July 2018 Moms
Options

Eating

Hi guys I also want to find out... I am eating super healthy in my pregnancy... Is this a problem as a lot of people have told me that my body would also require junk food but I disagree? 

Re: Eating

• Options
    Your body never "requires" junk food lol I mean, you may crave it, but that doesn't mean you NEED it. I ate horribly with my first son. I was morbidly obese and had an awful diet. I have lost 107 pounds since he was 3 months old and eat an almost entirely plant-based diet now. So far I haven't had any cravings for anything but avocado and I am hoping it stays that way. I am certainly not going to deprive myself if I have the occasional junk food craving, but I am also determined to not "undo" all the hard work I've put in. Keep eating healthy, Momma! I am right there with you!  <3

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
     :D 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    sigh... this would go great in the questions or randoms thread instead of its own thread. also yeah no ones body "requires" junk food....
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @Katina please also read the thread on top
    labeled "Read First". also please introduce yourself in the introductions thread. 

• Options
    I totally require junk food. All the junk.

But seriously, eat healthy, and check with your pedi, but for me, my RE and pedi does not recommend adding calories until 2nd trimester, and even then it should just be 300 healthy calories. I am a normal height and weight, not considered overweight or underweight. I think that is pretty standard.
  • Options
    amylu914 said:
    Totally using this "requirement" bullsh*t if my husband ever questions my McDonald's hot fudge sundae requests. 
    Omg now I NEED a hot fudge sundae. But from Carvel, not McDonald's. Actually, they're across the street from each other, so Carvel hot fudge sundae and McDonald's fries might be my dinner tonight....
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I can't with that gif!! LOL!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 that gif is EVERYTHING.
  • Options

• Options

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Curious: Can you tell me what you define as "healthy" and what you define as "junk"? That might be where the confusion lies. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    @stassischroeder you are 100% correct!  also Vanderpump is one of my favorite shows !