December 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 11/08

failuretoflyfailuretofly member
edited November 2017 in December 2017 Moms

1)How far along are you? How big is baby?

2)How are you feeling

3)Any news/appointments this week

4)Rant/Rave/Question/Concerns:

5)GTKY: Any DIY projects for baby? Are they done or are you still working on them
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 11/08

• 1)How far along are you? How big is baby? 33 weeks, pineapple

2)How are you feeling? Caught a cold from DD and have been feeling pretty lousy since Sunday. Saw the dr, just a virus, but so annoying when limited to tylenol. Lots of lemon ginger honey tea for me.

3)Any news/appointments this week? Nothing until next week.

4)Rant/Rave/Question/Concerns: Feeling mildly anxious about my 36 week U/S - goal being "see if this baby is trending as large as DS" - I know there's a +/- 1-2lb margin of error there, but I almost don't want to know either way. Ignorance was bliss when pushing out an 11lb baby.

5)GTKY: Any DIY projects for baby? Are they done or are you still working on them?  I'm a wannabee DIYer. I go to Michael's and feel so inspired, buy stuff, and do nothing with it (or I do and it comes out like crap!). I painted DD's name onto a bunch of canvases (like on letter per canvas) and it hangs on her wall. I bought the supplies to do it for DS and it's been 2 years, still no name art for his room. So I'm going to pump the brakes on any moments of DIY-idea-spikes for now. :) The ultimate goal would be to repeat this project though, as it did actually turn out decent!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1)How far along are you? How big is baby?
    34 weeks - cabbage
    2)How are you feeling
    Great! 
    Today. LO is still transverse. They are giving her two weeks to turn on her own, then we will try to get her to go head down. 
    LO measuring small- but they think it’s cause she’s laying transverse. Not really concerned. I just hope she flips soon!
    5)GTKY: Any DIY projects for baby? Are they done or are you still working on them
    Making some onesies and decor for the nursery. Still working on them.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1)How far along are you? How big is baby? 35 weeks! Pineapple - something about imagining a pineapple in my ute makes me cringe hard!

2)How are you feeling? Le Tired, my vag is perma-swollen, I hate everyone, I'm constantly starving and my abs feel like they are ripping in half... but you know, great!

3)Any news/appointments this week? I have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow? Does that count :D haha but seriously though, there's a very tiny chance they'll take off my braces tomorrow and that would make me super duper happy!

4)Rant/Rave/Question/Concerns: Not sure if rave or rant but DH has a cold so he went to sleep at 8:30 last night, which pushed me to go to sleep a bit earlier at 9:30... which was good because DS decided 5:45 was 'MORNING!'. 
    Definite rave: MY CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS ARE GOING UP! YAY! I have a few runs of garland and lights up and plan on continuing through the day, hoping DH will help me get the tree tonight or tomorrow!

5)GTKY: Any DIY projects for baby? Are they done or are you still working on them?
    In the midst of crocheting a blanket for her, though I realized last night I am going to run out of yarn, I just hope I can get more in the right colours!!! I also made her a toque a while ago! 
  • @oncape100615 what app are you using? just noticed we both put pineapple for 33 & 35 weeks lol

@balletnerd have you tried any of the spinning babies techniques? They are super easy and most of them are free on their website!

@babybison that sucks about your hospital, so annoying. I am also not looking forward to the GBS swab next week!
  • Can I just say that the baby in that first GIF is my child? She NEVER stops moving. 

1)How far along are you? How big is baby34 weeks!

2)How are you feeling? I feel pretty good! BP is creeping up and was pretty high yesterday, but it's gone back down into the safe zone so my doctor isn't super concerned/it's not an emergency. My only real complaint is acid reflux. This shit is waking me nightly, in addition to having to wake up to pee at least once!

3)Any news/appointments this week? I have an appointment Saturday

4)Rant/Rave/Question/Concerns: Random - I think I am getting a new car this week! I've been trying to convince DH for some time and yesterday he randomly brought it up. Woot!

5)GTKY: Any DIY projects for baby? Are they done or are you still working on them? This poor, poor second child. Literally zero DIY projects. 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• @failuretofly I’ll have to look into it, thanks!
  • @failuretofly I sort of bop around - I have the bump app obvi, and baby story for pics on my phone, but that pineapple actually came from Baby Center (today I opted for a google search because I didn't care for the celery comparison on the bump lol)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @flowerpower5838 new car! I love it! any ideas what you're looking for?
  • How far along are you? How big is baby36 weeks! A papaya

How are you feeling? okay, just pretty tired and uncomfortable. Zero energy. I hate any form of movement and even when I'm sitting or lying down, I'm not 100% comfy. 

