May 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread Week of 11/13

How is everyone feeling?

Re: Symptoms Thread Week of 11/13

• Options
    I had a girls' day Saturday and while we were shopping, I kept having some cramps that would start and stop sporadically. When I got home, I googled it, and sure enough it was probably Braxton Hicks! I thought 15 weeks was too soon for those, but apparently in subsequent pregnancies, it's possible to feel them early on! I never had any with DD, so the feeling took me by surprise. Has anyone else had early BH's?
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @zizzabell523 I haven't.  I don't even know what they feel like because I never had them with DS, which is so weird!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a girls' day Saturday and while we were shopping, I kept having some cramps that would start and stop sporadically. When I got home, I googled it, and sure enough it was probably Braxton Hicks! I thought 15 weeks was too soon for those, but apparently in subsequent pregnancies, it's possible to feel them early on! I never had any with DD, so the feeling took me by surprise. Has anyone else had early BH's?
    Not this early but I started getting them around Christmas last year.
  • Options
    I keep getting a sharp pain in my skin right under my rib cage on either side when we’re walking a lot. It’s just my skin, and rubbing it does nothing. I’ll be going back to my car tonight and it’s impossible to walk where we live so I don’t think I’ll be dealing with that too much longer...
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles They felt a lot like period cramps. Instead of lasting all day long, they were more like contractions, lasting about a minute with several minutes in between. I could still shop fine, but it was uncomfortable and my uterus felt really tight (as best that I could tell through my extra fluff). If I hadn't had a 3 year old to chase around the store, I would have gotten my app out to time them for curiosity's sake lol.
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am sooo damn thirsty all the time.  No amount of water helps.  I'm drinking about 90oz a day but I'm never not thirsty and I end up having to pee at least once a night.
  • Options
    Dry. Alligator. Skin.
    Like, I bought new, intense lotion to try and help. The middle of my back, my nose, my chest- it's' ridiculous. I know it's winter-y time and all, but come on!!
    At the risk of sounding super hippie-ish have you tried coconut or olive oil?
  • Options
    Shower lotion sounds like a great option!!
    We have aquafor for the kids too, so I can try that.
    Unfortunately, I hate the feeling of oils so I'd rather not do those unless I'm out of options.
    Thanks for the advice ladies!!
  • Options
    theletlerstheletlers member
    edited November 2017
    @suchaglencoco you could try using some Vitamin E and then vaseline on top to trap it in at night. It might help afterwards to wear gloves even for like twenty minutes. I have winter eczema on my hands and arms and do that when it's really bad. 
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco so dry here too! I want to claw my skin off. 

@zizzabell523 I've had cramps come back recently but they last longer than a couple minutes I think... I didn't think Braxton hicks. I'm not sure mine are but I'm not sure why I'd still be cramping.
  • Options
    I’m on the upward slope of this horrible sickness finally. But all the meds I’ve been taking (Imodium and Zofran) have me gassy af. Like stomach gurgling. I’ll take it over the hell I went through this week. 

• Options
    Shower lotion sounds like a great option!!
    We have aquafor for the kids too, so I can try that.
    Unfortunately, I hate the feeling of oils so I'd rather not do those unless I'm out of options.
    Thanks for the advice ladies!!
    Aquaphor can be greasy, so I just used it right before bed.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    I am sooo damn thirsty all the time.  No amount of water helps.  I'm drinking about 90oz a day but I'm never not thirsty and I end up having to pee at least once a night.
    i am not over the urge to pee yet either, i read it should subside a bit in the second trimester.  I'm not there quite yet.  But I am also waking up to pee at least once a night, and I am definitely not drinking 90oz of water a day. 
  • Options
    I reached a new low today: While vomiting, I peed myself a little bit.   :(
    Girl I do that every time...I also pee when I sneeze about half the time... My recent cold has been horrible as I pee myself at least once a day.

I'm so excited for when I have the baby and the tiny amount of bladder control is gone. DH has joked about getting me depends for Christmas.
  • Options
    @zizzabell523 I never had BH with my first so I don't know what they feel like. Haven't had any contraction like cramps myself though (12 w 6 d). 

@suchaglencoco I've had some part so of my face be so dry and others are breaking out like crazy. I've only been using face wash on the breakouts and my dry skin is getting better. 

AFM I'm currently treating the second yeast infection of this pregnancy. Any tips on preventative measures? 
  • Options
    @abhphilly but then you have to clean out the trash can. Blech!
  • Options
    @zizzabell523 I never had BH with my first so I don't know what they feel like. Haven't had any contraction like cramps myself though (12 w 6 d). 

@suchaglencoco I've had some part so of my face be so dry and others are breaking out like crazy. I've only been using face wash on the breakouts and my dry skin is getting better. 

AFM I'm currently treating the second yeast infection of this pregnancy. Any tips on preventative measures? 
    Probiotics and limited sugar consumption. I used to get them bimonthly...
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles Keep it lined with a plastic bag  ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @theletlers, I think women who claim to live pregnancy are full of it. I'm thankful to be and to have a kid, but ask the rest of it sucks.

@mileswithmyles, I was wearing a pad the past few weeks because I was leaning when sneezing and coughing. Is there dime kind if restorative surgery to prevent incontinence?

@oywiththepoodlesalready if you Google Candida albicans, you'll find a bunch of things. Cut out all sugar, including fruit. Also don't eat mushrooms or yeast in bread. Aged garlic extract helps a lot and it's safe when pregnant. I suffered from yeast for years. I cut out lots of things And I was a different person. It's hard AF though.
  • Options
    @MrT723 Sorry for your worrying news.  FX for you that your ultrasound turns out okay.  

Even not pregnant, I usually get up at least once a night to pee, and it's been at least 2 or 3 times in the past few weeks.  +1 for not enjoying pregnancy.  I'm finally at the stage where I can *almost* forget I'm pregnant, because I'm not constantly nauseated anymore, but I also am not feeling baby move and just look fat, but no belly to speak of. Headaches are terrible.  
    Also not pregnant (especially after my girls, but even before) I will pee when sneezing, coughing or puking.  @nanifrog There are surgeries and other methods to help, but most doctors will only do them as a last resort and will just tell you to do Kegels.  
    @theletlers I've been taking Zantac for heartburn, and it really helps.  Check with your OB to make sure they recommend it, but I've been told by both my old OB and my current midwives group that it's okay, even in the first trimester.  
    @Poppy0419 So glad you're feeling better!!!!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    12 weeks and starving pain if I don’t eat every 2 hours. I will wake up at night needing a snack. Don’t remember this starting so early with the last... 

I’m glad many of you are starting to feel better in the 2nd tri! 
  • Options
     @oywiththepoodlesalready you poor thing living on bread and oranges!  That’s definitely a very happy diet for bacteria, but what are you going to do right?  Morning Sickness wins again! 

Definitely when you’re feeling better you might want to check out the cándida diet.  It’s an elimination diet to eliminate excessive yeast.  Even if there’s no way you’re up for doing a full cleanse while preggo (I wouldn’t be) it could be nice to know which foods are recommended/not recommended.  

Definitely a probiotic supplement (or eating plenty of plain yogurt) would be worth your time too.  

• Options
    The acne is getting better! Thank the Lord. I hate wearing makeup but I couldn't teach when I looked zittier than my middle schoolers. Can finally shelf that foundation in the palest degree they make it!

I'm sure the dry skin that's starting will irritate me more than the acne but for now I"m thankful for the little things. 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    ACNE! I'm a teenager again. I'm more hormonal too. I still don't quite have an appetite, but I do crave certain foods now and then. I'm 11w 5d.
  • Options
    callthemwcallthemw member
    edited November 2017
    @zizzabell523
    Everyone's uterus is always contracting even when not pregnant. So it's absolutely possible to feel them at any point. Personally, I've been feeling BH (not cramps) since 9 weeks on occasion. Cramping is different from BH, too. Be sure you know what you're feeling and let your provider know if you're cramping.
  • Options
    My saliva and mucous production have been in hyperdrive! Anyone else?? It's so much, it makes me gag and vomit. Ugh...