June 2018 Moms

Due Date Check-In Week of 11/9: Fourth Week (6/22-6/30)

What's your EDD?

How are you feeling? Any specific cravings/aversions lately?

Any appointments this week/coming up?

Rants/Raves?

Questions?

GTKY: What would be the title of your personal memoir

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Due Date Check-In Week of 11/9: Fourth Week (6/22-6/30)

• What's your EDD? June 23 

How are you feeling? Any specific cravings/aversions lately? I've just been super hungry lately. However, at night I don't feel like eating anything because of nausea. 

Any appointments this week/coming up? None until the end of the month. 

Rants/Raves? Rant: Took a taxi home last night and I seriously thought I was going to hurl in the back of his car. He treated Lexington Avenue like it was the friggin' Grand Prix. Rave: I'm sooo looking forward to the weekend! 

Questions? Is anyone else experiencing on and off cramping? I was just kind of ignoring it, assuming it was normal, but I've gotten really paranoid about over the last couple of days. 

GTKY: What would be the title of your personal memoir? "I'm a Special Unicorn and Other Lies I've Told Myself" Lol!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 I get on and off cramping as well. It hasn't been too painful this time but I remember my last pregnancy it would wake me up in the middle of the night I was cramping so bad. I just attribute it to everything stretching and growing down there! 

What's your EDD? June 26

How are you feeling? Any specific cravings/aversions lately? Like crap most of the day. I threw up for the first time this morning too so that was fun. I constantly crave cheeseburgers and yesterday I really wanted Campbell's chicken noodle soup.

Any appointments this week/coming up? I had one yesterday and my next is in 3 weeks.

Rants/Raves? Rants- Nursing school is kicking my ass right now and it's so hard to stay motivated when I'm so tired and nauseous. Raves- my DD has started talking about the baby in mommy's belly and keeps lifting up my shirt looking for it, it's so cute! 

Questions?

GTKY: What would be the title of your personal memoir? I can't come up with anything off the top of my head! 

• Loading the player...
  • What's your EDD?

June 26th

Slightly tired but I think that's due to no coffee. My body is still adjusting. Yesterday I was craving a burger after everyone was talking about McDonald's but I went to 5 Guy's. It was really delicious! I've been craving pasta but trying not too give into that and salads - which that I do give into. No aversions yet.

Nov 20th - only a 100 years away still 

Rants/Raves?

Rant - our friends just got back into town and want our friend group to all get together this weekend but DH and I don't really want to see one of the couples in our group right now. We're still deciding on if we're going to suck it up and go or sit this one out. Rave - I really love my DH. He's always helping out around the house or doing things that make my life easier. This morning he tosated me a bagel and gave me a huge hug and kiss since I'm not drinking coffee. It was a really nice way to start the day.

Questions?

Anyone have any good Podcasts they are listening to?

GalacticKates -A story of Love, Adventure, and everything in between 

• @lrichhx05 Thanks - that's a good point re: all the changes.

@galactickates I've mentioned it before, but I love listening to Longest Shortest Time (pregnancy/parenting podcast). My favorite is Throwing Shade - it is a feminist and LGBTQ politics and gossip-ish podcast. The hosts re hilarious. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • What's your EDD?

June 25th

My husband was cutting up bell peppers last night and I wanted to throw up so bad from the smell!

Nope. Had my first appointment and US today 

Rants/Raves?

Slow drivers and rainy days. Ugh.

Questions?

Nausea.....worse for anyone else this week?

How does she do that and not kill herself? The story of a mom with 3 kids who want her to go crazy.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • What's your EDDJune 22

How are you feeling? Any specific cravings/aversions lately? Still craving all the take out, particularly Chinese, which I also craved so much with DD my husband was entirely sick of it by the time she arrived!

Any appointments this week/coming upFinally having our first appointment and ultrasound this Monday! Simultaneously anxious and excited. Just praying all is going well in there.

Rants/Raves? Rant against myself for eating like total and complete crap this week and not hitting the gym AT ALL. Rave to my husband who has totally been picking up my slack around the house this week without complaint.

Questions?

GTKY: What would be the title of your personal memoir? "I'm Not Creative Enough To Think Of A Witty Title" would about sum it up.

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @fulcher_mama Yes to the nausea ramping up this week. This is the first week I've been gagging and dry heaving, ugh.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @oneblessedmess I was doing fine until this week. Its kicking my butt.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • What's your EDD?

6/25 

Half the time like crap, the other fine. I was craving Mexican food last night, so we went out  for dinner  

Monday, getting closer every day  

Rants/Raves?

Rant - the weather today is cold and rainy, not fun

Rave - my husband is awesome 

Questions?

