Pregnant after IF
Options

3rd tri check in Week Nov 13th

This is a weekly check in for the mamas  who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us please post a: 
•Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
•How many babies you are pregnant with
•If you know the gender(s)
•How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri
•Any upcoming or recent appointments you may have had

Feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive! 

QOTW: What is your "favorite" pregnancy related comment that you've gotten in the 3rd tri?

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@sasha29-2  EDD 11/18 with a little boy
@Jeansis EDD 11/30 with a little boy
@liljoy-2 EDD 11/30 with a little girl
@PoeMasque EDD 12/8 with a little boy
@clovelyone EDD 12/16 with boy/girl twins
@stella_700 EDD ?? with boy/girl twins
@wabash15 EDD 12/25 Team Green
*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: 3rd tri check in Week Nov 13th

• Options
    36 + 3 today, had my first weekly OB visit and cervical check (yikes!!!!), found out I am not effaced or dilated at all, so looks like baby is sitting tight and the contractions I’ve had haven’t been doing anything after all (boo!).

small (long) rant here: I asked about NSTs today and the MA says “we only do those if there’s a concern or you are over 35”. I looked her dead in the eye and said “I’m well over 35”, she scrambled a bit with my chart and goes,”oh....you are, well you look much younger. I’m sure the OB will do one at some point then”. Obviously it’s great to look younger than your age, but I feel like through this whole process I’ve been treated like a low-risk, “normal” pregnancy, which I’m not. I’m 37 and we did IVF....there’s a reason you do NSTs for AMA women and I’m afraid they’re going to miss something because no one bothers to actually look in my chart. :(

QOTW: my favorite comment often comes from women who have recently had babies: “oh yeah, that last month is awful!” Why did no one warn me until now??? Hahaha
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited November 2017
    @PoeMasque I'm right there with you. Same age, and my obgyn NEVER mentioned NSTs and I'm 37 weeks already. He only wants to see me every other week, I finally said nope, I'm coming in every week. He also didn't want to discuss the birth plan yet, he's very dismissive, but at this week's appointment I'm not leaving until we have everything down. I'll have an ultrasound to see how big the head is and decide on c-sec or vaginal based on this. He didn't check the cervix so far although the baby dropped already. I am petite and the baby is tracking very big so you can imagine I look like a stick with a huge bag attached, people a bit scared when looking at me hahah.

And yes, these last weeks are awful and I have NO idea how women can still go to work in this situation. I can barely breath and move and I am in pain most of the time (pelvic, back pain, bowel movements), still lots of acid reflux, my nausea (I had HG the first 4 months) returned and can't eat much, etc...it's oh so lovely!! :D Baby girl needs to come soon and be healthy so I can get back my body haha.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PoeMasque Omg that's crazy! I have experienced just the opposite. I just turned 35 last month and had a complete change in care after that happened, which I was frustrated about because no one mentioned that would be happening throughout my entire pregnancy. I also don't think people at my office read my chart very carefully. I actually had one midwife breeze into the exam room the first time I met with her and tell me she hadn't had time to read my chart, so could I please give it to her in a nutshell. Ha!! I nearly fell off the table. The main doctor at the office I go to is excellent, which is the reason I am still with the practice but my experiences with other members have been less awesome. I don't feel like they deal with IF patients very much, and I have encountered some insensitivity.

@liljoy-2 I had pelvic pain for about a month and then it started easing up about a week or two ago, so hopefully yours will chill out soon, too! I am still having acid reflux though. Went away for a few days and then came back. :/

I am 37.5 weeks and the biggest thing I am dealing with right now is stress. I am trying to wrap things up at work (I'm going to continue working until I go into labor) and I am also trying to get some last minute things done around the house. I get really panicky sometimes because I feel like I will never be done with everything. I am a bit of a perfectionist and I like to have things done well in advance, so not having everything in place yet is frustrating. Hopefully the little guy comes soon and I can start my maternity leave and just focus on him. :) 

QOTW: When people ask how I am feeling with a certain tone and look that lets me know they are expecting to hear the worst, that annoys me. There are definite discomforts at this stage, but it's nothing compared to what I went through to get pregnant, which I have told a few people to get them to stop looking at me like they feel sorry for me. :) 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @"Jeansis " Ha, the pre-labor stress, I know. I still fret because I "feel" I'm unprepared, though I bought all of what I think are the essentials. Husband didn't want to assemble the bassinet and changing table yet out of "superstition" but it should really be very quick. I've got my hospital luggage done, car seat near the door, and my mom is coming in a week and should be able to help with tidying up the house and cooking. Other than that, my husband and mom need to take the flu and TdaP shots asap. Still, I feel psychologically I might not be ready for labor/surgery, though I know I may never feel ready haha. 

Btw, your banner with Zack Morris phone is hilarious baaaha
  • Options
    @PoeMasque I think when you struggle with IF and have to have so much intervention and monitoring just to get pregnant it is a very hard transition to be treated like any other pregnant lady. If your pregnancy has been fairly unremarkable I don't know that I would stress too much just because your AMA. I too am AMA and my midwife does not have any plans for a NST. She also left it up to me if I want to start weekly visits at 36 weeks or wait till 38. I have opted to wait till 38 weeks because we have not had any issues.  If having the NST puts your mind at ease then go for it.  
    @liljoy-2 pregnancy can be rough.  have you tried a heating pad when your sitting? it can help with your back or if your at a desk having a small box or stool to put your feet up on. Also if you have access to a deep tub or a pool it can help the baby shift some and give you a lot of relief. I worked up to the night before my elective c-section with the twins and plan to work up until this kiddo comes out. I want to save as much time as possible to spend with the kid post birth. Also you never feel ready. I get asked all the time if I am ready for this baby to come and the answer is no. Hang in there.
    @Jeansis I don't think you ever do get it all done. just try your best to get the critical stuff done and the rest will figure itself out.

AFM 34+2 and just chugging along. I am going to need every bit of the next six weeks to get organized. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @wabash15 my point wasn’t really that I didn’t get a NST, I’m a maternal/child nurse, if I felt like I needed one, I would have insisted haha. My point was that it’s obvious my chart and history are not being looked at and my care is not in sync with the clinic’s own policies, which are in place for a reason. I also have three close friends who *TW* lost babies after 37 weeks, two due to their (obvious) symptoms being brushed off, so this part of pregnancy is definitely more anxiety producing for me - especially because my last two urine samples had 1+ Protein (always negative before) and my BP, which is normally 100, was 120 last time. Both subtle changes, but something they should be keeping a close eye on at this stage of pregnancy. Seems hard to trust that I am getting the best care when they don’t even know how old I am. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque I get it. It is important to self advocate and I feel like reading/being familiar with your patients chart before you see them is the bare minimum of preparedness on the part of a practitioner. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx