March 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 11/15

nancysimpnancysimp member
edited November 2017 in March 2018 Moms
1-How far along are you? How big is baby?

2-How are you feeling?

3-What's going on this week? Any appointments?

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:

5-NEW for Nov 15 (I edited this post from last week vs cut and paste new one) How are your feet doing? Do you think you will need to buy bigger shoes/boots for cooler weather or are you going to make do/get creative with what you have?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 11/15

• 1-How far along are you? How big is baby?
    23 weeks. Baby is a grapefruit.

2-How are you feeling?
    Hungry, big, tired, happy.

On Tuesday. Seeing my OB.

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Work is so stressful lately. I don't have much patience sometimes and can't handle over complicated people, micro managers, and control freaks. I'm getting tired! Lol

5-(stolen from Friday) 
    Name one trait you hope baby does NOT get from you and one that you hope baby does NOT get from your SO.
    I hope he doesn't get my laisez faire kinda attitude...where I tend to be late for things. My hubby is respectful of time. I am when the event is important, but generally a bit late to things. I hope he doesn't get my SO meticulous OCD kinda attitude where everything has to be tidy always...drives me bonkers. Sometimes when you have a long day at work, its ok if you tidy up some loose papers/mail the next day...they can rest on the kitchen table for a night. Lol
    23 weeks. Grapefruit!!

2-How are you feeling?
    Mostly fine, tired, not feeling much movement with the anterior placenta so I wish that was different.

Nothing for 3 weeks. We stretched out our time in between appointments this month since I'm doing the glucose test at 26 weeks. 

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I know I'm not the first pregnant person ever, but I get irritated when people, mainly at work, don't factor that into things sometimes.  My one coworker has a 19 and 15 year old kid, and for the past 10 years I have been expected to cover for her when she takes off tons of time last minute for every single thing that happens in their lives.  They are teenagers now, and I am still working extra hours to cover when they get the sniffles. 8 hours KILLS ME every day so anything extra is torture.  She's also mean so that just makes it worse, lol!

5-(stolen from Friday) 
    Name one trait you hope baby does NOT get from you and one that you hope baby does NOT get from your SO.
    I hope my baby does NOT get my patience.  I have none.  And my SO has always had to worry about heavier things than most people should, which makes him a little tougher on the outside, so I hope our baby is more light hearted than him. 
    *TW*
    me 34  |  him 37 | 
     married 6/6/15
    •  September 2016 - TI #1 | 100mg Clomid w/ injections, BFP | 6w4d: Ectopic surgery, removed left tube
    •  December 2016 - TI #2, 100mg Clomid BFP| D&C for missed miscarriage 1/25/17
    •  April 2017 - TI #3, 100mg Clomid BFP | CP 
    •  May/June 2017 - IVF#1 - BFP - Due 3/7/18

• Loading the player...
    23 Weeks! Grapefruit, or a Barbie doll according to my app.

2-How are you feeling?
    Very pregnant. Baby is kicking up a storm constantly! Heartburn has finally reared its ugly head and tums aren't cutting it, so I think I'm going to ask for Zantac.

Flying to a meetup with some friends from my first BMB on Friday! Very excited to see my ladies again. My next appointment is on the 20th.

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I am getting so excited to have this baby. Being so close to viability is making it feel so real!

5-(stolen from Friday) 
    I hope this baby is a healthy eater, because I'm bad at that. I hope this baby values education because DH was bad at that!

Pregnancy Ticker
    21 weeks...endive/least weasel (wth is that?), bok choy

2-How are you feeling?
    Pretty good, although I've definitely been tired this week. I'm blaming on the time change as much as the pregnancy! Decided to be proactive about my anxiety and I have my first appt with a new therapist next week. And today my hips and lower back feel really tight and sore, almost like I've worked out. (I have not.  :D )

Nope, not until next week!

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Still trying to figure out what to do childcare-wise once I go back to work. We're debating a nanny share because a lot of the daycares around us only have the option for 5 days a week, and we likely won't need that. (I don't work on Mondays right now and I doubt that would change.) Have any of y'all used a nanny share?

5-(stolen from Friday) 
    I hope he doesn't get my indecisiveness! It drives DH crazy and I think it would drive me crazy, too if it wasn't me. I hope he doesn't get DH's disinterest in reading. He didn't read much as a kid with his parents and really only enjoys it if a book really grabs him or it's work-related. (Bizarre, I know.) I love to read so I hope he's like me in that department. :)
    24 weeks!! Viable baby :) yay. CANTALOPE

2-How are you feeling?
    Hungry, tired. Excittttted and starting to plan what I need...finally.

saw my OB yesterday. Gonna do my glucose screening test soon. All is well with doctor per yesterday. :)

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    work is stressing me out but trying to keep at it before mat leave. People are insenstive and I am very sensitive. Lol

5-NEW for Nov 15 (I edited this post from last week vs cut and paste new one) How are your feet doing? Do you think you will need to buy bigger shoes/boots for cooler weather or are you going to make do/get creative with what you have?
    so... It is freezing where I live and snow is on the way. My feet get swollen mid day. I'm going to buy a boot one size larger. I don't know about turning flip flops into big winter shoes. Lol but I've seen it!!
    24 weeks, I think all of us who post to this thread have the same due date :)  Cantaloupe!