Any news/appointments this week? Weekly appointments now, and the one this week was the first one since appt #1 back in April where I had to take my pants off. They tested me for..... strep vagina. Anyone else have this test? I'm assuming all is fine since I haven't heard otherwise. Next week at 37 weeks they're going to check to see if I'm dilating at all. Holy shit guys, this is really happening huh.

Rant/Rave/Question/Concerns: Raving about only have 2 more weeks of work. It's been super busy and I'm just so drained. Ranting though that I don't have a replacement so at the moment, no one will know how to do my job after I leave. It's stressful because I hate to see the place fall into shambles, but at the same time I'm like... well hey I told you guys back in May that I was pregnant so...

GTKY: Any DIY projects for baby? Are they done or are you still working on them? Not really DIY but I've been enjoying decorating the nursery. Still a lot to do though!
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• @babybison I am really not picky so I am just going through the November incentives lists and finding mid-sized SUVs with 0% apr and adding them to the list. I'd LOVE a new explorer but it's just not in the budget at the moment. Looking at a Sorento and a few different Nissans on Friday.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• 1)How far along are you? How big is baby?  35 weeks, spaghetti squash

2)How are you feeling?  Not great, getting over a cold and currently on bed rest for high bp and swelling.  

3)Any news/appointments this week?  NST and Ultrasound tomorrow

4)Rant/Rave/Question/Concerns:  I'm currently scheduled to have a c-section on 11/27 at 37 weeks due to the bp issues.... she will be so little, I'm nervous about having her so early.

5)GTKY: Any DIY projects for baby? Are they done or are you still working on them?  Still working on decor for the nursery! 
    Pregnancy Ticker 

33 weeks. 

2)How are you feeling
    So sore from car accident still. Stressed. Sigh. 

So many appointments, mostly related to the accident. Nothing for baby this week. 

i had a question this morning.. hmm. If it comes back to me I’ll post it 

Im painting a mural in baby room. My SIL and her boyfriend took over and are doing amazing. HOping they finish tomorrow. Clock is ticking! 
    Im not a DIY’er. I buy stuff with good intentions but cant brint anything to fruition 
  • @peachy13 Group B Strep test at 36 weeks is standard for all pregnancies! They didn't swab your bum too? I'm pretty sure here it's usually vag and anus. Always fun haha
  • @failuretofly yep pretty sure she did both! 
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• 1)How far along are you? How big is baby34 weeks

2)How are you feeling? Pretty good. Finally kicked the constant cold and/or sinus pain, but heartburn is still in effect.

3)Any news/appointments this week? Had a 2-minute appointment earlier this week that I waited and hour in the waiting room for. GRRR But baby sounds good. Next appt in 3 weeks due to Thanksgiving and we get a growth ultrasound--that will be just 2 weeks before baby is scheduled to arrive! EEEEEK

4)Rant/Rave/Question/Concerns: Got to have a date night with DH to see the new Thor movie last night, which was pretty fun. 

5)GTKY: Any DIY projects for baby? Are they done or are you still working on them? I finished a knitted blanket and a sewn blanket. DH is still working on painting a dresser that he stripped and sanded for baby's room. (He is obsessing that it doesn't look good and he wants it to be perfect. I am like--just get it done, man!!!) I am contemplating knitting some hats, too, but I have only knitted adult-size before, so I need to find some guidelines. My knitting skills are pretty basic. 

@peachy13 yep, the GBS test is normal. @failuretofly with DD, they only swabbed my vagina--this was a debate on my last BMB. Some ladies got the additional bum swab, others didn't. Yet another difference in protocol from practice to practice!

@pinkishrabbit 37 weeks is "early term." She probably won't be so little. Hope the BP looks good til then and she can keep cooking. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
    36 weeks papay. I realized last week I posted on the wrong ticker. I have GD so he is actually measuring 37 weeks and some odd days. 
    2)How are you feeling
    My back hurts and I can't hardly walk. 
    Next week I get another sono to see how big he is and I'm lucky enough to get stripped next week. (Sarcastically) if I don't have this baby by 12/03 they are inducing me. 
    Not really any rant or raves. I'm waiting on my new born cloth diapers to come in the mail. I have all in one they are just big for newborns. As I found out with my last child 
    I need to doctor up 15 bum genis diaper covers I have and I need to finish the baby blankets I started