February 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change | 11/15/17

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: what is your favorite Thanksgiving or Holiday food that you are most looking forward to?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change | 11/15/17

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    25 weeks, cauliflower

Feeling great lately! Some minor Braxton Hicks every once in awhile, mainly at night after days I’ve over done it. 

Glucose test next Wednesday 

Rant and Rave...my husband has been working out and focusing on his nutrition for the past month...my rave is how extremely proud I am
    of him and how healthy he is getting and he is being so strict on himself. My rant is STOP telling the pregnant woman who keeps gaining weight how your old pants fit and how people keep noticing your weight loss! 

5) GTKY: what is your favorite Thanksgiving or Holiday food that you are most looking forward to?
    turkey and stuffing...traditional i know but I LOVE stuffing! 
    25 weeks... cauliflower? Weird

My hands have been been cracking and bleeding. This happened last pg, too, because pg makes my allergies go completely out of whack. OB said I can use hydro-cortisone cream, which has helped immensely.

Also- and I apologize because this is gross on top of being really strange- when I gave my urine sample yesterday at my OB's office I suddenly got this strong whiff of fruity pebbles. It took me a moment to figure out... it was my urine. And the smell made my mouth water. I was so disgusted, and was too embarrassed to bring it up to my OB. WTF???

Had a routine OB appt yesterday. Baby's heartbeat sounds great, growth appears normal, always a relief to hear.

My allergist's office closed right after I got pg, and I can't get into a new one until after baby is born because no one will take on a pg person. OB was trying very hard to work with the specialized pharmacy to try to continue my allergy treatments (I do daily drops under my tongue) during pg, but yesterday told me he won't be able to. I have enough of my serum to continue for another week, and then I'll have to discontinue until I see a new allergist after baby is born. I'm trying to stay calm, because I ended up in the hospital 3 times with my throat swelling shut before I started these drops a year and a half ago. One of those times was when I was pg with DD. There isn't anything I can do about it, so I'm just trying to accept it and be extra careful I have my epi-pen on hand at all times.

Stuffing!!!!!! I made some boxed stuffing the other night because I just couldn't wait!!!! lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @RachelR17 Good luck on your glucose test! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    27 weeks, head of romaine lettuce

Pelvic pain that has me sidelined from doing anything active whatsoever.  It's only on one side, and not exacerbated by things like stairs or getting out of bed, so it's decidedly not SPD, but it's super persistent and uncomfortable.  Frustrating.

Nothing this week

I'll build onto @RachelR17 and say that I've hit the point in my pregnancy where I outweigh my husband (we are both relatively small people), and it's SO ANNOYING.  My weight gain has generally been trending slightly ahead of where it was with DS1, so I'm already conscious of it, but I hate being bigger than him! 

All of the pie.
  • @precious88 first, that is fascinating about the fruity pebbles smell!! I wonder if there's some chemical that you can smell particularly well, that happens to also be in fruity pebbles... I'm thinking of the way some people notice an odd odor in their urine after eating asparagus. I read somewhere that everyone's urine actually gets an asparagus smell, but only some people have the right enzyme to smell it. (okay, I'll stop being a nerd ;) ). second, that totally sucks and is really scary about your allergy meds. Do you have a PCP that could do the prescription for you?? The OBs in my area won't do anything that could potentially be considered primary care (eg. prescriptions for non gyno/OB related issues) for insurance reasons, but PCPs are usually more flexible.

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    27 weeks, lettuce (??)

My mood is back on a real roller coaster. I go from super happy (usually in the morning, which is weird for me) to totally down in the dumps (lately at night, ugh). It feels like just about anything can ruin my mood, too (see rant, below). 

Glucose test on Friday. DH has an appt during my "waiting period" (same provider-- family doc) for his blood pressure, and we're not expecting good news in light of the new AHA guidelines. Should be a fun day all around :P

Last night my mom asked if she could come to my town to throw a sprinkle shower for me (she lives 6 hours away). I don't have many friends here outside of work, and it just seems weird to me for an outsider (my mom) to come and throw a party for a bunch of people she doesn't know, especially when she's asking them to give her daughter things. To make matters more awkward, DH and I are both applying for new jobs-- we're hoping to stay where we are (so... hoping for improved positions at our mutual employer), but there's a chance we'd leave. And the people deciding whether or not we get better positions here are the colleagues-slash-friends that would be invited to a hypothetical shower. Trying to explain all of this to her totally ruined my mood last night. It doesn't help that my cousin's wife is due in April with baby #3, so my mom is hearing about all of her preparations from my aunt. And she is doing a *lot* more to prepare than I am. Apparently she knows all of the "latest and greatest" baby gear, which she has added to the registry for her sprinkle shower. I'm over here thinking, what more could she possibly need?!?! (but yeah, okay, I'm a little jealous also!) My cousins have a much more traditional lifestyle than DH and I do, and my mom sees that very favorably (don't get me started on the pressure I've been under to give up my job to stay home, even though we can't afford it).

