1st Trimester

Early weeks

Hi ladies

I'd just like to know. According to my last menstrual cycle I should be 7 weeks pregnant. Is it too early to book a Dr appointment?

Kind regards 
Katina 

Re: Early weeks

• Katina said:
    Hi ladies

I'd just like to know. According to my last menstrual cycle I should be 7 weeks pregnant. Is it too early to book a Dr appointment?

Kind regards 
    Katina 
    Call your doctor and find out. Doctors have different policies and depending on your medical history they may want to see you earlier.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I called my doctor right after I got my BFP at 4 weeks even though I knew she wouldn't see me until 8 weeks. I just wanted to get the appointment booked. It doesn't hurt to call and see what your doctor says!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would buy a home pregnancy test first and see if you actually are pregnant. Why would you want to possibly waste money and a doctor's time if you're not actually pregnant?

I tested one month with a late period, which is very unusual for me. I wasn't pregnant, and I would have been annoyed with myself if I'd had an appointment only to discover I wasn't pregnant. If I had been pregnant at the time I tested, I would have been about six weeks pregnant due to having longer cycles than normal. 

If you test and are actually pregnant, then no, it's not too early to book an appointment.