November 2017 Moms
Options

LNCI Anyone?

Re: LNCI Anyone?

• Options
    @DungeonTrollMel yes, I think I’m just too nervous, too, but probably more so about the potential nipple confusion. BFing has been going really well and I’d hate to do something to jeopardize it! I think I’m going to try to hold out until her next ped appt on Tuesday and ask about it then.

In related news, LO just successfully slept in the bassinet for 1.5 hours! That’s her longest stretch since we were in the hospital. I don’t have high hopes for how the rest of the night will go, but I’ll take this small victory!
  • Options
    We use a pacifier during the day ( I try to use it as little as possible).  But I noticed her trying to suck her thumb a few times to soothe so I would rather a pacifier then her thumb. At night time I can rock her to sleep  after feedings cause she is so sleepy already.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The wubbanubs are awesome! We have a fox and I think santa is bringing another one (can't remember which animal).
  • Options
    We have two wubbas and he’s a major hand sucker so maybe they will come into play earlier
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    I waited until right before 4 weeks, he wanted to pacify but not get milk and hadn't figured it out. He hates pacifiers and they have only worked a couple times, he usually acts like he's being gagged. I have a wubbanub and gumdrops.  
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited December 2017
    Wubanubs have helped Austin's latch and improved everyone's sleep. I swaddle them in and he can grab it when he wants. He also will take pumped milk from a bottle (necessary when I'm in physical therapy) and from me. No confusion, although we make sure to pace feed from the bottle.

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    I must be living under a rock because I’d never heard of wubanubs before. I haven’t started using a pacifier yet, but plan to try it out in the next week or so. If my LO will take a pacifier (my older two didn’t) I will get a few as aChristmas gift for her. I’m willing to try anything that will help her sleep in her bassinet. 
  • Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2017
    Ugh awful night sleep. LO is sleeping ok but I keep having recurring nightmares where I am half awake and think she is sleeping on or next to me in bed. They seem so real until I gradually wake up and realize it's just my pillow or my dog. 
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 - I’ve had nightmares like that too. One was so bad, I was convinced my husband’s arm was the baby, not breathing, and kept jerking at it. Then, when I realized it wasn’t the baby, but I was not yet fully awake, I freaked out that the baby was missing.  Took a minute to realize she was safely and peacefully sleeping in her bassinet. Man it was so real though. 
  • Options
    @littlemissc17 we must be under the same rock because I have never heard of them either. I’ve seen them, just never knew what they were. What is the purpose of them? How do they help with baby talking a pacifier? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LO still wakes every 2 hours to eat. Right now he is sick (double pink eye and skin infection of his penis) so I'm ok with him waking and he's gaining weight fast.  I'd love for a 3 hour stretch. 
    I started writing this last night during a feed and muat have passed out. I fell asleep with him on my chest and woke up almost 2 hours later to put him back in the bassinet only for him to wake up again. 
  • Options
    @cwalker042 the animals legs are weighted slightly so it helps keep the nuk in their mouth or at least close enough where if it falls out, they can maybe get it back in on their own. 
  • Options
    @curiousfool1 yep that's what happens. I usually push or slightly shake the pillow to get it to move....ans then realize it's not our daughter.
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 and @curiousfool1 do you nurse your littles in bed? I get up and nurse baby in the rocker in his room and then go back to bed once he's safely in his crib. I don't have those dreams despite being very paranoid about SIDS and safe sleep. I wonder if it's because of my routine? 
  • Options
    @mymulligan thank you! I thought it was just a cute animal that’s attached to the pacifier. I didn’t know there was a purpose. I’ll also add that I nurse LO in my bed. I don’t get up and nurse her in her room where the rocking chair is. LO is on the side of my bed in her bassinet so for me, it’s pointless for me to walk into her room to nurse her. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So I've been curious for those that nurse in bed - do you change diapers over night? 
  • Options
    @mymulligan I tried feeding her in bed a few times, but now I get up and do it in a chair. But my mind may still be thinking of that routine. 
  • Options
    I nurse in bed, have two pillows, one I lay flat and the other stays upright so when he wakes I just flip the other up so I can recline. I don't turn a light on, suppose to keep nights 'boring'.  They suggest only changing diapers if it's dirty/stool or if LO is fussing about it.  Diapers today are suppose to last up to 12 hours for wetness. I change him in his bassinet and if his bum looks red before bed I put barrier cream on. 
  • Options
    I feed him in bed, snuggle and get him drowsy, he poops usually 10-15 minutes after each feed so I change him, then lay him back in his pack n play for sleep until the next round 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    My system is similar to @MaximumEffort I nurse in bed but will occasionally nurse in the recliner next to bed. I change diapers at the midnight feeding and early morning (6 am-ish) feeding but won’t in between unless she’s fussy or dirty. 
  • Options
    So I've been curious for those that nurse in bed - do you change diapers over night? 
    I nurse in bed as well. I have to wake my LO every 3 hours to feed and she usually falls asleep easily at the breast so I usually check her diaper and change it if needed in her packnplay and then nurse her in bed until she falls asleep again. I only take her to the nursery at night if she is especially fussy or cluster feeding so we don't disturb DH too much and so I have better support for my back.
  • Options
    I didn't want to introduce a pacifier too early either but our pedi said it would be okay and to take it away if it does negatively breastfeeding but so far with weve been good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I normally do not change her diaper during the night unless she’s very wet or dirty. 

