July 2018 Moms

How did you ‘know’?

I thought it would be fun to share if you had a gut feeling you were pregnant before you tested.  If you did, was there something that happened that made you think... yeah I have to be pregnant. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
They will be forever missed. <3
   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How did you ‘know’?

• Mine is kind of weird. I got a Charlie horse in my leg stretching in the morning. Two days later I got my BFP. I’ve only ever gotten them while pregnant, so it was a great surprise to be right with my gut feeling, even if my husband made fun.

• Loading the player...
  • @celainev isn’t it kind of crazy having that feeling of just knowing? I agree, I had no idea I was pregnant with my first and was surprised when I tested.

• @christycalifornia - I peed on a stick this morning before my 2nd beta to see if the line got darker. I get it. :)

• @bdesterhouse Oh man! You do, indeed. *solidarity*
  • I had a touch of weird yellow cm I get around the time I implanted- I've noticed it with all 3 of my pregnancies. And I've had crazy dreams since very early too! Sure enough 8 DPO I got a FRER squinter. When you know, you know. 
  • mamabird18mamabird18 member
    edited November 2017
    Constipation unfortunately... haha!!
  • I just felt like I knew immediately after we did the deed....been like that with one other pg I had (unfortunately I miscarried that one), then I got nauseous in waves very lightly at first...then started feeling super moody and crying at my favourite songs..that was my big warning lol.
  • I was super emotional on Monday. I thought it was because of my son's first day of daycare (after having a nanny for the first year). My husband called me at work to tell me about pickup, and I was SO upset I didn't get to be there for pickup. My coworker walked in as I got off the phone and I broke down crying - very unlike me at work. Then that night I had super strange dreams and was doing some sleep talking according to my husband. With those two things combined, I woke up Tuesday knowing I had to test. 
  • This was a weird start to pregnancy for me. I feel like I kind of just knew with my other two and didn’t have many symptoms early on. This time my first inkling was when I ate 3 pieces of cold pizza because it was SO GOOOD!! And then I had crazy heartburn for the rest of the afternoon. I took a test either a day or two before or after that and it was positive but faint enough that I thought it might be an evap line, so I waited a couple days and sure enough! 
  • I started noticing my body was acting 'different' I felt way more tired than usual. Like I'd go to bed and think I would be getting enough sleep to barely wanting to get out of bed, or having a super hard time waking up. I then started to feel left sided cramps/abdominal pain, which usually when AF shows up she hits both side, and hits them hard. The of course the breast tenderness in the shower, oh mylanta! 
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • I only tested because I was having a bad day and I wanted to be able to enjoy a huge glass of wine that evening. The only thing I really noticed before that (beyond my standard PMS symptoms) was that I wasn't bloated before AF was due. 
  • @quiltandknit Same! I was sure it was a BFN and didn't want to be "surprised" by AF today!! 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • I was waiting for my husband to bring be a cheeseburger on Friday night and I was starving and had a sudden wave of nausea that felt exactly like morning sickness (this is my 2nd pregnancy), and was pretty certain I was  KTFU at that point.  The test I took the next day was negative, but by Sunday it was positive.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @acunamatada the weird dreams started super early for me too, like a week before my BFP
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Heartburn, lots of it! I also cried at the drop of hat while doing a sale for my DS business for NO reason! Im not a crier so this was weird and awkward HA! Those two things made me question it and sure enough the next day I had a faint BFP. It took a few days to sink in.
  • I made a dip for a get together and the smell of it was making me SO nauseous. I also started getting a "letdown" feeling that you get when you nurse in my boobs. I knew something was up!
  • During my last pregnancy I had some pretty strong aversion to anything "meat". The night before I tested my mom made a roast and it grossed me out immediately so I knew.
  • emsnedemsned member
    edited November 2017
    @kinslersmom 3.5 years of trying?! I'm so happy for you!!! Congratulations to all of us! 
  • @kinslersmom way to go, you! I was going nuts after a year and a half, I can't even imagine! So happy you got your bfp!
  • How wonderful @kinslersmom!!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @kinslersmom Congratulations!! So happy for you, such a little blessing <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was getting really thirsty at night and got hot, then I had nausea for two days in a row, hadn’t missed a period yet but figured if I was pregnant enough to feel sick I was pregnant enough to take a test and got a BFP. Last pregnancy, I felt a tingling in my tummy and turns out my DD implanted on the front. No tingling this time so I assume this one implanted normally. 
  • I almost asked a friend to pick up pregnancy tests for me because they are impossible to find in our remote village. Should have asked :) got tested at our clinic made an emergency trip to the doctor to get tested again and a prescription for progesterone. 
  • I cramp super early in pregnancy. I did it with my first but since it was my first I didn't really know until I missed the period that it was a thing. My second which I ended up losing I started cramping like 4 days after sex. My husband thought I was nuts but I just knew. This time I actually did't cramp as much, but I've also been very busy and the cramping is usually very light so its possible I just wasn't paying as much attention. I actually took a test today because I'm going to a social event tomorrow with alcohol and AF was a day late so I figured I should be sure, and there it was!
  • A few months ago I was SO sure I was pregnant! Nausea, AF a week late, sore boobs etc... But I tested several times - all negative! When i woke up one morning with a really sharp pain and went to the doctor, she said it was a ruptured cyst.
    This time I've had lots of mild cramping and have been exhausted...but was also getting over jetlag and thought nothing of it. When AF was late again I didn't want to get my hopes up, thinking a cyst may have thrown my hormones off again. I was shocked but thrilled when i finally tested last week and the clearblue said 2-3 weeks!!!! SO excited! But I'm also worried now...this is my first pregnancy and after feeling your typical handful of symptoms for a couple weeks have had 2 days of feeling nothing! I have energy, an appetite, and the gas and constipation is gone. Hope I haven't lost it!!! 
  • @/babybetweencountries During my first pregnancy I went through twenty thousand symptoms, emotions, and concerns. Things can change so fast that sometimes you forget what was going on in the first place. The best thing to do is stay hopeful, do everything you feel is right and enjoy this experience! There's always much to worry about, but remain hopeful. Its worth it.

For this round, I just suspected I was. I had bought test three weeks ago and just had to wait til it got close to my period to see yes. My first child I dreamed about before I knew. He was conceived during a rough marriage. They showed me with the baby and in the dreams I knew I was a single-mom. I feel like the dreams were my way of telling me, "You'll be alone in this; yes it will be hard, but you can do it."

This time around I've not had any dreams (which I'm totally sad about!) But I'm in a much better point in my life to where I know no matter what things are going to be great.

Overall, this go around I just felt like I was and I was right. There were weird things like one day I ate a whole pizza by myself. But not definite signs like I've had the past week (sore boobs, constipation, constant peeing, giggliness, strange food preferences, etc.)

• We messed up right around ovulation and my period was late. That’s it. I still don’t really feel pregnant, aside from being tired. But I absolutely understand each and every “I just knew” symptoms. I’ve “known” with my past 3 kids before ever testing positive. From vivid dreams to food aversions and crazy emotions. When you know you know. This is the first time I still feel like my normal non-pregnant self, which I must admit is a little scary for some reason. I feel like I should be feeling more at this point.  :*
  • A week before my period was expected my boobs got really sore and felt inflated, so much so that it was hard zipping my jacket up. I was also super bloated in my waistline and couldn't zip my pants up!  My usual week of migraine also came a week early. 
  • Positive test.. I didn't feel different. We had been trying so around the time I knew AF should be coming I took a test& it was positive!
  • @Crystal321 lol at your kids can be creepy comment. Yes, yes they can.