February 2018 Moms

Wed Ticker Change 11.8

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? (Side note... lots of us are double digits or close to it for how many days left!)

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: Are you planning to do Black Friday shopping? What stores or deals are you scoping out?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wed Ticker Change 11.8

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? (Side note... lots of us are double digits or close to it for how many days left!)
    24 weeks- canteloupe

On Mondays I take DD to a science museum all day. There are four floors, lots of stairs, and this week when we got home at the end of the day I was hurting all over so badly I could barely move. My feet were so swollen. I think we need to cut back to half days when we go, which makes me so sad because DD and I both LOVE our full museum day.

Yesterday I had my second A/S with MFM because the last time (at 18 weeks) baby wasn't positioned so they could all of her face and heart. They were able to see everything they needed to yesterday, and it looks like she did not inherit my heart condition. My mother, brother, sister, and I, as well as one of my mother's aunts, all have the same heart condition. So I'm relieved and amazed that neither of my children inherited it from me. Everything else on the scan looked good, and it was so neat to get to see her move on the screen at the same time I could feel her. And since they saw everything, I don't need to go back to MFM again for this pg.

5) GTKY: Are you planning to do Black Friday shopping? What stores or deals are you scoping out?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @precious88 That’s awesome news about the baby not inheriting the heart condition!! Yay for some positivity! 

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? (Side note... lots of us are double digits or close to it for how many days left!)

26 weeks: the size of kale, spaghetti squash, or a bowling pin... where do they come up with these comparisons?!

I’ve been feeling great. With all my bodily infections gone, life is so much better! I️ have to admit, I’ve had it pretty easy for my first pregnancy. I’m just waiting for the ball to drop. 

Nothing this week. Next week is our 3D US!

Rants: Poor DH had to tie my shoes earlier this week.  He’s such a trooper. It’s starting to get painful to bend over, gotta work on those squats! Side note: I️ am dropping everything in site and have to pick it up. It’s annoying, but I️ think it’s definitely a pregnancy thing because I️ rarely dropped things before. 

Rave: No joke, I️ love to get asked at work how far along I️ am. My boss actually said I️ should wear my Halloween shirt everyday. Ha. I️ love to brag about our LO. 

We have been waiting until Black Friday to order our nursery furniture and glider. I’m so nervous because most of you ladies have your stuff ready already! I️ just hope we can get some good deals because, of course, we picked the most expensive stuff. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? (Side note... lots of us are double digits or close to it for how many days left!)
    27 weeks (91 days!!) size of lettuce, which I'm assuming is romaine and not iceberg. 

I've been feeling pretty off lately, to the list of crying inconsolably and I'm not an emotional person. Turns out I'm anemic and my thyroid meds need to be adjusted again.  

monday was my regular OB and glucose test. Passed with flying colors!  Wohoo!

I'm going to be in BFE NC visiting my inlaws so no actual shopping for me. I'll probably keep an eye on Amazon and Target for the toys that the boys are asking for but internet is spotty for me too so I might just stick with cyber Monday. 
  • katefb17katefb17 member
    edited November 2017
    26 weeks, kale... and I did not realize that means only 98 days left until just now!!

No new symptoms, just an ongoing cold that seems to be complicated by having extra weight in my abdomen (hello, leaking during coughing fits. ugh). And lots of pressure on my tailbone the last couple of days. Waddle, waddle.

Nope

Not related to this pregnancy (so maybe a bit off topic), but about DH's and my routine with DD (this is a rave, yay ;) )

We used to do the bedtime routine as a team: one of us would make dinner (trading off), and then both of us would do bath/ story/ song/ bed. This was nice family time, but DD is at the age where she likes pushing our limits-- and she is a MASTER at stalling (one more song! read the story again! one last hug! one last try on the potty! ::tearful tantrum::). We were finding that we were both exhausted and irritable by the time she finally went to bed, and her bedtime was creeping later and later.

I started taking a class a few nights a week, so we decided that whoever made dinner would sit bedtime out. Week one is in the bag, and so far it has worked really well!! On nights I have class, I do a slow cooker/ InstantPot meal, we all eat a little early, and then DH handles bedtime while I'm at class. On alternating nights, he cooks and I get to play with DD until dinner, then do bath/ story/ bed. She doesn't try to stall quite as much with just one of us-- I think it's because there is only one of us to either give in or put our foot down, and the other can't contradict the decision (plus, if one says no, she can't turn her attention to the other). I even found that after bedtime last night I had enough energy to entirely clean the kitchen and catch up on laundry (stuff I've been procrastinating on lately). I just hope this isn't a honeymoon for the new routine, and that it lasts!!!

My usual tradition is to hit JC Penney for a new pair of boots, and DH stocks up on work shirts. But this year we'll be visiting family in rural Mississippi, so no shopping for us. Hoping to get in a hike instead (another Black Friday tradition :) )
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @katefb17 I had a cold last week and it was the first time (three times) I peed my pants while sneezing. not cool. Feel better! 

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? (Side note... lots of us are double digits or close to it for how many days left!) 27 weeks, 91 days left (!!!)

