Image result for rage gif

Me: 34 DH: 38
Married: June 2011
TTC since Feb 2016
BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

Re: Monday B-Fest - 11/13

• This weekend my mother announced she wouldn’t be moving her Christmas party even though it falls on my daughter’s birthday (“it’s always the Sunday before Christmas blah blah blah). My poor kid has to spend her birthday at a party that’s not for her and that we have to spend 3 hours in the car (round trip) to attend. She gets carsick. Maybe it’s the hormones but this was too much and I lost it.

Crying because she is stuck with a crap birthday that will always be over shadowed by Christmas no matter what I do. Crying because H doesn’t come to these parties thanks to PTSD and resulting social anxiety but now he will have to if he wants to spend her birthday with her. Crying because they each have one birthday left before the baby (that neither of them want) gets here and the first one is already second fiddle to something else. 

It’s nice to be close to home sometimes but I admit living 3000 miles away did have its advantages. 
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • Loading the player...
  • @Mass-girl-at-heart, that sounds selfish of your mom. I mean, it's her granddaughters birthday, geez. Any option to have your daughters birthday party instead of going to the Christmas party? Assuming she's the age where friends are invited.
  • @enigmaticjj I thought about it but we usually do family parties since she’s only turning 6. I may invite the in laws over for cake the day before, she will see my family at the party.  It goes against my no Christmas on her birthday rule though and that is so important to me.

I know I have the right to be upset but I also know I’m overreacting a bit. We are big birthday people. 
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • @kiki75 not that it’s their choice but both of my daughters have been perfectly clear about not wanting to add to our family. Neither of them want a new baby and like our family of 4. We are doing what we can to get them excited but at 5 & 7 they won’t budge.  Luckily for us we don’t need their permission  :)

With the PTSD, my family knows all about it and are totally understanding when he stays home. But my mother didn’t consider that he would have to chose himself or his daughter’s birthday when she planned her party. I won’t change her mind. This is just how it is, I am just so angry- if it was my brother’s kid there would be no question...
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • @Mass-girl-at-heartI am so sorry you are being put through this. I think your mother is being completely inconsiderate.  I completely your understand you not wanting to have Christmas on her birthday. My birthday is December 23 so I can relate to birthdays being overshadowed by Christmas. My parents always did a fantastic job about celebrating my birthday separate from Christmas so major props to you because I’m sure that can be difficult to juggle. Try to keep your head up and know you are doing a great job!
  • @syssa-o good for you. I’m sorry that they are making this stressful for you, that’s the exact opposite of what a shower is meant to do!
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • @heatherdubrow the thought crossed my mind but the problem is that the girls really like the damn party. We will go, they will have fun and I will just have a chip on my shoulder and put my foot down that this will never happen again. 
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • @muggle621 I have crazy frizzy sometimes curly hair all summer, I’ve done well with co-washes that work with my curls. Madam CJ Walker Defining Butter Creme is my favorite especially when paired with the Jamaican Black Castor Oil. 

My hair hardly falls falls out while pregnant & it’s obnoxiously I feel ya. 
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • My bitch of the day is maternity clothes. There are no good maternity stores near where I live. I need two formal dresses. One occasion I will be 24 weeks and I will be 30 weeks at the other, so not sure how huge I’ll be. I don’t want to spend a lot on mat dresses that will only be worn once each. I ordered a few empire waisted regular dresses two sizes up and hope that they are delivered on time and will fit, but chances are they won’t be here in time for the first event. 

(I am lucky with my non-pregnant body type in that I can get dresses for these occasions for less than $30 each, so spending at least double on something that definitely won’t be worn again seems ridiculous to me, especially since i SAH now so I lost that disposable income).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My MBF is the postal service.  Yo.  I need new bras.  My boobs are falling out of my current ones.  When I track my packages I see my poor bras have been in my town for two days now and wont be delivered until tomorrow.  GET IT TOGETHER USPS.
  • @antoto do you live in the US? They’re probably still on a long weekend from Veterans Day. 

Where do you order your bras from? I typically just go to the store for mine but having a reliable place to order online would nice. 
  • @mass-girl-at-heart just my 2 cents about birthdays around Christmas:

DD's birthday is December 28th and she'll be 6 this year so the same age as your DD.  I am a big believer of birthdays being that person's special day and not having to share them with another holiday, which is why I was really happy I got to pick her birthday (scheduled induction) because DH's and a couple other family members have birthdays in Dec and I didn't want her to have the same day as them or as Christmas.  Now with that being said we haven't always had DD's birthday party on her actual birthday because if her birthday is during the week I will most likely be at work so she'll get a happy birthday and a special meal of her choosing but her party is where we have everyone over, cake, gifts, etc.  Last year her party was actually on Jan 7th of this year because weekends are the best time for our family to have the party and the weekend before was Christmas and the weekend after was New Year's.  I understand what your mom is doing sucks (if my mom ever did that I'd probably boycott the party myself) but maybe if you explain it to your DD that she actually gets 2 birthday celebrations, her special one with the 4 of you on her actual birthday and then her party that could help ease things a bit.  My DD personally doesn't care but I can totally understand where you're coming from as a mom.

