November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Check In 11/14

For those Mamas still awaiting the arrival of their LO:
1) How far along are you?

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
3) Cravings/symptoms?
4) Rants/raves/concerns?
5) Anything else you want to add/ask?
6) GTKY - Favorite baby item that you've bought or received? 

For those new Mama's who have already had their baby(ies):
1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you?
3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods?
4) For formula-feeding moms, how are feedings going? Have you had to switch formulas at all?
5) How're you doing with the visitors?
6) Rants/raves/concerns?
7) Anything else you want to add/ask?
8) GTKY - Favorite moment since welcoming your LO(s) into the world?

Re: Weekly Check In 11/14

• Options
    39+3
    Just a check in today, 2cm dilated and 75-80% thinned.
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Lots of BH today.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Today was an emotional roller coaster: had a former student come see me, which was so sweet. Then had a current student try to hit me. After everything I've had to deal with this year with this student, I finally had enough. I typed up a letter requesting him to be removed from my class. It was a tough decision because I didn't want to feel as though I'm giving up on him, but at the same time, I've got 20 other kids to worry about.

Also, the baby book I ordered came in today, amd I love it!
    It's between 2 quilts: a Noah's Ark cross stitch my aunt made, or a quilt that a family friend made with pieces of fabric that her daughter had started collecting before she passed away. Both will be family heirlooms now.
  • Options
    38+2
    Appointment yesterday, still 1 cm, thinned out, plug gone. My midwife is in the process of coming up with a reason to induce me on Friday so my fiance doesn't have to take time off work so tomorrow I will go in for an NST. My induction was supposed to be for Monday so only a couple days early.
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Constant sciatic area pain and pelvic pressure. Everything is generally uncomfortable now and I can't wait to have my body back to myself.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    I have everything I need except the bassinet sheets which my mother insisted on getting and than didn't order until this weekend when I asked her about it. I had my 1st son over 3 weeks early so I've been super on edge and freaking out because everything isn't ready.
    My fiance half jokingly said I need to stop calling him while he's working because everytime he sees me pop up on his screen he instantly thinks I went into labor. He's so on edge waiting! Well we both are.
    I'm not sure what is my favorite. I got some outfits from my fiance's mom that I love!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 38+5
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Last Friday was great except that I've been measuring exactly on track the entire time and was suddenly measuring 41 (at 38 weeks). I have a growth scan tomorrow morning to see what's going on with his/her size, then my regular appointment on Friday.
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Just miserable. My pelvis and lower back are absolutely killing me. I was sleeping well for a couple weeks, but I'm back to major insomnia. So over it. I hope baby is ready to come out really, really soon.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? Has anyone else had sudden jumps in size toward the end of pregnancy? From what I've found online, other explanations include extra fluid or a change in position, but baby seemed to be in the same position they've been in for the past few weeks. I've also read that both fundal measurements and ultrasound measurements can be off / unreliable this late in pregnancy, so I don't know what to think or expect in terms of baby's actual size.
    6) GTKY - Favorite baby item that you've bought or received? The most meaningful is probably a hand-knitted blanket made by a close family friend. On the purely-adorable side, I flipping love hats and outfits with little bear ears for babies, and we got quite a few of those—new and hand-me-downs—and they all make me soooo happy.
  • Options
    @YesOuiCan I don't have personal experience, but have heard that measurements are often off in the last few weeks. 

My co-worker was told at 36 weeks that her daughter was measuring 3 weeks again. Then at 39 weeks, was told she is just long and actually measuring on track. Another co-worker was told at 38 weeks that her son's head was too big for vaginal delivery and that he would be a 10lb baby. She opted for a c-section...which resulted in a healthy, 7.5lb baby boy with a normal sized head. So you never know I guess :)
  • Options
    I really need to start reading the threads before posting!  Sorry, @hillaryo14!  I tried to delete my thread, but it wouldn't let me.
  • Options
    39 weeks (tomorrow)
    I had an appointment today - it went well and everything is as the midwife expects. LO is posterior so I will be sitting on an exercise ball and doing lots of cat/cow pose to try to get her to face the opposite way.
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    I want to eat everything in sight but also don't want to gain more weight. Feeling lots of pressure and aches in my lower back and pelvis.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    When will this little girl decide to make her big debut?! I am so excited and now that I am officially on mat leave and everything ready I am starting to get impatient lol 
    Nope :)
    This is a tough one, we got a lot of really great stuff, I don't think I can pick!
  • Options
    @curiousfool1 Great minds think alike! So no worries, I think these are fun to fill out anyway.
  • Options
     9 days

Baby Kara has an appointment tomorrow for a check up with our family Dr. Also a public health nurse stopped by our house yesterday to weigh baby and to see how baby and I are doing.

3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods?
    Breastfeeding is going good she normally has a fussy time during the night but overall good.

