Married: June 2013
TTC#1: January 2015
BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
TTC#2: June 2017
BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18

Re: FFFC 11/3

• Loading the player...
  • @justkeeptrying I’m kind of dreading when P doesn’t have appointments every 3 months that I can just rely on! Eventually I’m going to be in the same boat as you  :D
  • @ShawnnaO, that's exactly the problem! DH said "well just get it at his next appointment" and I said "in May????"
  • ashleyf911ashleyf911 member
    edited November 2017
    @justkeeptrying Same. I got mine at my 20wk appointment otherwise I probably wouldn't have it yet. I just gotta work up the motivation now to call the pediatrician for DS.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited November 2017
    My confession: Every time someone jumps on a new person posting, in one of those "I'm not rude, I'm honest. I said please." ways...I side eye and hope that isn't how they plan on speaking to their children. 

What's wrong with a gentle redirect?

Not directed at anyone, I promise. It's just a thing that's prevalent throughout TB.

Edited: TB, please fix your auto incorrect. 
  • I haven't graded anything in two weeks.  I can feel death glares from my students.
  • edited November 2017
    @amylonghorn I'm gonna need to know what you're talking about.  For reasons.
  • DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited November 2017
    @DDRRT1982 I’ve been taki for pictures of the stuff they do with the hope that maybe someday I will make a photo book of them. Then off in the recycling they go
    I have seen this idea before and think it's great.  Maybe oneday I can do something like that.  I do take pictures of the artwork I am particularly proud of and post it on  the blog I have for them.  I hope they enjoy having digital versions too. 

That reminds me of another FFFC I have.  Other than professional pictures, I have nothing printed.  I have lots of grand plans, but now I feel overwhelmed with the thousands of pictures.  It's just easier to stay on top of stuff.
    Edit to remove weird dash sign
  • syssa-o said:
    @LaurenAnn0405 you just made me LOL for real and I never actually lol. 

FFFC: H thinks I work very hard when doing overnight shifts so I pretty much get a free pass on doing shit the day of. I work for about 2 hours but I Netflix for about 6. Then I’ll sleep the majority of tomorrow to recuperate and prepare for the next overnight. 
    Regardless of work effort on an overnight shift, that schedule is brutal.  I did nights for all of nine months before I told my boss I had to go to days.  It wasn't worth the money and my quality of life suffered.  Mad props to anyone who can do nights regularly.  You deserve the re-coop time.
  • I want to just start throwing everything away that piles up on my counters, nightstands, dressers and tables. I’m so tired of feeling overwhelmed by shit everywhere. And I can’t seem to find a balance between cleaning my house and doing things as a family. 
    DITTO! I feel like my house is trashed, all of the time! I also have to rebuild the bedroom in the back of the house and it's FULL of storage items that needs cleaned out and I am ready to just throw it all away just to get it cleaned out. I hate the feeling of being overwhelmed, I tend to just shut down. ugh! 

• I want to just start throwing everything away that piles up on my counters, nightstands, dressers and tables. I’m so tired of feeling overwhelmed by shit everywhere. And I can’t seem to find a balance between cleaning my house and doing things as a family. 
    Maybe look into minimalism.  It helps.  Obviously by my FFFC I haven't applied the practices to my children's artwork, but for the rest of my life I have.  The Art of Tidying Up is a recommended book.  FB also has great groups.
  • @mdfarmchick @kelsajo I actually started to just throw, or recycle, shit left out. If it's broken, I toss it. If it's my child's useless Mcdonald's toys he played with once, I toss it. If it's something semi important, like Pokemon cards, I put it on the stairs. If it's not put away by bedtime, I toss it. And guess how many times people have noticed their "important" shit is gone. Never.
     I never actually throw away important stuff though (i.e. bills, forms, etc.) 
  • @DDRRT1982 yeah it is fairly taxing but mostly because I do about 3/4 overnights a week and I do about 5 (very short) day shifts and I’m facing for real pregnancy exhaustion. We do our schedule a month at a time so I’ve said that I’m no longer available for overnights come December. This also works because H’s work offers him lots of overtime for plowing and salting and his overtime rate is about 5x what I make hourly. It would be silly for him to have to turn it down because I was working. Sooo just a few more weeks. 
  • @notthefather I’ve always loved ideas like that. I’m the worst for tossing the majority of stuff. I tend to do a craft with him for every holiday and we stash those. I’m sure once he does more self directed stuff we will keep a few extra things (ie first time he draws our family or something like that) but I think this idea is awesome. 
  • FFFC:  sometimes I want to say Effffffff YOUUUUUUU to the English language.  Merriam-Webster, sometimes you just ask for too much!  TOO MUCH!

(pissed-offness stemming from having no ever-loving clue there was a difference in spelling for references to stones versus gold.  SO DUMB.)

***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• @justkeeptrying I have days like that all the time. But when the time comes you’re going to adjust and having two will be second nature. Hugs  <3
  • FFFC...  I literally kept ALL the things from DS, I’ve saved maybe 1/16 with DD.  :| That said, I got back through their little plastic file cabinet once a year-ish and continue to toss. DS still has tons saved that he isn’t going to care about I’m sure...... 

Picture wise I make them yearly Shutterfly books and I have the Groovebook app for 100 pic prints a month. Not great quality, but cheap and at least I’m printing something??? 

Also, I’m missing the excitement on the other BMB I think!