February 2018 Moms
Options

Baby showers!

2»

Re: Baby showers!

• Options
    Thank you @jennifer_m21 I'm probaly just overthinking everything, glad to hear all went well with your shower. 

@libbodee best of luck with your baby shower too! We had to limit our guest list because its at a resteraunt with limited space... DH is portugese and  jack and jill showers are traditional but we could only invite ladies to keep list down. Hopefully no one gets offended. 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• Options
    How many are you having?
    2: one was a surprise shower with family and friends in December at 30 weeks, and my work friends are throwing one on the 13th at 34 weeks. I wasn’t expecting any since this will be Ds2, but I am so thankful! 

Who's hosting?
    A close friend of mine, and then a teacher I work with 

How many weeks will you be?
    oops answered twice, 30 and 34 weeks 

Any thing you're hoping for or adamantly against at your shower?
    I wish I could join in on the mimosas! Soon!! At my shower in December they had a hot chocolate bar and it was delightful. 

What's the theme?
    woodland themed, and in December it had some Christmas elements 

Here’s some pics from my surprise shower in December!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many are you having?
    2: one was a surprise shower with family and friends in December at 30 weeks, and my work friends are throwing one on the 13th at 34 weeks. I wasn’t expecting any since this will be Ds2, but I am so thankful! 

Who's hosting?
    A close friend of mine, and then a teacher I work with 

oops answered twice, 30 and 34 weeks 

I wish I could join in on the mimosas! Soon!! At my shower in December they had a hot chocolate bar and it was delightful. 

What's the theme?
    woodland themed, and in December it had some Christmas elements 

Here’s some pics from my surprise shower in December!

Are you naming your baby Beau? That's going to be my little guys name to!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    @mamaof5already yes we are! I’m absolutely in love with that name. Only issue (that we realized after the fact) is that DS1’s name is Luke. So I will be the mother of the Duke’s of Hazzard. Lord help me!! 
  • Options
    @rachelleck I am having my shower the same weekend (January 14th) at 34 weeks and also having a woodland theme! Great minds right?  ;)
  • Options
    @alice0218 heck yes!!! I miiiight have had the same theme with DS1, but different colors and bedding. I just love it so much! 
  • Options
    @mamaof5already yes we are! I’m absolutely in love with that name. Only issue (that we realized after the fact) is that DS1’s name is Luke. So I will be the mother of the Duke’s of Hazzard. Lord help me!! 
    That is awesome! Lol, guess everyone will think you are big fans now! :smiley:
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    How many are you having? 
    3 small ones 1 for family and 2 coworker/friends
    Who's hosting?
    My SIL, my coworkers, DH boss

I was adamantly for them all being couples showers bc I hate being the center of attention. They all got thrown together in the last month so I am very grateful to have any!

What's the theme?
    Where the wild things are, up up and away(?)) Nothing
    Add pictures of you've got them! (Little pictures so the thread can be opened)
  • Options
    ahalixahalix member
    edited January 2018

How many are you having? I'm having one big shower and inviting all my current and former co workers, along with my friends and family.

Who's hosting? A group of my closest lady friends

How many weeks will you be? 34 weeks, I believe...I'm pretty bad at keeping up with the weeks, to be honest. It's on January 13th and I'm due February 23rd.

Anything you're hoping for or adamantly against? I'm hoping everyone has a good time and I get lots of presents. haha

What's the theme? No theme, really. I'm going to use a lot of purple, but there will be pink and some rainbow colors too.... So not really much of a theme.

++++++QUESTION! +++++++

For those who have already had their shower or will be soon, what gifts did you get for you your hosts? I have seven lady friends who are helping plan and coordinate, so I don't want to get too pricey or specific with the gifts. I'm thinking of doing small gift bags with personal thank you cards, a $10 starbucks gift card and some small gifts. But I'm kinda stuck on what gifts to get that will be appreciated but not cruddy due to price.... Any suggestions?

• Options
    @ahalix - I had two hosts for my one shower (Mom and MIL), and wanted to tailor gifts like I was buying them a bday gift. I went to TJ Maxx and got them a candle scent they would like and jewelry (necklace for MIL, earrings for Mom). For MIL, I also put some chocolate she would like and nail polish for my Mom. Each got a personal thank you card as well. 
  • Options

This is baby #3 for me, so the shower number and intensity has definitely calmed down since baby #1.  My childhood best friends and their moms (we've been best buds for 25 years!) gave me a pampering "sprinkle" last Friday evening. We all went out to a foot spa for massages, then out to dinner.  It was lovely and so relaxing! 

How many are you having? 2

Who's hosting? my best childhood friends for 1; coworkers for another

How many weeks will you be? almost 34 weeks and 35 weeks

Anything you're hoping for or adamantly against? my same friends have given me wonderful showers for my previous 2 babies, so I hoped they were low key with this one.  It was a lovely evening of relaxation and laughter!  I hoped for an outfit or two since I haven't bought anything yet for this baby and would like him to have something that wasn't worn by his big brother.

What's the theme? none that I know of!

Hostess gifts: in the past I had given dual-ended Coach rollerball perfumes (great to keep in a purse), and the hostesses still talk about how much they love them!  For my sprinkle last week, I gave them a cute Kate Spade dish towel and bottle opener that looks like an antique key (both from Home Goods) with a personal note.

• Options
    @ahalix I got my SIL this necklace https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1346667425 with a freshwater pearl (her birthstone). It was really pretty. No idea if she wears it or not. I also got a gift card to her absolute favorite store Nordstrom lol. She threw a doozy of a party, though, and was the only host so I tried to be generous. 
  • Options
    How many are you having? Two or three maybe? One from all my teacher friends (I am a former student and my mom still works for the school I used to go to. I'm studying to become a teacher myself so they're all my friends). The other two showers are from my church I go to. The choir ladies want to throw me a shower (my dad is the minister of music and I'm in the choir) and also the Women's Ministry wants to throw me a shower since I actively go to the bible study on Weds :)
    Who's hosting? No idea, except the teacher party is being hosted by my mother's best friend. She's awesome!
    How many weeks will you be? 39 weeks for the first shower. LO will be born for the other two showers. FTM here