I can’t think of anything. I’m not that creative. 

• @fulcher_mama Sucking on hard candy is my go-to remedy and it's working well enough (Not helping my teeth though!) How have you been managing it?
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @oneblessedmess crackers and sprite. Will be buying peppermints or ginger candies very soon. The doctor told me anything ginger and gave me something called diclegis but it made me extremely tired and I need to stay awake with 3 kids at home.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • This came up in my articles today. Figured it would help @oneblessedmess
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • katelynrae86katelynrae86 member
    edited November 2017

You guys are cracking me up with these memoir titles, especially you @fulcher_mama :)

@galactickates I'm jealous of your 5 guys, the closest one is 45 minutes away. I was also influenced by all the fast food talk, but settled for dairy queen. I listen to a ton of podcasts. I like The Longest Shortest Time and One Bad Mother for parenting related ones. I'm also into My Favorite Murder, Criminal, Reply All, How I Built This, The Sporkful, Straight Talk with Ross Mathews  (I could go on...its my "company" while at home with a baby all day  :D )

What's your EDD? 6/22

How are you feeling? Any specific cravings/aversions lately? Over the weekend, I had the worst nausea/throwing up, eating saltines and toast all day. But this week it's been much better. I'm back to my 2 cups of half caf coffee a day (hallelujah!). I got some of the extra strength gin gin candies to suck on, which I do think help

Any appointments this week/coming up? Next Wednesday is my first ultrasound

Rants/RavesOur weather forecast is rain everyday for the next two weeks  (pnw - what do I expect?) But if i can't get outside to run and/or walk, I might go stir crazy and get no exercise (and I find the fresh air helps with nausea as well). Rave: my husband has tomorrow off for the holiday so we get a 3 day weekend! He's been working 6 10 hour days the last couple weeks, which has not been fun.

Questions? None come to mind..

GTKY: What would be the title of your personal memoir? Er...I'm the worst with these kind of questions...sorry, I'm out haha

Edited to correct EDD

• @katelynrae86 - I Listen to reply all and my favorite murder too! I tried to listen to a couple preggo podcasts and couldn't get past the dull voices and just went back to MFM. I love their lines "buy your own shit and stay out of the forest"  :D I just started listening to it a couple weeks ago so I'm not caught up yet.  I'll be bummed once I am.  SSDGM 
  • @galactickates
    "You're in a cult, call your dad" I did the same thing a few months ago and binged them all. Now it's a treat to get a new ep on Thursday and mini on Monday. I love their relationship and banter! I'm definitely a Georgia, but wish I was a badass Karen. SSDGM  ;)
  • @katelynrae86 when is your due date? It came up as 6/2
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1. 6/25
    2. Nausea is still in full force but luckily only vomiting every few days. Last year when I was pregnant, I didn’t get nauseous until week 9 and it was much worse than this so I’m hoping this is as bad as it gets. I have random aversions but am only craving mashed potatoes. Like that’s all I ate for dinner the other night. 
    3. First appt is next Wednesday when I have my dating US. I’m also looking forward to getting to talk to the doctor about what the plan is. I am high risk due to my 24 week delivery last year and I’m curious what they are going to do. 
    4. Rants/Raves: my mother is in town and is driving me crazy about what I’m eating and what not. I know I should be eating more veggies but if I throw them up after then what’s the point. 
    5. No questions at the moment 

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @katelynrae86 when is your due date? It came up as 6/2
    Oops, 6/22
  • edited November 2017
    @fulcher_mama I'll be picking up crackers today. I am not a huge fan of the taste of ginger but it has worked for me in the past. I'm hoping I don't get much more sick so I don't have to resort to ginger! Thanks for the cold fruits tip as well, that sounds much more appetizing (and more nutritious than the Life Savers I've been sucking on!)
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @profmcgonagall you're another due date buddy with me and @katykat03
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @katelynrae86 that's my nephew's birthday. That's a good day 

@oneblessedmess I hope it helps. Whatever the doctor gave me helped a lot. But I can only take it at night because it makes me tired and I've got kiddos to take care of during the day
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @fulcher_mama and @katelynrae86 that's my birthday too! It's really weird seeing my birthday as people's EDD. I just hope our LO isn't early.  I already share my birthday with my nephew! June is known as second Christmas in our family.  We have 4 other June birthdays, it will be 7 total by the time LO gets here! 
  • @galactickates here's our June rundown. Mother in law's birthday on the 15th, oldest nephew on the 22nd, aunt in law and cousin in law on the 25th(our due date), grandpa on the 26th or 27th(apparently no one knows which one is correct), and another nephew on the 29th. Plus the first week of July we've got a nephew on the 3rd, my sister on the 3rd, uncle in law on the 5th, and my grandma on the 6th. 

I've told the baby it has 3 options: the 23rd, 24th, or 28th  :D
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @fulcher_mama, we have a ton of June events as well
    15- our anniversary 
    22- uncle bday 
    23 - aunt bday 
    24- uncle bday 
    25- due date and IL anniversary.
    I have to have a RCS by 37 weeks so I will actually be giving birth in the beginning of June which is good because there is nothing going on. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• What's your EDD?

6/30

Constant mild nausea, terrible bloat, and cranky. I'm craving all things cheese, specifically Mexican food.

My first appointment is this coming Tuesday, I've been joking with FH that it's gonna be twins because I've had a weird gut feeling there's more than one floating around in there ;)

Rants/Raves?

I have one coworker who keeps asking me everyday if I'm excited about my upcoming wedding (next Sunday!) and every time I answer she accuses me of not being excited enough... I'm getting close to the point where I'll just start pelting her with the pumpkin seeds I'm constantly snacking on whenever she comes near my desk  >:)

Questions?

Is anyone else super bloated and looking 5 months pregnant already?

"From the Bitch Who Says Bitch More Than Any Other Bitch... A Bitchin' Memoir"

BabyFruit Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @fitzandgiggles love the memoir name. And yes. Super bloated. Looking huge!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  •  EDD: 6/23 or 6/28 or 7/2 but I'm staying in June to play because my 2 kids were born at 37 weeks.

Feeling: I was thinking of starting a Fit Friday thread of fitness fail gifs because I have been too wiped/sick to get to the gym.

Appointment: Had US today. One baby.  Looks normal, saw heartbeat! 

GTKY: "I Don't Know, It Wasn't Me, and it was That Way when I Got There." 

(I'm actually stealing the title from one of my dad's cheesy lines.)

P.S. I am struggling to figure out which words to capitalize... nothing looks right. Grammar fail.
  • cheerfuld8cheerfuld8 member
    edited November 2017

What's your EDD?

6/22

No aversions as of yet. But some cravings. Mostly I have been wanting cheeseburgers for almost every meal. Also want chocolate (but that is nothing new).

Thursday 11/16  

Rants/Raves?

Rave - even though he's sick my husband took care of so many chores today that I couldn't. Between him and our puppy being super lovey, I am super lucky to have this awesome little family.

Questions?

Definitely been experiencing on and off cramping. It's always disconcerting when it happens, but seems to be more normal at this time from what I read. Anyone else been having this?

"A little too nice"

• @cheerfuld8 - I'm really loving my DH and our doxies too. I feel the happiest when I'm  spending time with our little family. Isn't it the absolute best!?!?  <3:)
  • @LaceyBee522 Taxi drivers make me insane. I worked a lot of late nights when I lived in NYC and have literally thrown up out the side of a cab from the combination of exhaustion and terrible driving. Thanks for the podcast recs!

@lrichhx05 That is adorable re: your DD. A great big sister in the works.

@galactickates A bagel? A toasted bagel? Husband of the year. ;)

@katelynrae86 @oneblessedmess @katykat03 @cheerfuld8 Good luck with this week's appointments!

@fulcher_mama @oneblessedmess I told my doctor yesterday that I'd had basically no nausea this far in my pregnancy, in response to which she smirked and said "You're at 7 weeks? Give it a minute." So your reports sound right on point if terribly discouraging.

@fitzandgiggles Yes to all the cheese! Last night I made a box of Velveeta shells and cheese that has been sitting in our pantry for at least a year. It had to be done.

@llamamama14 Congratulations on the heartbeat!

What's your EDD? 6/29

How are you feeling? Any specific cravings/aversions lately? Pretty ok. I've been less into salads and other cold, green things and more into cheesy junk foods than is usual, but I'm not sure I can blame any of that on the pregnancy (though I will).

Any appointments this week/coming up? My first appointment was last Thursday, and it was both cooler and more of a relief than I'd imagined. The US technician warned us that at 7 weeks we might not see anything other than a yolk sack, but we got to see the baby and the heartbeat. Hearing it though? That was awesome. Baby became really, really real in that moment. Next appointment is in 4 weeks.

Rants/Raves? I miss jeans. I'm too squishy for the ones I have (the annual summer weight gain is to blame, not pregnancy) and it's still too early on in this pregnancy to buy maternity jeans. Life is hard.

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What would be the title of your personal memoir? "The Angsty Dreamer"

• @emiliadkay totally not ready for it to get worse 

8 weeks today 
    BabyFetus Ticker