February 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms | 11.6

I had an unexpected 20 minute walk this morning and now I'm in pain.

How are you guys?
Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Weekly Symptoms | 11.6

• I am just hot all the time. When I was pregnant with DS, we just kept our house super cool.  I feel bad doing that now bc DS will freeze.  
    night_nursebabymakes9katefb17
  • @magnolia305 DH told me this morning he's going to have to bring an extra blanket to bed because he was so cold last night. I just shrugged. Sorry man, but I slept like a rock last night for the first time in ages. 

Heartburn, gas and general aches and pains still. Nothing too bad, but I'm starting to get uncomfortable. My boobs are giant and I've started developing what look like acne in my cleavage. Its weird and itchy and I hate it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Tired. Sleep well maybe every other night. Probably because the prior night left me exhausted. The heaviness at days end leaves me feeling like I’m always peeing my pants. constipates and hemorrhoids oh my! And I’m on day day 2 of a headache. Finally
    took some Tylenol. Couldn’t deal anymore. Fingers crossed. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Feeling better than last night. Random migraines that kick your ass are no fun under the best of circumstances but random migraines while pregnant are no fun. Can't take Vicodin and can't even have any pot which usually works. No point in taking Tylenol...thats like taking a sugar pill in the effectiveness on a migraine. Did get some sleep and that seems to have helped but I'm hoping like hell it stays away today.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• +1 for killer migraine.  I’m usually fairly well controlled with my migraine meds, but none of them are ok right now.  I ran out of the mildly helpful prescription my OB gave me and paying for not making it to the pharmacy today.  The heartburn is a close second.  Really close to cutting out on work this afternoon.
  • My lower back hurts, my ribs are sore, and the muscles in my side feel like they're pulling most of the time. It hurts when DD leans on my stomach which is pretty much all the time! If I can get comfortable I sleep okay but I tend to wake up several times at night. It's a bummer. February is so close yet so far. 
  • Yes yes yes to everything @ash0625 said. And +1 for @SarahFoley725 ‘s sore ribs and side pain. 

Did a prenatal yoga class on Saturday and don’t know if it was too hot in the studio, I pushed myself too hard, or I didn’t eat enough that morning, but got super sweaty and light-headed. I had to leave class and ate a cookie to feel better, then spent the rest of the Day freaking out because I didn’t feel as much movement as I did earlier in the day. LO was kicking up a storm this morning, so I’m feeling much better.
  • @babybro218 - I did a beginner yoga class in the heat, and I am not putting myself through that torture again! I was so sweaty and hot! I've been to one Stretch and Restore type of yoga class (no heat), and plan on doing that when I can. I had the same reaction when I did the hot yoga class - didn't feel LO, so I freaked out!
    babybro218
  • Copied from last weeks Weekly Symptoms because I can’t do anything correct right now...

Irritability, feeling full all the time and SI joint pain. 

So effing irritable right now with many potential causes. I don’t ever think I’ve ever felt like this and it sucks. Hoping I can snap out of it quickly or else DH will probably kick me out (not really, but I can understand if he wanted to). 

I ate 2 pieces of pizza last night and was so uncomfortable it was ridiculous. We were at my sister’s and she has leather couches and chairs. No recliners or rockers, and in my opinion, they suck butt! I ended up just going to bed and began stretching to try and help out my SI joint discomfort. 

I’m just about 25 weeks..it’s going to be a long 14 weeks if things don’t start feeling better.  
  • MAN heartburn. 

Also, I keep getting these sharp stabbing pain in my side. I’m wondering if she’s morning somehow messing with scar tissue from my gallbladder surgery. 
  • Been doing physically ok this past week symptoms wise.

Finally gave in and started anxiety medication on the weekend so hopefully that will help with my mental state  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    TattoosandLacenight_nurse
  • Been doing physically ok this past week symptoms wise.

Finally gave in and started anxiety medication on the weekend so hopefully that will help with my mental state  
    I know you were struggling.  I hope the anxiety meds help.
  • +1 for heartburn. I'm eating only bland foods and kept pushing dinner earlier. Finally, last week I just started going to bed around midnight-1am. I have to wake up 5 hours later... but before I was waking up after a couple hours with awful reflux/heartburn and would have to stay upright for a couple hours until it went away. So I'm actually getting more sleep, and it's consecutive hours, so I actually feel better rested.

I take DD to a science museum for a class early every Monday morning, and we stay and play in the museum (AKA I chase DD while she darts around and tumbles off of things) for the rest of the day. Today I got home and am so sore and swollen I can barely move. Might have to cut back to half days from here out. Which makes me so sad because Mondays are the BEST. The museum keeps DD busy and happy all day, we get home, have dinner, and DD passes out and sleeps like a rock.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    babymakes9
  • Need to add low belly cramps (under my bump) to the list. 
    rainafire77night_nurse
  • +1 to feeling hot all the time. 

I also am having back pain, but up between my shoulder pains, so not a worry, but a good reminder I still have to contact my chiropractor.