4) For formula-feeding moms, how are feedings going? Have you had to switch formulas at all?

The visitors have calmed down now which is nice. I plan to take baby kara to my work Friday cause girls I work with keep asking about her.

6) rants/raves/concerns?
    Being a mom is one of the greatest feelings ever I didn't know I could love someone this much.

Nope

Baby cuddles I can't get enough of the baby cuddles. 
  • Options
    39w yesterday 
    Had a chiropractor appt yesterday through the hospital and my BP was high. Didn't think anything of it. Today had an appt with my ob...still high. Had to have extra blood work, started maternity leave early, have to go in tomorrow for a bunch of tests.....so in all. It did not go as planned! But LO might be here sooner than expected 
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Nausea all day. And some cramping.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    I'd have to say my turtle blankets from my MIL and coworker. Neither knew about the other but got them within the same week. I love them both so much!
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 38w6d
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? I have an appointment tomorrow at 39 weeks. Will have my cervix checked (haven't had it check in 3 weeks), so curious to see if I am dialated at this point.
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Just the same nasty taste in my mouth I have had for the past few weeks.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? Ugh, my stomach has been so tight and contracting with braxton hicks all day long. It feels like it is just contracted the entire day.
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? Nope
    Hmm....tough question. I did just buy a JJ Cole indoor/outdoor mat for $8 (regular $24) that can be used for picnics, beach days, playgrounds or on the living room floor. I love the look and anticipate it being useful since it is water resistant and nothing sticks to it (especially dog fur!). Will be great for tummy time on the floor.

• Options
    3 weeks tomorrow 

no appointments for me, ill go in December 7. Hubter went in last Friday and has gained back his weight plus another 3oz, he goes for his one month check up the 29th.

Hunter likes to eat and is a cluster feeder, he keeps increasing my supply every few days. Hr eats every 2-3 hours, my poor nipples but he is a champ. I actually nursed him while wearing him in my Lillebaby carrier, he hss pretty good head control already so it was quite nice to feed and shop at the same tjme. 

havent had many visitors, kind of annoying as i thought our parents should be helping more.  Ive done too much and had to take him out in the world too much.  To the point where im still having bright red blood now and than.
    6) Rants/raves/concerns?
    the no visitor thing gets me. DH telling me he didnt sleep at night or telling me to taks it easy but not helping clean up. When i confronted him he went off on my for my and DDs clutter. 
    every time DH changes Hunters diaper and theres a mishap.  DH isnt very fast and has bee peed on and our favorite, the explosive poop dH wasnt ready for. 
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 Thanks for sharing your coworkers' experiences! Definitely makes me feel a little better.

I just had my growth scan and baby is measuring at 40+2 (better than the 41 week size estimated at 38 weeks!), and it's mostly in the head. Yeah... the head is 97th percentile. I'm slightly nervous because I'm hoping for an unmedicated birth, but if the worst case scenario is a c-section and a healthy baby, that's still a wonderful outcome. Please come soon, baby.
  • Options
    1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 5 days post-partum
    First pediatric appt Wednesday 11/15. I guess it went well doctor said baby appears to be healthy and to return in 2 weeks.
    I am strictly pumping and feeding. I never tried breastfeeding as baby was introduced to bottle while in NICU and felt it would be hard to get her to latch on now. I also supplement my breast milk enfamil.  Baby prefers my breast milk First, then the newborn enfamil ready to go bottles second. She doesnt seem to like the enfamil powder formula at all. I think it irritates her stomach 
    see above...baby prefers ready to go bottles over powder formula
    We have on my had a few visitors sincr being home and most are scared to touch her. She is usually sleep when most visitors come.
    6) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    Baby only 5 days old and already drinking 3 oz of formula every 3 hours..seems like a little much 
    I have been having a little shortness of breath..plan to keep a eye on it. I've read csection delivery can lead to blood and lung clots.

Our skin to skin time after her bath on Monday. That's the first time I really got to bond with my baby.  We didn't get to do skin to skin after our csection as she was rushed off to NICU due to meconium aspiration 

• Options
    1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 3 weeks 4 days. 
    First pediatric appt Was last Monday. Went well. Next appt is 12/1. We also have a hip ultrasound scheduled for 11/27 because he was breech.
    He is BFing every 2 hours although last night into this morning, it's more like every hour to hour and a half. He's also been very fussy and not wanting to be anywhere but with me, which is sweet but my house is mess and I neee to eat once in awhile. 

We haveNot had many visitors which is ok by me. I still play the preemie card around others because I don't want people to touch him.
    6) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    just that he is very fussy the last day or so and we didn't sleep much last night. Both kids were up between midnight and 3 multiple times. I came backto my bedroom to see that DH had covered his head with his pillow and I kind of wanted to suffocate him at that point. 

lasr night we have him a bath and let DD help. It was a whole family experience and baby really seemed to enjoy it too!

• Options
    38+ 4
    I’m sitting in the lobby of my OBs office right now. She’ll just check the heartbeat and measure my tummy. 
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    a lot of pressure on my hips/pelvis, just basically uncomfortable 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Concerns about visitors at the hospital. My husband and I agree on what we want and my mom wants her own way. 
    i wanted to make it through this week at work at least. Success! 
    i haven’t bought many new things but I got matching Christmas pajamas to my daughter which are adorable. We’re buying a dock a tot tonight
  • Options
    For those new Mama's who have already had their baby(ies):

3 weeks

No new appt till Jan. That's our 2 month

Nursing is gong well.  Was a bit bumpy when we first got home,  but now she latches without a problem.  Going to start pumping soon,  and work to introduce a bottle. Makes me nervous. 

First couple of weeks, we had friends come by.  They didn't come to the hospital,  thankfully.  Now it has tapered off a bit,  which is good.  We are working on feeding and making sure mom naps.   

6) Rants/raves/concerns?

Time is going so fast. Just want to drink in every moment.  

We had to start her on reflux medicating.  Which is common,  I think.  It's finally starting to work.  This babe was in some crazy pain or discomfort.  

8) GTKY - Favorite moment since welcoming your LO(s) into the world

Definitely the skin to skin 
  • Options
    Well, hopefully today was last day of work! We have a week long break next week and I plan to go back to work on the 27th if she hasn't arrived, but I am really hoping she comes before then. 

It was kind of sad in a way to set my office up for potentially not returning. I am looking forward to resting prior to her arrival, but definitely a bit anxious about not returning to work overall.
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 Today was my last day of work, too. I understand how you feel about preparing everything to leave. My long-term substitute came in to see my classroom, and then it really hit me that I was going to be leaving my class with someone else for a while. I know that she'll do a good job with the kids, but I'm still nervous about it. I was sad to tell my kids bye at dismissal.

Hoping that everything goes smoothly for you!
  • Options
    9 days postpartum. 
    Yes, I had a BP check at my OB. My BP is still a bit elevated so I have to go back next week to have it checked again. Mayev had a weight check last Monday, Thursday and again today. She’s slowing gaining weight. Hopefully she gained enough at today’s appt that we won’t have to go back again. 
    Feedings are now going well. She takes forever to nurse though. In the hospital her sugars were very very low so we had to supplement with formula. I would pump, feed her the colostrum through a syringe, then feed her formula. Haven’t had to give her formula in almost a week. 
    Ugh .. my MIL came down to help us with our 2 yr old. She stayed a week. She lives 4.5 hours away. It was a great help to us, but I was sick of having to go behind closed doors to nurse. She left Thursday evening to head back home just in time for my FIL to arrive on Thursday evening from Las Vegas. He is staying until next Friday. I have never minded any visitors in the past, but having overnight guests is a totally different story. I love the help they provide but I just want my house back. 
    6) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Nothing 
    When did you start pumping to build up a supply for when you go back to work? I’m not sure if I should wait a little longer or start now. 
    I have a lot of favorite moments but if I had to choose one I’d have to say yesterday when we went to the mall and I carried her in my Mobi wrap. It gave me the chance to snuggle with her for a few hours. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    8 days postpartum 
    Lynley had her first checkup. She has a slight tongue tie and will see ENT on Monday and has a weight check on Tuesday. Otherwise, she looked good.
    The tongue tie is causing her latch to be a little shallow so it’s wreaking havoc on my nips lol. She also hasn’t pooped in 5 days. I’ve spoken to her pedi, a lactation nurse, and a tele-nurse but none of the strategies have worked so far. She is having plenty of wet diapers so we will keep trying until pedi tells us something different.
    She had one formula bottle in hospital because her sugar was low, but nothing since then. 
    My DH has a weird aunt and it took everything in my power not to cringe the entire time she was holding her. Other than that, visitors have been ok. 
    6) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Just the whole no bowel movement thing. Also my almost 3 year has been a little crazy, but nothing unexpected. 

Probably when she was first born and they brought my almost three year old to see us and she instantly wanted to hold her and gently stroked her head. It was the cutest thing. 
  • Options
    This a bit random for this thread, but we don't have a weekly randoms open at the moment. Figured I would share:

Amazon registry lets your use your 15% completion discount twice! So, if you forgot a few things, you can go back, add the items to the registry and finish making purchases. 

DH dragged his feet on figuring out a baby monitor and I got impatient, so I purchased the remaining items. Well, I just saw I can use the completion discount twice and will be waiting until cyber monday to see if it goes on sale, but plan to use the 15% off regardless. It makes me happy to know I can still save some money on it.
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 @hillaryo14 Friday was my last day at school too. I miss the kids already!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility