May 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms Week of 11/13

Re: Randoms Week of 11/13

• Options
    The Walking Dead made me sad last night.  I'm still mad about it.

• Options
    The Walking Dead made me sad last night.  I'm still mad about it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond I don't watch, but DH recently "broke up" with TWD.  He said they were trying too much to be like Game of Thrones with having no character be "safe."  
  • Options
    I really liked the Grey's Anatomy 300th episode.  Anyone who has been a long-time viewer will like the callbacks.
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 YES!  Tacos el gordo is the best thing ever.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    I really liked the Grey's Anatomy 300th episode.  Anyone who has been a long-time viewer will like the callbacks.
    I had mixed feelings about it.  I thought the callbacks were kinda fun, but also the episode was kinda boring!
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles I liked it but I felt like they keep dropping the ball on what could be great episodes. It felt underdeveloped and dull. I did like the whole idea of it though. 
  • Options
    Someone help.
    Which one is Salt and which one is Pepa. This is very important. It's part of the only productive thing I've done all day.

• Options
    Someone help.
    Which one is Salt and which one is Pepa. This is very important. It's part of the only productive thing I've done all day.

DH said Pepa is on the left. (I have no idea but I also don’t trust him)
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 that guac looks amazing!
  • Options
    @bwow615 It really was. Everything about those tacos was amazing.
  • Options
    Holy crap I want tacos. But I want THOSE tacos. 
  • Options
    My birthday is Thursday. Everyone feel free to send me birthday cheer until further notice. 
    Happy birthday!

Has a birthday near Thanksgiving ever been an issue or is it awesome?
  • Options
    The bump app fleaked out on me wouldn't let me post for days. It just came back!!!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @thedawkterswife
  • Options
    @nanifrog before teaching, I nannyed a lot. One of my families was excited to see me playing with boy boys at the same time. Kiddo 1 was 3.5 and kiddo 2 was 1.5 I said what else am I supposed to do. Apparently the one they had for a few weeks before me, would put the baby gate up and make the 3.5 year old play alone in a different room and she'd play with the baby. I never realized how terrible sitters could be. I was on care.com for 2 of the families I worked for, the other two I found on our colleges help wanted page. 
  • Options
    jhysmath said:
    @nanifrog before teaching, I nannyed a lot. One of my families was excited to see me playing with boy boys at the same time. Kiddo 1 was 3.5 and kiddo 2 was 1.5 I said what else am I supposed to do. Apparently the one they had for a few weeks before me, would put the baby gate up and make the 3.5 year old play alone in a different room and she'd play with the baby. I never realized how terrible sitters could be. I was on care.com for 2 of the families I worked for, the other two I found on our colleges help wanted page. 
    That's crazy. On this case, it doesn't seem like she's playing with either kid. The kids really don't like her, so I get that she's not happy but wants the paycheck. I've had bad luck with care.com. I've heard people rave about it, but it hasn't been great for me. Hoping the ads at local colleges will work.

The trickiest part is that we know it's only until May. We're going to hire someone full time for next year.
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 have a safe flight home!
  • Options
    @thedawkterswife happy birthday! 
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles that's actually the point of the walking dead. No one is safe! :D your hubby should read the comics. I love them!

@nanifrog OMG that sounds like neglect! Not cool. What is the sitter doing the whole time DD1 is running around getting into stuff? 
  • Options
    Kendrajos said:
    @mileswithmyles that's actually the point of the walking dead. No one is safe! :D your hubby should read the comics. I love them!

@nanifrog OMG that sounds like neglect! Not cool. What is the sitter doing the whole time DD1 is running around getting into stuff? 
    I’m not going to get into the comics until the show is finished. That way I can enjoy both without feeling like the show ruined the comics.
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I think you would enjoy them now! It's more like a parallel. I actually like the comics better. A lot of the locations are the same but characters aren't or their plot lines are different. For example, I hated Andrea in the show, she was way different in the comics and I liked her a lot more. Eugene is also better in the comics. I am impatient so i had started reading them during the 6months between seasons. 
  • Options
    @kendrajos, she cleans and does laundry. That part is awesome.
  • Options
    @nanifrog Thank you! 

@cups4 My husband can never take off for anything. It sucks to always have to do things yourself. Sorry you're feeling upset about it. 

@bwow615 Thanks! 
  • Options
     My toddler ate a bunch of children’s Benadryl tablets. At least I think he ate them? I found empty cases, but I have a terrible habit of tossing those back in the medicine bin instead of the garbage. Anyway, I called poison control and they seemed totally unconcerned, so I guess he’ll be ok? I was upstairs for 5 minutes. Time to lock up the medicine cabinet!
  • Options
    @gildah I'm surprised Poison Control didn't seem concerned.  How many do you think he ate?  Benadryl overdose can be really dangerous for kids! 
    @thunderberry I'm so sorry you won't have YH at your ultrasound.  Is there someone else close to you that could go with you instead?  I know it's not the same way, but at least you won't be alone.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @gildah I'm surprised Poison Control didn't seem concerned.  How many do you think he ate?  Benadryl overdose can be really dangerous for kids! 
    @thunderberry I'm so sorry you won't have YH at your ultrasound.  Is there someone else close to you that could go with you instead?  I know it's not the same way, but at least you won't be alone.  
    THey said the upper limit is 8 children’s tablets and he had 7. Although, I gave him an unopened one to see if he couldn’t open it and he couldn’t, so I think he didn’t actually get any...they’re just empty and in there because I’m such a idiot! Ugh!!!! 
    Poison control did take my info so they couldn’t call back and check up on him. They said to watch for serious disorientation. He ate them an hour ago now and still hasn’t fallen asleep and he seems pretty normal so who knows?