Also, ravenous again. Like 6 meals a day and I don't mean small meals!
  • @pandappanderson good on your for taking care of your mental health.  I began experiencing anxiety at the beginning of the second trimester and have been on meds since 17 weeks.  I hope you feel relief soon!
    pandappanderson
  • I really need to stop googling symptoms. I put in "migraine at 24 weeks" and now I'm getting a headache over whether or not I have preeclampsia. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @rainafire77 Google is evil!  I let DH do all the googling so I don't freak out.
    rainafire77jlcrunchberry
  • I had been feeling so good but this week is kicking my butt! Also second day with the migraine, I am exhausted, cramping under my bump, super sore down there when I wake up. I hope this is just a temporary thing, but I'm doubting it is!
    night_nurse
  • Also still losing a ton of hair. I've got pretty thin spots on my head. It's awful! All of my levels are normal and this happened last time too, it just started so much later. 
  • +1 for unprovoked irritability and
    +1 for hip pain while sleeping

i miss sleeping on my back so much!
  • Dear god the heartburn! I'm currently sitting up in bed waiting for the tums to kick in and it feels like all the stomach acid is in my throat! 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @SarahFoley725 I lost a bunch of hair too this pg! Mine started right when the second trimester started. Mine finally seems to be back to normal the last couple of weeks, but it's definitely noticeably thinner. This didn't happen to me last pg while I was actually pg, just pp, so it freaked me out when it started. OB had told me it was normal, just uncommon during pg.

Since this also happened to you last pg, did you also lose hair pp? I'm worried I'll be bald at the end of all this :'(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The RLP sometimes is debilitating. I was walking in to my building this morning and it felt like someone stabbed me in the ovary with a knife and was slowly twisting it. I was adjusting my bags to see if changing weight distribution helped, but it did not. I was hoping my grimacing face wouldn't draw too much attention. Then as soon as I stopped walking to wait for the elevator the pain stopped. Three more months....
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @rainafire77 - Yep. Me too. I woke up feeling like I was choking. My back hurts this morning from trying to sleep sitting up. 
    rainafire77
  • @SarahFoley725 I lost a bunch of hair too this pg! Mine started right when the second trimester started. Mine finally seems to be back to normal the last couple of weeks, but it's definitely noticeably thinner. This didn't happen to me last pg while I was actually pg, just pp, so it freaked me out when it started. OB had told me it was normal, just uncommon during pg.

Since this also happened to you last pg, did you also lose hair pp? I'm worried I'll be bald at the end of all this :'(
    Yes, I did still lose hair PP! It felt really unfair to lose it during and after. I ended up cutting it all off and that's seemed to help. I don't know if the weight of it is a contributing factor or if it's because I had/have it up so much. 
  • Dear god the heartburn! I'm currently sitting up in bed waiting for the tums to kick in and it feels like all the stomach acid is in my throat! 
    +1 for heartburn.  Had to sleep on the couch propped up last night bc it was so bad when I laid down.  
    rainafire77
  • @rainafire77 That sucks about the migraine, but any excuse to use a David Bowie/Labyrinth gif is a win in my books!

rainafire77
  • The hot flashes and light headed spells are starting over here. I had them really bad with DS but so far have been ok with this one. Hopefully they aren’t as frequent because they make it hard to get stuff done when I have to keep sitting down and drinking ice water.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • babybro218babybro218 member
    edited November 2017
    +1 for debilitating RLP.  @winnie1122 that sounds like what happened to me during yoga on Sunday. It’s horrible and scary, and, of course now I’m freaking out that it hurt the baby. He wasn’t moving as much as usual Sunday night, but he’s back to doing back flips on my cervix today.

ETA because spelling is hard.
  • Uugghghh. Why do I have heart burn right now? I've been sitting at my desk all day, I haven't had anything to eat in five hours, and I ate a tums. I'm gurgling and burning and grumpy. 
    chucksmom15rainafire77
  • ash0625 said:
    Uugghghh. Why do I have heart burn right now? I've been sitting at my desk all day, I haven't had anything to eat in five hours, and I ate a tums. I'm gurgling and burning and grumpy. 
    I've had three tums today. I even stuck to bland food and still...I don't remember having this last time.

Are we all syncing up on our symptoms like women in a group sync their periods?

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

chucksmom15magnolia305night_nursekatefb17
  • Add me to the heartburn list. It was so bad it was interfering with my sleep,I called the OB and she recommended Pepcid AC, which has been helping.

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

babymakes9rainafire77chucksmom15
  • My heartburn has been the most awful and persistent symptom of this pregnancy. It started around 11 weeks and hasn't let up (going into 27 weeks now). It gets so bad that I am spitting up bile and it's just horrible. The best advice I have is: pre treat with a daily medicine like Rantidine (Zantac) and avoid anything too acidic (obviously , I know that's not ground breaking). If I wait to take medicine once it acts up, it's not that effective. Also, small meals help and eating slowly somehow helps as well! Those are my findings after 16 weeks of this crap but I know different strokes for different pregnant folks 
    rainafire77babybro218alemarie1
  • ash0625 said:
    Uugghghh. Why do I have heart burn right now? I've been sitting at my desk all day, I haven't had anything to eat in five hours, and I ate a tums. I'm gurgling and burning and grumpy. 
    I get bad heartburn if I haven't eaten recently. 
  • ash0625 said:
    I've had three tums today. I even stuck to bland food and still...I don't remember having this last time.

Probably. I wish we could sync up on the "glow" part of pregnancy. I'm not glowing and I feel lied to.
    rainafire77babybro218chucksmom15babymakes9
  • ash0625 said:9
    Probably. I wish we could sync up on the "glow" part of pregnancy. I'm not glowing and I feel lied to.
    The only glow I have is from sweating! So hot! 
    jlcrunchberryrainafire77babybro218lucylou214
  • Another debilitating RLP episode walking into work this morning. Pressing on it made it worse, and bending over made it excruciating. I'm going to ask my doctor about it tomorrow, because now I'm paranoid thinking it's a hernia.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• I’m going to ask my doctor about something for this heartburn/reflux. I’m literally choking on it every night. 
    rainafire77
  • @TattoosandLace thats how it was for. I take Zantac every night before bed, chew up a tums or two, and feel better at night. This has no solved my afternoon problems and I can't remember if I can take one at night and one during the day, but I'm sleeping better.