Last night she wouldn’t fall asleep in her bassinet for more than about 30 mins. She’d fall asleep in my arms while nursing but the second I put her in the bassinet, she wakes up fussing and it takes a while to get her to sleep. When she wakes and I take her out of the bassinet, she acts like she is starving so I nurse her again. This went on ALL night long. It continued all day today as well. She is wanting to nurse every 30-60 mins. She is nursing so much that my boobs are extremely sore. They throb in pain. I was finally able to put her down about 20 mins ago but she’s stiring quite a bit but not waking up. I initially thought I wasn’t producing enough milk but her diapers are soaked and I can see milk on her face after each feeding. It’s so frustrating. Tonight I’m sleeping in the couch while she is in her swing (for now) so I don’t keep DH up throughout the night. Can cluster feeding have a duration of over 24hours? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    5 hours! She slept 5 hours!

i tried feeding on the rocking chair we have in the room (my husband’s from when he was a baby). The arms are not wide enough fo me to use football hold, which is her preferred feeding method. Plus it’s cold. Nights are routinely below freezing outside now, and we lower our house temp to 58 at night. (65 in the day) Feeding in bed has been all around more comfortable for us. 
  • Options
    Oh, we also change her at every night feeding. Usually she wakes us up fussy. She really cannot stand a soiled diaper of any kind. I change her right upon waking, before feeding.
  • Options
    @cwalker042 not sure if it's normal to clusterfeed for 24 hrs. I wonder if she's just not getting enough because she falls asleep? Do you try rousing her when she falls asleep nursing? I oftentimes have to stroke LO's cheek to get him to start suckling again when he is sleepy. With my DD I remember that I would stroke her arm/hand to get her to keep eating. Maybe try some of those tricks if you haven't already?
  • Options
    LO sleeps for 2.5-3 hours between feedings but tonight I guess she wasn’t in the mood. She has been wanting to eat the whole night. We use the paci at night if she says trying to comfort suck but it only gets used in her bassinet. Currently she has been eating since 4 and now I have to get up to get my oldest on the bus. It may be a very long day. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @mymulligan I was saying to DH last night that I think she’s not eating enough at each feeding. It’s the only logical explanation. She does fall asleep within 5-10 mins of nursing, which is not the norm for her. I do try to wake her by rubbing her face or under her chin which sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. I’m going to spend today making sure I wake her so she nursing longer. Hopefully that does the trick. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mymulliganmymulligan member
    edited December 2017
    @cwalker042 I've also heard of people undressing baby down to a diaper or onesie in an effort to keep them awake for a full feed. That was the LC recommendation for DD when she was first born and super sleepy. Seems kinda mean but I get it if that's what needs to happen for them to eat a full feeding!
    good luck today! Hope you find something that works!
  • Options
    @curiousfool1 that's awesome!!! We got a 4 hour stretch last night which felt amazing!
  • Options
    I think DH gave his cold to the baby. Would it kill people to cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough? DS is already on antibiotics for his skin infection but today he's stuffy and gets a cough. Can I catch a break? Still up every 1.5-2 hours last night, my boobs hurt and I'm tired.
  • Options
    MY first was a lazy eater so we had to have him down to just a diaper when nursing. I would tickle his back or his feet to wake him up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @cwalker042 - mine was a super sleepy feeder, still sort of us. One tip my LC gave me was to actively switch the baby to the other breast as soon as she stops actively suckling, swapping back and forth 2-3 times as needed. Worked for a few days till she started staying awake a full feeding. 
  • Options
    @cwalker042 I used a cold wipe on his back when he was in the hospital because he was sleepy from all of the drugs I was on. Now I touch his cheek, slightly lean back to see if he will pull / suck harder on my nipple, or I sit him up and talk to him until he opens his eyes and then relatches.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Tips for relieving plugged ducts? I’m hoping to deal with this quickly (just noticed the lump as we were heading to bed last night) before it develops into mastitis.
  • Options
    Warm compressed and massage 
  • Options
    mymulliganmymulligan member
    edited December 2017
    Warm compress, massage, massage/ hand express in hot shower (that was most helpful for me), feed baby from that side frequently/first
  • Options
    fishakrisfishakris member
    edited December 2017
    I don't want to jinx myself,  but we just had our second night of sleeping for 5 hours! 
  • Options
    I think I figured out that she just doesn’t want to be put down. She nursed well yesterday. At one point she nursed for a good half hour straight and fell asleep. I held her for a good 15 mins then set her down. She instantly woke up looking to feed again. I knew she wasn’t hungry but she was acting like she was so I let her latch and she instantly fell asleep. Every time I put her down she wakes up though. Last night In bed, DH held her after I nursed her until she was out cold. As soon as he laid her in the bassinet she woke right up. DH tried to console her without any luck. I took her and laid in my side, her in her side, and nursed her. The next thing I knew, my alarm went off this morning. Apparently, we both fell asleep and she slept the whole night. I panicked when I woke in the morning until I knew she was okay. But it’s apparent she doesn’t want to be left alone. Now I know your newborn sleeping in bed with you is highly discouraged due to an increased risk of SIDS. Isn’t there something we can put in the bed with with us so she is with us but protected? 
    Pregnancy Ticker