close now! 
    I would invent "I just need a day off" day and I would put it in the first Friday of March since there aren't any paid Holidays between new years and memorial day
  • @doxiemoxie212 Thanks for the rec! I've actually just started Bringing up Bebe on the rec of a friend of mine - so far a lot of the advice makes sense! Didn't know about the twins! Exciting!!

@icecubeinthedesert GL with work and prepping for Thanksgiving!! 

@galactickates FX you get good news at your doctor's appointment. I hope you feel better soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 Oh tell me when you’re done, id love to discuss! 
  • How far along are you? 
    12 weeks today

physically, I still don't want to eat much of anything. I'm reallllllly over this struggle. emotionally, I was really good. the panic of 'what if' is still trying to creep in here and there.

mat21 results came back all clear! And there's an envelope on my desk here that tells me if this baby is a boy and girl. if my husband doesn't get home from work soon... I might lose it.

If you could invent a national holiday, what/when would it be? why?
    I guess these wouldn't be 'national holidays'. but I was just talking to someone a couple weeks ago that bdays should be up there with national holidays when it comes to work.. we should automatically get those days off! lol
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @krashke I think it was sometime during week 9 that the same thing happened to me. I had good and bad days. and the bad days were always evening things. my best time was during the morning, so I was trying to clean and everything before it kicked it.

@doxiemoxie212 my boobs started again also! mainly at night, when I'm trying to roll over lol. fx for your husbands results tomorrow! and of course your m21 also!

@laceybee522 a poolside cabana sounds a-maaaz-ing. hope some r&r makes you feel better!

@marcus7676 fx for your bloodwork tomorrow!

@icecubeinthedesert sorry to hear works been crazy. and awful to hear about your card, and of course, right before the holidays.

@galactickates hope you feel better!

• How far along are you? 9wk 3 days.

How are you feeling physically/emotionally? Physically - so freaking exhausted I can hardly see straight! I've still got the sore boobs, but the queasiness has subsided quite a bit this week and that is nice.  Now I'm just trying to get out of the sleepy foggy brain I'm dealing with all the time. Emotionally - I'm feeling better after our ultrasound last week. Seeing the baby and the healthy heart beat and knowing that everything is measuring exactly where it should be has really helped me to actually believe this one could stick around for us.

What have you got going on this week? Work work work. Getting things organized for Thanksgiving holiday.  We get to celebrate with both sides of the family so that means lots of travel between in-laws and my family and very tired kids by the end of the day.  

If you could invent a national holiday, what/when would it be? Why? I actually completely agree with 9/11 being a national day of remembrance.  It always feels strange to me just going through our normal every day life on that day.  I can imagine this is likely how the older generation feels about Pearl Harbor day. 

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited November 2017
    hi @Murraydog2008 - I am terrible with names. Were you on TTGP....? Am I losing my mind? It's entirely possible I am losing my mind.
  • I got my threads mixed up and thought this was the PGAL thread. disregard my comment. pregnancy brain is actually killing me right now.

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • @doxiemoxie212 @LaceyBee522 I read bringing up Bebe after DS. I wish I read it before!! 
  • @marcus7676 I found it so interesting! I'm going to make DH and my mom read it. Also made me want to visit France rull rull bad lol. I've always been drawn more to Italy or Croatia for our next Europe trip, but now I really want to go to Paris. I am such a sucker for a story! (I read a series set in Berlin recently, and it made me want to go to Germany lol)
  • @doxiemoxie212 we took DS to Alsace when he was 9 months. Maybe the book influenced that trip because originally, we were thinking Portugal or Spain :-) definitely have your H read it. I’ve been trying to get mine to read it but considering he won’t finish the potty training book (which we are doing next week) he’s never getting to this one!
  • @marcus7676 mercifully, DH speaks conversational french and is interested generally in french culture, so I think it'll be easier for me to get him into it than it would be otherwise. I'm actually a little more concerned that he's going to really REALLY like it and become super effing militant or something (which is what happened after I had him watch The Business of Being Born), so then I'll have to find books to take the edge off lol. But if we stay in Manhattan, I'm def going to that pediatrician practice! ;)
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks + 2

How are you feeling physically/emotionally? You know, I've definitely felt better in my life than I do now. It's been a rough few weeks. I haven't been sleeping well at night in weeks so the days are really hard to get through with the exhaustion. My nausea is pretty consistently non-stop, but worse on an empty stomach. I'm a ticking time bomb of emotion and the mood swings are...interesting. I relate to so much of what you ladies are going through. I know how much better I felt in the second trimester with DS so I'm just praying I get some reprieve with this pregnancy in a few weeks too. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming

What have you got going on this week? I had a pre-natal appt yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat! We weren't supposed to but I told the OB I was disappointed since I thought he was going to use the Doppler, so he used it just to ease my mind. It took a while to find, but we heard it :) Definitely gave me a reminder that the crappy-ness I feel is for a good reason <3 My next appt is for the NT scan! I can't wait to stare at our little one for a good solid 30 mins on screen.