Stuffing and green bean casserole, for sure. I'd be content to eat nothing but a big bowl of stuffing and green bean casserole (mixed together), topped with some gravy, for my dinner.
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @katefb17 I'm a total nerd, too, and know exactly what you're talking about with the asparagus lol. I can smell it, DH can't. I hadn't thought about that, but maybe it is something similar.

Unfortunately my allergist was in my PCP office, which is what closed. So I also have had no PCP this pg, and can't get one until after baby is born. It's been super fun. My OB has been so helpful, and at least can write the prescriptions for my epi-pens.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @katefb17 good luck on your glucose test!!  <3 

@psm2462 ugh I hate outweighing him! I’m so self conscious and he just doesn’t get it...he keeps saying “you’re pregnant, you look beautiful” no i don’t I’m HUGE!  :s
  • @RachelR17 DH started a crazy workout regimen right when I got pregnant coincidentally, because he was going to be on a very strenuous 3 week shoot in the mountains (he is a director/dp). But it was like right when I was more fat than pregnant looking and it was the worst. He has toned it down a little, but its so annoying to have him be really in shape and muscular and I am on restricted activity and can basically only walk.  And he and other also love to talk about how "both our bodies are changing" and I'm like, please stop comparing your not being able to touch your shoulder (because of bicep size) to me not being able to touch my feet (because of belly size)
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  28 weeks, eggplant

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms? I weirdly feel great, I never really got a second trimester energy surge or "honeymoon" phase, but I feel like I have it now. I am in nesting mode and I am grateful because I have done nothing to prepare or clean either at home or work. 

3) Any appointments this week? Friday I have my scan to see if my complete previa has resolved and I cannot wait. There are a number of things riding on whether it has or not, like mine and DH's work schedule for the rest of the year and I feel like I can't make any plans until I know. Also I have been on pelvic rest for the last 10 weeks and I need that to stop as well! 

I love all the sides! Sausage and sage stuffing and mashed potatoes and of course all of the pie. And I am looking forward to Christmas cookies and Christmas day lunch where I usually make something indulgent like  beef wellington. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good luck on your glucose test @RachelR17!!!

@precious88 I hope your allergies cooperate.  That sounds scary!

Good luck on your glucose test @katefb17 and I hope your husband's BP isn't too bad!  I haven't had a chance to look at the new guidelines yet but I heard they issued them.

I hope your scan goes well @MrsJ2410!  I am starting nesting mode too.

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 28 weeks!  Baby is an eggplant.

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms?  Not bad except for the usual stuff.

3) Any appointments this week?  28 week check up tomorrow.  After this one, I start bi-weekly appointments.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  I failed my 1 hour glucose test on Friday but found out I passed my 3 hour test that I took yesterday.  he nurse said enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner lol

Green bean casserole!!!  I made it once last week and made it again last night.  I couldn't wait!!!  DH will be sick of it by the time we get to the actual meal next week lol
    28 weeks, eggplant

still very tired. I can't sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time and it really annoying. 

Nope. Not until Dec 4th

DH finally got the desk and book shelf out of the office and moved in the spare bed so DS2 has officially moved rooms. We also found all the parts to DS1 crib and will get that together this weekend. Such a relief to have the bedroom situation finally worked out.  We still have a little bit of stuff to love around but all the big items have been taken care of. 

