March 2018 Moms
Options

Awkward moments

One of the things that has annoyed me about pregnancy is the awkward moments that we don't have much control over. For example, I work as a doctor and I was in an appointment with a patient. I crouched down to pick something up and accidentally farted. I was so embarrassed because I'm a doctor. I should have controlled my bodily functions. Now, I'm very careful when I move around at work and try to make sure nothing slips out of my bowels. It can be very uncomfortable when I want to have a bowel movement during an appointment because I have to hold it while pretending like nothing is wrong.  So, do you guys have ways to deal with accidental awkward moments? How should I have dealt with the fart? Do you have any stories you want to share? In professional environments, how careful are you with bodily functions while moving around?

Re: Awkward moments

• Options
    @spidey75 falling asleep at my desk was a problem from week 16 to week 22....No bueno. Thankfully I am able to apologize and get productive making up for the 30 minutes I've missed lol. I think in your case all you can do is apologize and blame it on baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cford08 said:
    @spidey75 falling asleep at my desk was a problem from week 16 to week 22....No bueno. Thankfully I am able to apologize and get productive making up for the 30 minutes I've missed lol. I think in your case all you can do is apologize and blame it on baby.

Lol! That reminds me of my first pregnancy! 
    I was in the middle of giving a massage and fell asleep. I stubbles of course and woke up instantly. I client either wasn’t aware or was a good sport about it. I apologized for stumbling, and finished the last 5 mins of Massage. I was so grateful I had a lunch break I could nap during right after. So embarrassing and unprofessional. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Obviously we all try not to let farts rip at random but unless you were ripping farts before or made a weird joke like "I meant to ask you to pull my finger!" I don't see how any reasonable person would rag on you because you should have controlled your body better. Most adults know that pregnancy causes changes that are sometimes embarrassing and out of your control. As long as you just say something along the lines of "Excuse me/us. Sorry. Pregnancy." people should generally be understanding.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    I burp all the time now, ESPECIALLY when I get hungry. At first I was embarrassed by it but now IDGAF. I'm pregnant. What do they expect? They're lucky I haven't peed my pants in front of them, lol.
  • Options
    I kind of thought this post was weird, too.  I love the sharing of awkward moments between community members here, but also thought the original post was a bit odd.
  • Options
    @bettyvonsomethingstein I love when I'm on desktop because sometimes the siggies go so perfectly with the post. Your chip guy looking up at that real questions post :D 

TTC since Feb 2016
  • Options
    kiki75 said:
    @bettyvonsomethingstein I love when I'm on desktop because sometimes the siggies go so perfectly with the post. Your chip guy looking up at that real questions post :D 
    Omg I forgot about my siggie! THREAD DRIFT:  did we pick one for November?
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Options
    Well he's perfect with it!

As for November... No.  :(  I was out of town and exhausted at month change so I didn't do it and it didn't happen. Maybe I'll do it tonight?

TTC since Feb 2016
  • Options
    sarabeth5678sarabeth5678 member
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    Question: can I fart on my unborn baby after I lose my mucus plug? Do I have to be careful about farting once it’s gone? How do I avoid this?
  • Options
    I stay far, FAR away from the “Real Answers” section. Nope. Ain’t nobody got time for the majority of those questions. 
  • Options
    ShawnnaO said:
    I stay far, FAR away from the “Real Answers” section. Nope. Ain’t nobody got time for the majority of those questions. 
    Not me, I'm going to go look at those right now!!! The questions look hilarious!! 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    LOL'ing at this right now hahaha! Thanks for the heads up @bettyvonsomethingstein :)