June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms | w/o 11/13

Re: Weekly Randoms | w/o 11/13

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 omg I didn't even think about the pressing on said full bladder! Of course! Well at least I'll have something kind of exciting to hopefully distract from the urge!

• Options
    For my 20wk anatomy scan with DD my instructions were to drink 30oz of fluid within 2 hrs prior. I felt ready to explode. The tech no more than started to scan me and stopped and told me to go empty half my bladder so she would be able to see! Full bladder plus 5’2 short torso person= no room for baby to do anything!  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @galactickates agreed that no amount of full bladder is comfortable.  As other have said it is required for most early pregnancy abdominal u/s because a full bladder helps "prop up" the uterus so it's easier to get an image of the baby.  An hour ahead of the appointment tends to be too far ahead for my poor little bladder to take, so I tend to drink a bottle of water on my way to the appointment (I have a 20ish minute drive) and continue to drink water while in the waiting room.  That has worked for me in the past, but if you don't have to go to the bathroom after every bottle of water you may want to drink more before your appointment.

Also for dating u/s the vaginal u/s gets a closer look at the embryo/fetus so it's better for sizing.  Abdominal gives a better look at overall uterus.  My doctor actually had me provide a urine sample before my dating u/s this time, so it's not as important.  The NT scan is when they REALLY want you to have a full bladder so they can get a good look at measurements of babe's neck.

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    Anyone else feel like their stomach is connected to if it's dark or light out? I feel like now that it gets dark so early, my stomach is still like IT'S DARK OUT THAT MEANS IT'S DINNER TIME! But no, it's 4:45pm.
  • Options
    Jeez, the imaging center told me to drink 32 oz of water before my ultrasound tomorrow. If you guys were full after 16 oz, my eyeballs will be floating. I already have a notoriously small bladder so we'll see how this works out.

I also agree to skip the pregnancy pillow. I had heard raves about the snoogle (so I'm sure it works for lots of people) and dropped the $60 (?) on it. But it was such a pain. I'm a really fitful sleeper and move around a lot, and it was uncomfortable to flip it over every time I repositioned. When I had to switch from tummy sleeping to side, I just used a second regular pillow between my legs.
  • Options
    bkrahnbkrahn member
    edited November 2017
    I just ate 6 mandarin oranges in a sitting. I have zero regrets!

edit: posted too soon
  • Options
    @sabby2 now I really want Chinese ...

i have the snoogle. I love it and need to find it again this time. I only started using it around 23 weeks last time - I think it is better when you are bigger. A pillow under my knee wasn’t cutting it. 
  • Options
    Starting to realize that I may have a very hard time with my cravings this time around - since we moved across the state since I was last pregnant. 

After not wanting anything to do with food for three days, I finally got a craving. And it is a very specific steak meal I used to enjoy on special date nights out, back home with DH. And now I have no idea where to get anything like it here. And I want to cry. I’m slowly staring to realize that the kind of food I loved back home is probably going to be hard to find in our new home town :( 

Pic of said specific steak dinner craving in spoiler 

• Options
    @BurlapandLace YAAASSSS - my dad used to make that for me and sometimes throw in some brown sugar.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 try calling your dr! if my results are back, yours have to be!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @catlady1215 that’s such great news!! Congratulations :)
  • Options
    @catlady1215 - Yes, girl! I'm so happy for the great news!!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @catlady1215 - congrats on your great results!!! 
  • Options
    has anyone seen @PatientlyWaiting10 recently? I haven't seen her post in awhile, although I know she was starting a new job. I need my MN friend! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @catlady1215 ughhhh I called mondayyyyyyyy and nothing. I’ll call again today, but I asked how their office does it and they won’t tell you anything on the phone, and I want to wait to find out the sex until we’re doing our photo thing next week so I have to get my friend who is a doctor to tell me if the baby has any abnormalities sooner. Sigh. 

Im so excited for you tho!!! 
  • Options
    Update: just called and they don’t have them yet so I don’t know wtf. I swear if this cluster of a practice forgot to send them out for a few days imma be so mad. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 nothing?? not even if you're all clear?? that would atleast help with half the wait.
    I asked the girl 'so you can put that gender in the mail like today, right?' lol. hoping its here by Friday-ish? I wish it wasn't across the city or I'd drive my ass over there to pick it up.
  • Options
    @catlady1215 going to pick it up isn’t even an option she said. I’m two blocks away. I’d totally do that. Portal only she said. Ughhhhhh
  • Options
    So for anyone in the future, you can call mat21 to make sure you’re in the system. She said results typically are back within 5 days of then receiving your blood in the mail. My blood was drawn nov 6, I was in the system nov 8, and they’re still processing it. She called the lab and they said 2-3 more days. So fingers crossed this is nothing to panic about....
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 fingers, toes, arms, legs and everything crossed for you! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about because they probably have more to process in an area like NYC and where more mothers are over 35. I hope you get your results soon so you can be at ease. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke none of the labs are in nyc.... derp lol
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I would try not to stress it.  Mine with DD seriously took awhile.  Mat21 is one of the ones you hear about more so I would assume that means more people use them than other companies, which would in turn mean a slower turnaround time.  FX you get good news soon!
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 So many FX for you <3
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Miz_Liz right but @catlady1215’s draw was 4 days after mine, also with mat21 sooooooooooo lol 

from googling i think i actually need to be more concerned that my doc let me do the test too early. Sigh. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 could totally just be the area in the country she is vs your lab.  Even though it’s not in NYC it’s still probably processing all of the NYC ones.  How far along were you when they did the draw?
  • Options
    @Miz_Liz it’s my understanding they all mostly go to the same lab via mail so not nyc related. I was 10+3, which doc said was perfectly fine but from googling seems more ambiguous. I’m asking my friends roommate who is a genetic counselor at one of the NIPT places questions now lol lol. Should’ve done that first I guess?? 
  • Options
    The baby monitor fell off my window still this morning and hit me in the face. It landed right on my cheekbone and, holy moly, the bruise hurts so much! We just bought our house in August and still haven’t finished setting up our master. Looks like I need to get some end tables asap. 

DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I hope I didn't cause you any stress. please try not to! there could be so many reasons why theres a hold up. I can't see the specific results being a cause.
  • Options
    @catlady1215 yeah, so my friend's roommate said that if they said they had to use the second vial it's probably that they're looking for more fetal DNA, so hopefully they are able to get there with the second vial. I'm going to be so annoyed if I have to go get my blood drawn for it again and wait ANOTHER two weeks lol. But she said likely it's not related to the specific results.
  • Options
    @dinodna3 ouch!!!

@doxiemoxie212 hopefully it’s just something stupid holding it up and you get your results soon.  I would hope if it was too soon they could have told you by now that there wasn’t enough DNA.  Waiting sucks!
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 uuuugh! yah what @miz_liz said, why wait then? why not just tell you already if that's the case. fingers crossed that isn't it and you'll be getting results asap!
  • Options
    @catlady1215 friend's roommate said they'll have to run all of the second vial before they can confirm if they need more or not, so it's a waiting game. Though from what I've read online, typically there's only not enough fetal DNA if the mother is on the heavier side (I guess because she'd have more of her own blood?? IDK), and I am not... so.... I'm hoping I'm not just randomly part of the like less than 1% of women where they just can't ever figure isht out. BLARGH