January 2018 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Options
    Meetings from 10:00-11:00, 11:40-12:35, 1:00-2:00, and 2:00-3:00. 

WHY?
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ugh - so sorry you have to deal with that, @BrandedCowgirl92
  • Options
    @BrandedCowgirl92 I totally agree with @cyanope. Your in-laws stress me out too. YH really needs to put his foot down, because it is beyond ridiculous how much his parents expect to see their adult son. I live 15 mins away from my mom, and I visit her once every few weeks. We've gone a whole month without seeing each other. My mom gets that I'm busy and an adult so she doesn't complain at all.     

• Options
    So DH and I traded cars today because my emissions are due and his office is close to the inspection place. I just got back to my desk and saw 5 missed calls, so I called him back. "Hey, how long have your tires been flat?" Um, I have no idea. "Yeah one of your back tires is totally flat and the other one's almost flat and it looks like you've been driving on them." Well yes, since I didn't know it was a problem, I have been driving my car. You really think I'd intentionally be driving around on a flat tire and not mention it? If he wants to be The Car Guy then I'm gonna need him to be a little more on top of shit. Oh and the five calls were because he wanted to know where the tool kit was, which was apparently under the driver's seat but I could not have told him that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    @BrandedCowgirl92 I agree with the others that DH needs to set boundaries and follow through. He needs to stop reinforcing their inappropriate behavior by going over there when they do this. Then when they engage in appropriate behavior such as calmly accepting that he can't come over there then he should go over there periodically to reinforce appropriately responding and thank them for being so understanding of his schedule and responsibilities to his family. Until he stops they are going to continue and it will likely get worse when you live closer and LO is here. When he stops they are likely going to escalate and try anything to get him to come over and he just can't give in or it will get worse. Good luck but if he doesn't change how he responds then they aren't going to change. I just feel bad for you because you can't control how he responds to them and it puts a strain on your relationship. Hugs.
  • Options
    @BrandedCowgirl92 I will just say from experience because my mom loves a good guilt trip.  You have to decide to not let them bother you. Or in this case your husband needs to stop letting them dictate his life.  My mom still throws out guilt trips like that but I still stick to whatever my plans were (within reason, but clearly yall don't have time to visit them this week) unless it is something actually worthy of a guilt trip.  It sucks and it took time to get over feeling bad about her guilt trips but it's totally worth it!  Adopt a IDGAF attitude and it works mostly...
  • Options
    Work as always. 
  • Options
    @BrandedCowgirl92 congratulations on the house!! That's so exciting! 

I'm sorry you're dealing with that IL situation though. They make me so angry for you!
  • Options
    I'm an HR manager and I had an employee come into the office today so that his manager and I could have the conversation to demote him down a level due to performance issues. He was totally ok with it, and completely understood. Well we have a warehouse next door with offices upstairs where our project managers sit... not even 30 minutes after our conversation with the employee, someone comes running in my office saying that he fell down the stairs going into the kitchen in the other building and the ambulance was on the way. Anyways, he's been released from the hospital now and is completely fine with just a couple strains/sprains. Just seems like perfect timing to me.... ugh
  • Options
    Add my DH to the list. He's currently feeding DS dinner. But instead of sitting with him, he put food on his tray and brought his own food to the living room and sat in front of the tv. DS was screaming and DH was too busy watching tv to notice/care. It's not that difficult to go sit at the table with him!! I shouldn't have to tell him to address his screaming child's needs. Ugh. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our roommate's cat. She's not a bad cat, just a crabby old lady cat and lately she's taken to peeing on our bathmat. Not my roommate's bathmat. Not in the TWO CLEAN LITTER BOXES. We're assuming she doesn't like the texture of her litter (it doesn't clump anymore, which I guess can happen with older cats) and prefers our bathmat.

Now I've gotta train myself and my kid and husband to close to bathroom door as habitually as we close the bedroom doors. 

(Note, my beef isn't with the roommate. She does everything she can. It's just the cat, lol.)