@k318 have you tried Target?  I don't know if there's one in your area but I got 2 nice maternity dresses that I wore to church for Christmas one pregnancy and Easter the other.  Not sure how formal you need for your occasions but it worked for me.

• @ShawnnaO Good call on the long weekend probably messing things up.  Didn't even think of that.  I got them from Motherhood Maternity.  I have zero time to drive out to the mall so I figured ordering online wouldn't take too long... *sigh*

• kiki75kiki75 member
    edited November 2017
    @Mass-girl-at-heart Okay, that makes more sense. I thought you were talking about one daughter and YH. Glad he wants the baby. :D 

@k318 Are these two events going to have the same people at them? If not, I'd just get one dress to cover both events. You can try a site like ThredUp. I'd also keep scanning places like Motherhood and Pea in the Pod and Zulily for sales. As for planning your size, as long as it's made out of stretchy fabric, it should grow with you. Especially if it's empire waist. The only think to be careful about/plan for if it's short is if it's going to be long enough in the front or if as your belly grows, it's going to pull the hem up too far. In that case, just plan to wear it with legit opaque tights or leggings so you aren't spending all of your time holding the hem down. I have two black maternity dresses that will likely be good for the duration. And they're both of a style that I could dress down with sneakers and a jean jacket or put on dressy shoes and jewelry.

AFM, OnTrac delivered a package to me over the weekend that doesn't belong here. I tried to call them this morning and was on hold for over 30 minutes. Finally I got in touch with Amazon because the item had been ordered through them. After I finally got the chat rep convinced that I wasn't looking for something I ordered but rather had something I didn't order (which was surprisingly hard), she asked if I could just drop it off at the UPS store. Whut? No. I'm not going to take another 20 minutes running to the UPS store to fix someone else's mistake. She also asked if I didn't just know the person. Huh? No! If I did, I would have already told her to come get her stuff! Sure, yeah, I know everyone in this town. Finally, she told me to just keep it and they'd send new. Which would have been baller if it were something cool. Nope. It's lingerie. And not the nice stuff. But hell yes I'm keeping it. ;)  

edit: typo

TTC since Feb 2016
  • antoto said:
    @Mass-girl-at-heart I would just not go to the Christmas party.  You tried to make it work with your mom but no dice.  Do something fun at home with her and your H.

@syssa-o That's a little wild that two of your friends invited you to showers before clearing either shower with you.  I would suggest though that they are crazy because of the people they are and not because they are women.  Virtually all of my friends are women and I haven't had anything remotely dramatic or crazy like that happen to me.  I'm glad you gave them a good talking to.  If it were me I would just decline any shower at all.  Sounds like way more trouble than it's worth. Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Yep.
  • @LaurenAnn0405 we may just forgo parties this year (DD1 is early February) and take them to great wolf lodge in January.  But I’m putting my foot down in December 2023 when her birthday falls on the Sunday before Christmas again  :D
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • And, if TB could stop with the autoplay video with the pig's head on a platter, that'd be great. Just regular BBQ still makes me want to barf. A freaking head on a platter gets me every time. Maybe not the best idea for a website with a whole ton of pregnant ladies.

TTC since Feb 2016
  • @Mass-girl-at-heart Holiday Birthdays are so hard. I think it's pretty selfish of your mom to do this as I'm sure she's aware of your efforts to make it special for your daughter and NOT mix the two. Good luck. Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure your daughter will appreciate. Maybe your gift can be tickets to something AFTER the holidays so she has something to look forward to?

@k318 I'm going to an awards show at 6 months prego. I bought a pretty affordable dress on Lulu's in an XL and took in the sleeves so it fits pretty nicely! ASOS is good too.

• kiki75 said:
    And, if TB could stop with the autoplay video with the pig's head on a platter, that'd be great. Just regular BBQ still makes me want to barf. A freaking head on a platter gets me every time. Maybe not the best idea for a website with a whole ton of pregnant ladies.
    I hate BBQ right now too!!! And yes, the pigs head is too much. I tailgated Saturday and we played Arkansas so there were pig heads everywhere for the cochon d'laits. BARF. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @sarabeth5678 ah, that is tough, and hard to comment on without sounding culturally insensitive. I feel like your feelings should always come first when it comes to child rearing, but I too hate confrontation and wouldn't want to cause conflict. Could your husband barter a compromise? Like your MIL acting as a night nurse for a week at your home or something? That's a tricky conundrum though either way. I hope it somehow works out to help you and your LO.

@syssa-o that's ridiculous and sitcom-worthy. You're a patient friend. 
  • @sarabeth5678  dealing with in-laws with very different cultural norms is difficult, especially with a newborn. I would just decline and say you have your own customs you are following. 

Thanks everyone for the dress advice! There is a pea in the pod about an hour away- if my order doesn’t arrive soon I’ll check out their sales rack. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • *TMI Warning* just in case. 
    I’m mostly annoyed that my under boobs won’t stop sweating. I’ve tried everything to get them to stop but they’re so big that my bras can’t even keep them up anymore. And we have no extra money to buy yet another new bra for me. Ugh. Now under my left boob is super itchy and I actually broke the skin by scratching it.