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms? Feeling ok, definitely getting more nesty. We ordered a new vacuum which I immediately felt guilty about because I forgot about Black Friday and it would probably be a lot cheaper, but we are doing a massive clean/purge/set up this weekend and I really wanted in time for that. We also decided to stay in Brooklyn and move into a bigger place (which had been up in the air for awhile) so I am feeling positive about having a solid plan in place and as a result, have had way less anxiety. Sleeping is still a problem for me, but I seem to be adjusting to getting less sleep. 

none until my growth scan next Friday, which is also when I switch to every two week OB appt!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Just getting really excited and kind of freaking out about everything! Also my shower is in a couple of weeks, and I am getting a lot of questions about my registry including someone saying I "didn't have enough big stuff" on it, which was pretty annoying since we are trying to stay minimal, and instead I registered for more high quality small things like clothes and a nicer changer etc. But my friend pointed out that people like to have their gift be a big flashy thing to be opened in front of a group. Its making me a bit regretful about having a shower, but I think it will be ok...

I am going to keep an eye out for baby things going on sale, and as some PPs suggested, perhaps buy them and keep in packaging in case no one gets it for us for our shower. We also may buy a smaller second TV for our bedroom, we got our living room TV a couple of Black Fridays ago and it was such an amazing deal. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    26 weeks and kale.  Can't believe third tri is right around the corner! 

No new symptoms here either.  I seem to be sleeping better than most people so that is keeping everything in perspective, since I'm able to deal with the daytime nonsense a little better as I feel somewhat well rested.  Managing intermittent heartburn with Tums, rib pain is bothersome by the end of the day but not excruciating yet (I know that is right around the corner), and trying to do something active every day to help manage my feelings about my ever-expanding... well... everything.  

Nothing for a few weeks.  

Ongoing "daylight savings with a toddler" rant... we are inching toward normal but not quite there yet.  Another 5:30 wake-up in our house.

We aren't really Black Friday shoppers, and since this is our second and we don't need much, that probably won't change this year.  However, I will definitely be keeping my eye on any Cyber Monday deals for any of the handful of things we do need.
  • That is awesome news @precious88!  Isn't it a great feeling to be released by MFM?

DH has been tying my shoes for a few weeks @jenniferjoy37.  No shame in it!

Congrats on passing the GD test @karcerplus3!

Just got over a cold myself @katefb17.  So miserable.  Hope you feel better soon.

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? (Side note... lots of us are double digits or close to it for how many days left!)  27 weeks.  Hello Third trimester!  91 days to go.  Apparently he is romane lettuce this week???

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms?  Heartburn and its not fun.  I can eat nothing and it still comes.  Tired and I can't get things off the floor lol.

3) Any appointments this week?  Gestational diabetes test Friday morning.   Please let me pass pregnancy gods!!!!!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Our shower is Sunday and I am so excited!!!!

Yes!  After our shower on Sunday, I am going to make a target list of what's left on the registry that I hope to snag a deal on.  Buy Buy Baby is opening the first store in our area so I am hoping they have some really good deals.
    24 weeks!! Cantaloupe 

been feeling really well! I had a headache for a few days but that passed thank god! 

I had a regular OB check today! Everything looked and sounded good! Made my glucose test for 2 weeks from today! 

Rave: I’ve been sleeping really well lately! I’m enjoying it while it lasts! 

Rant: unfortunately that means my toddler is struggling with the time change! Early mornings are NOT any favorite! Lol

My hubby is a general manager of a Best Buy store...so I’m not a huge Black Friday shopper lol BUT i am beyond ready for cyber Monday!!!!! Bargain shopping from my couch in my pjs! 
  • @karcerplus3 i love in N.C.! More city area so not BFE  :D
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? (Side note... lots of us are double digits or close to it for how many days left!) 26 weeks today, and 98 days to go!  Baby is the size of kale, or a slow loris (I guess it's like a bushbaby?) according to another app.  

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms? I'm feeling good, and keep saying that I feel thankful to feel well!  Definitely some back achiness here and there, and a good night of sleep has been hard to come by, but overall, really I feel fine. 

3) Any appointments this week? Other than the chiropractor, no.  I don't go back to the OB until the day before Thanksgiving, which is also the day of my GD test- not going to lie, a little nervous about that! My mom had GD, and I am really hoping I pass.  Fingers crossed for you, @chucksmom15 ! Yay, @katefb17 for passing!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? My shower is this weekend, and I'm excited! :) 

We aren't huge BF shoppers, but I may try to pick up a few things that we don't get this weekend.  We already have a crib (got it on a great sale this summer) and a changing table and glider (hand-me-downs), so we don't need furniture, thankfully.  
    25 weeks, cauliflower!

Feeling big and achy. This didn’t hit til like 32 weeks last time so I’m bracing myself for the downhill slide, but I’m still mostly pretty good if I don’t overdo it!

Nothing til next week! Follow up AS on Tuesday

My dog is driving me insane. My BP is always perfect when I go in for an appointment but I bet if they brought that cuff to my house during the day it would be high. Pregnancy, a toddler, and a large needy misbehaving dog are not mixing well at the moment.

Nah I’m a couch shopper so unless I get an email about a good online deal I’ll be waiting til Cyber Monday! Probably will scope out Carters for clothes and Amazon for Christmas gifts, don’t need any major gear for baby this time.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @RachelR17 - We're going to Hertford, but it's really a golf course community way outside town so the closest grocery store is a 30 min drive. No cell service unless we go to the marina or the club house and even then it's spotty. Fun times. 
  • @RachelR17 - We're going to Hertford, but it's really a golf course community way outside town so the closest grocery store is a 30 min drive. No cell service unless we go to the marina or the club house and even then it's spotty. Fun times. 
    Oh no! I couldn’t do it lol we are in Asheville so Western North Carolina...in the mountains