5) GTKY: what is your favorite Thanksgiving or Holiday food that you are most looking forward to?  Pies and cookies. 
  • @chucksmom15 I read "baby is an eggplant" as "baby is an elephant" and I laughed to myself because my belly feels so large that I could legitimately say "baby is an elephant."  congrats on passing the  3 hour!!
  • @psm2462 I am with you on the pelvic pain + being sidelined. It is only on one side for me, too, and walking up/ down stairs actually makes me feel *better* (weird), while other recommendations for SPD (eg. sitting on a birth ball) make it worse. Ugh.
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
  • @katefb17 same here! No pain at all on stairs.  And I have some tenderness to the touch, also.  My doctor thinks it's a sprained ligament or pulled muscle -- which may or may not improve since the weight of the baby is right on it.  Great.
  • Some days I feel like I am carrying an elephant lol @psm2462
  • @precious88 Fruit pebbles! Nice! Ha, I get super sweet smelling urine after I eat a super sweet breakfast (mainly sugar puff cereal). So I wonder if that was the culprit. And good luck with the allergist issues. That’s a scary thing to have to carry an epi pen around... 

@RachelR17  I’m glad your husband is trying to get fit! Mine is gaining weight with me! Haha. We’ve already had to buy him new pants a few times. So we’re gaining weight together... haha! 

@chucksmom15 Congrats on passing the three hour test! 

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

27 weeks. Baby Olivia is as big as a bunch of bananas.

Insomnia has been my friend lately. I haven’t been getting up to pee as much in the middle of the night, but I toss and turn, and then Olivia starts moving at 3AM and I can’t get back to sleep. It makes for some long days.

I did an extra US this morning to see more profile images of LO. She flipped positions, so her head is up now and her body is folded in half! Her feet were up near her head, so we didn’t get many good 3D images. Silly child.

I have the glucose test next week and I’m freaking out a little that I’ll fail. 

I have been checking babies r us religiously to try to find deals on our baby furniture and this morning I found it! 30% off, so I’m super stoked that we have finally bought furniture! Now we just need a deal on the glider and we’ll be set for her bedroom! I’m getting excited now! 

Pumpkin pie is my downfall. I could eat that all day long. With a bunch of whipped cream... OMG, My mouth is watering. I may need to grab a pie now and eat it. Mmmmmm.... 

• I hope you stay reaction-free, @precious88 !
    @chucksmom15 , hooray for passing the 3 hour! I go for my 1 hour the day before Thanksgiving, and am a little nervous!
    @jenniferjoy37 , yay for furniture! That's exciting!

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 27 weeks today- lettuce? hmm.. 

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms? Nothing new, still on and off heartburn, and sleep has been weird some nights, too.  Overall, still feeling lucky to feel good!

3) Any appointments this week? Nothing until next week. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Have you guys asked your providers about sleep positions? I asked mine way back when, and she had no restrictions, etc. (BUT, not sure if she meant like, sleep however I wanted THEN? It was pretty early on).  I've been trying to sleep on my side, but end up on my back all the time.  Is there really anything to worry about? (I'm planning to ask again, but figured I'd ask if any of you had heard anything specific). 

I love sweets, so maybe Christmas cookies?  
  • @precious88 im popping over from Tuesday lol. I’m so sorry about your allergy issues! I can commiserate a little with you bc I had a similar issue when I was pregnant with DS. My asthma/allergies were so bad they landed me in the ER. I was wheezing and had terrible shortness of breath and the ER dr wouldn’t give me a single thing to help. I thought I was going to die. I couldn’t walk down the hall without stopping to catch my breath: 

there is is something seriously wrong with that. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lucylou214 with both my pregnancies, my providers have generally given the "left side, if you're able to" sleep advice, but both acknowledged that it's impossible to control how you turn in your sleep and said that whatever position I was able to sleep in was better than none.  My previous OB had said that I would likely wake up if I was on my back too long and blood flow was being affected (since it's blood flow to yourself, not to the baby), and that's definitely held true for me -- I am more likely to wake up if I turn onto my back, then I shift to one side or the other, based on whichever is comfortable at the time.

I don't know if anyone else has read Expecting Better (which I highly recommend), but she does a little dive into the "sleep position" recommendations and the risks associated with sleeping on your back or right side are extremely low.
  • I usually wake up if I end up on my back @lucylou214.  I always slept on my back before so it's a problem for me too!  I make sure my pregnancy pillow is propped behind me before I go to sleep just in case.
  • Afternoon snack lol

• @psm2462 & @chucksmom15 , thanks! I was previously a committed and consistent stomach sleeper and miiissss it! I'm trying to go to sleep on my left side (with my snoogle), but almost always end up on my back. I appreciate your insight!
  • omg @chucksmom15 I'm so jealous!!!!!! I'm currently giving in to a pizza roll craving, but cannot wait for some green bean casserole! :smiley:
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1