2-How are you feeling?
    Had either allergies or a bad cold the past week and feeling miserableeeee, no sleep!  But no pregnancy related ailments. Crib comes this week which makes things feel more real.

Still 2 more weeks until the glucose screen

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I love my DH and he is so happy about everything, but also so confused. I just want him to make me dinner, or offer to pick dinner up, or acknowledge that my body and emotions are totally out of whack and I can't keep up with everything. He watched me make him a panini last night, while deathly ill, after work, laundry, taking the dog to the vet, and had the audacity to remind me to butter the bread first. He burnt is mouth on the first bite, so that made it a little better.  B)

My shoe size doesn't seem to have changed, but my boots are definitely tighter on top and the sides.  I also have calves now which I haven't had in my entire life, always had chicken legs, so not sure how I feel about it!
    *TW*
    me 34  |  him 37 | 
     married 6/6/15
    •  September 2016 - TI #1 | 100mg Clomid w/ injections, BFP | 6w4d: Ectopic surgery, removed left tube

• Missed this last week!

1-How far along are you? 
    How big is baby? 23 weeks, grapefruit

2-How are you feeling? Officially measuring 5 weeks ahead, which is good for twins so that's cool. I feel terrible though because I have horrible insomnia (was also an issue pre-pregnancy, comes and goes depending on anxiety level which is very high lately). Last night I took benadryl and still didn't sleep, like, at all. 

3-What's going on this week? Any appointments? I have a growth monitoring ultrasound on Monday, plus GD screening coming up. 

4-Rants/Raves/Questions: I just need to get some sleep. 

I'm gonna make do with what I have and pray my feet don't grow. :#
  • @vflux33 same boat over here!  I pulled out every sleep/drowsy medication we have and googled it to see if I could take it. nothing but benadryl, which i hate.  just want to drink some nyquil but no can do!!!  :'(
    *TW*
    me 34  |  him 37 | 
     married 6/6/15

22 weeks...coconut or guinea pig!  :D

2-How are you feeling?
    Pretty good! Anxiety is still there but better because I started to feel this little guy on Monday. Honestly other than being ravenous and having a stuffed up nose every morning, my symptoms have calmed down a lot. Enjoying it while it lasts!

I have my monthly appointment on Friday. Definitely going to ask them to check my iron because I'm still cold most of the time.

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I'm just over work at the moment. Can't wait to be off for the majority of next week for Thanksgiving so I can (hopefully) get my head back in the game. Also my coworker is still annoying me so much that I want to slap him.

So far I haven't noticed any swelling at all, whether in my hands or feet. Everything still feels great shoe-wise, so I'm going to try and just gut it out. It doesn't get so cold in GA that I'll need snow boots or anything to make it until March, thankfully.
  • Missed the last two weeks! 

1-How far along are you? 
    How big is baby?
    22 weeks! Coconut/ Guinea Pig sized

2-How are you feeling?
    Pretty good, a lot of soreness from stretching in the abdomen, and stiffness which I attribute to all the driving we've had to do lately. 

Nothing this week. We had our anatomy scan last week and found out we're having a healthy baby boy! So excited about that <3

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Soooo tired of our insane schedule. My DH and I had to drive 6hrs both ways to Oklahoma last week, and we'll have to drive up again on Sunday, work all day Monday and maybe Tuesday and drive back before Wednesday traffic hell for Thanksgiving with my folks, who are 8hrs away from OKC.  :s  I hate sitting in the car for that many hours! It makes me constipated, stiff all over, and makes my hips feel like hell. 

5-(I missed last week, so I'm going to answer both on here)
    Name one trait you hope baby does NOT get from you and one that you hope baby does NOT get from your SO. I hope my kid doesn't get my height( I'm 5'1).  I hope my kid also doesn't get my DH indifference to reading. I love reading, and my DH just doesn't enjoy it as much as I do. I plan on reading to my baby as much as possible while he grows up! <3 
    NEW for Nov 15  How are your feet doing? Do you think you will need to buy bigger shoes/boots for cooler weather or are you going to make do/get creative with what you have? My regular everyday shoes are still ok to wear, but almost all of my nice dress shoes are unwearable right now. No heels at all for me! Which I am totally Ok with, my feet would hurt terribly wearing them before I was preggers, so I don't even bother now. I found a nice pair of boots to wear with leggings that don't hurt my feet, which is perfect for my winter pregnancy.