Hmm...A mandatory beach day in the midst of summer would be fabulous.

@krashke Some times throughout the day I will get a little reprieve and feel ok, and then I worry. And then it all comes crashing back and I think why?? why didn't I enjoy it?? I'm starting to realize that I need to enjoy the good moments while they last!
    @doxiemoxie212 @catlady1215 What're the Mat21 results? The genetic testing?
    @marcus7676 Yes on the patience. Yes. Yes Yes.
    @galactickates Sorry about the throat and UTI :(

• I haven't been around a lot because of school/work. I'm trying to keep up, but it's not going super well. Ugh.
    @doxiemoxie212 - Keeping my FX for YH's bar results and your Mat21 results! I'm laughing a little at your request for a screen-free day. My mum and I went out to breakfast this morning, and I people-watch, and there were 4 other occupied tables. 3/4 of them had all occupants on their cell phones. One of the tables had a couple and another male (they were older: 60s maybe?), and all three were watching videos on their cell phones... With the sound on, super loud. Like... are you kidding me? Why would you do that in the middle of a restaurant? And can't you just enjoy each other's company?
    @icecubeinthedesert - Ugh, sorry you're going through that. There's someone trying to steal H's identity, and that's fun. I hope you get your new card soon!

How far along are you? 9 weeks.

Rant: I'm kind of done calling in to my OB's office and I'm going to stick with stopping by when I'm working down the hall or in town for class. The lady at the call center is constantly a B. I don't like her when I cover the call center either, and I think she's realized that I'm the float that covers and that's why she's started to be a B when I call.
    I called this morning to double-check my appt time and see who it was with, and just asked for clarification because when I covered the OB office I was told that new OB visits go with one of the 3 OB doctors, not the NP. And mine's with the NP. So I was just like "hey, this is what I was told when I was covering there, was this a wrongly scheduled appt, or is it cool?" and she went off on a tangent about how the OBs are busy and can't see all of the new OB visits because they're busy seeing problem patients. And I was like, well, okay, they're OB doctors, they don't just see patients with problems because that's absolutely ridiculous, but whatever...
    I felt like I was trying to de-escalate the situation when I hadn't done anything, and it wouldn't be my job to do so as the patient, and it really irked me.

How are you feeling physically/emotionally? Feeling good. I'm taking Zofran for the N/V now, and feel 100 times better. I have to eat every few hours or have low blood sugar/dizziness, but, it's not a struggle to eat anymore! I also have been experiencing a fullness in my uterus... which is awesome and weird at the same time. Emotionally, like I mentioned above, I'm kind of on a short string lately.

What have you got going on this week? Today's my birthday! I'm going hunting tomorrow, getting my hair cut at some point this weekend hopefully, and next week is an easy peasy week for me. Work Monday, class Tuesday, short work day Wednesday, and then a 4 day weekend!

If you could invent a national holiday, what/when would it be? Why? Mental Health Day... just a day that everyone had off for their own mental health.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 Happy Birthday! Do you and YH exchange gifts for birthday? If so, what did you get? 
    *TW LC*

• @krashke - We do, but he hasn't gotten me anything yet. :lol: He's always a last-minute shopper. My parents got me an orange winter hat, and a set of knives for if/when we get a deer this season, because neither H nor I have a really reliable hunting knive.
    Seems weird, but I'm definitely more in to practical things, and was super excited when I got them. :tongue:
    I told H that if he really wanted to get me something, to get me a huge thing of hot cocoa mix because I drank all mine, so I'll probably get that and some Reese's if I know him as well as I think I do, lol. He's been paying to have my dad repair my car (wheel bearings, windshield wipers, and breaks all needed replacing), so I told him that would be my birthday present.

And thank you for the birthday wishes! @krashke @doxiemoxie212

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 happy Birthday!!!! 
    I'm sorry your OB office is treating you like that too. How rude of them! 
  • Happy birthday @izza2 !!

• happy birthday @izza2!!!
  • Thanks, you guys!

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Does anyone else still lurk the July BMB?
  • @doxiemoxie212 that was an entertaining Sunday morning read. Now I have to muster up the energy to put on a bra to get donuts. 
    *TW LC*

• @doxiemoxie212 - I lurk the Intros, U/S's, and the TTGP Grad threads to see updates from friends... Other than that I haven't. Anything fun?

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 nothing super specific, except maybe the weird thread about how they all KNOW the sex of their babies already. 

Just generally I find it to be the most baby center BMB I've ever seen on TB. It seems insane... 
  • I'll have to go check it out. I go here and there. But I've already decided I'm really glad to be on the June board lol
  • @catlady1215 you go here and MAY, not here and July lol
  • Wow... yep,  that exactly why I'm not moving to July if my EDD gets pushed out.  You can't make me!!!! 

• @doxiemoxie212 I don't even go in May lol. I've made June my forever home. But if it would have happened to have been July... I wouldn't have been happy 
  • I only check out July because I'm rooting the ttgp grads.  I still check the ttgp board too. Basically I'm just hoping for bfps and to cheer them on when they lay the smack down on drive bys.