Greetings and Salutations — The Bump
Pregnant after a Loss

Greetings and Salutations

Hi all!  I'm a long-time lurker on this board, but I wanted to take the time introduce myself and become an active participant in this community.  (General TW for the rest of this thread.)

My name is Ashley and I'm 28 years old.  My husband and I started TTC as soon as we got married in April 2016; because of my hyper-Type-A-ness and issues with anxiety, it involved a lot of crying and stress from the get-go.  We got a BFP in June, had two early ultrasounds, and all seemed to be going well: I had a small blood clot in my uterus, but was told it would most likely not be problematic.  When I went for my next ultrasound at 11 weeks, 6 days, we were told we'd experienced a MMC: there was no heartbeat and the baby was only measuring 7 weeks, 6 days.

I took misoprostol to expedite my body catching on to the miscarriage, but was told at my next appointment that the miscarriage was still incomplete.  Because my experience with the pill was so garishly hellish, I decided on expectant management from there on out.  I bled for two full months before actually passing the gestational sac, and had problems with my period and breakthrough bleeding for another two months after that.  As bad as the physical trauma was, the mental was worse.  There was lots of crying and therapy and kissing my dogs.

In January, I went under the care of a new ob/gyn and my cycle normalized; in April, we got another BFP.  Three days later, I started spotting: originally, I told myself it was implantation bleeding, but two days later, the reality became harder to ignore.  My doctor had us go to the hospital (mostly because of how hysterical I'd become), and we were diagnosed with a chemical pregnancy.

That second loss gave my husband and I access to an amazing team of RE's who ran every test in the book on us.  The conclusion: there was no identifiable medical reason for our losses.  In June, I started taking progesterone, and we got our third BFP later that same cycle.

I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with a little girl.  All tests and scans thus far have shown she's healthy and growing and wonderful.  As scared as I am that she may not make it into my arms, I'm thankful for all the good news we've gotten and all the milestones we've hit so far: the fact that I'm showing, the fact that we're past the halfway mark, the fact I can feel her kick!

I'm active in my BMB, but really wanted to come here to play a role in reviving this board.  When I first got pregnant this current time, I was too scared to post in any forum, but it was so reassuring to hear the experiences of people here who were persevering after loss and supporting each other every step of the way.  I'm proud to be a part of this community, and I'm excited to get to know all of you!
magnolia305lisa2589