July 2018 Moms

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• Hello all!  Congrats to everyone!

First time human mama here...Husband and I got the BFP on October 28!  I think my due date will be July 5.  The docs around here won't see us till we are 8-10 weeks from LMP.  Kinda crazy to me... but we are super excited for December 4th!  
    I think 8-10 weeks is pretty standard, believe it or not. Mine is the same. I know it’s tough to wait but hang in there! 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @furmama1986 I don't know how I missed what stlmegs commented on! Yeah, I remember being really surprised my first pregnancy, too, that I wouldn't be seen until 8 weeks. I almost died waiting! But yeah, totally normal. It's because the baby's pretty much not big enough to see before then except in very rare cases, and they like to check for a heartbeat. Most insurances limit the number of ultrasounds they'll cover, so they like to make em count. If you look on the US thread, you'll see mine at exactly six weeks and there's no visible baby, just a sac, so I'm going back at 8 weeks. The only reason my doc saw me sooner was because of a previous loss, to check everything is looking good. Hang in there! Waiting is the worst!
  • Loading the player...
  • This is almost exactly my situation! Carly is 15 months (born July 22) and estimated due date is July 12!.

1. @KellyFM522 What do you do in genealogy? My boss recently did an ancestry DNA test and found out she's 47% Ashkenazi Jewish, whereas both of her brothers were 74% Italian (she grew up Italian). She then did the 23 and Me test and got the same result. She knows her mom was engaged to a Jewish boy before she married my boss's father, so shes prettt sure the man she thought was her father wasn't! Anyway, she's been talking about hiring someone to help her sort this all out.  How crazy, right?! 
    2. Thanks for easing my mind!  All this "new" stuff can be a little scary at times.  
    3. Oh my gosh, I’ve been waiting for this month club to open for a a WEEK!! Hi everyone! I’m Christy, life-long Californian recently relocated to Colorado. I’m 33, married for 11 years, and a teacher-turned student-turned reluctant SAHM due to the move messing up my credits. This is my third time through the Bump birth clubs; I was April14 with my first daughter, and was known as BiggerinRealLife back then before all TB drama went down. I was on May18 for about two weeks but I lost that baby at 7 weeks. Got my extremely faint bfp this month at exactly 4 weeks, which is really early for me, and had blood drawn just to be sure. We've been TTC for a year and a half, and  we're really hoping this baby will stick around this time! Theoretically due July 3rd.

Glad to be here, with all you beautiful ladies!
      Oh that bump drama of 2014. I remember it well. 

Sorry for your loss. 
    4. @canucklehead123 I'm 27 next month& on my first pregnancy too! I definetly know what you mean about the excited but nervous feeling!
    5. @pretzellover welcome!! Excited to have you join us! 
      April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

6. @pretzellover Welcome! I also live in NYC and have a pug!!!! I posted his picture on the fur baby check in!! 
    7. @catftm2018 thx! I haven't checked out that thread yet but will now! Small (big) world!
    8. @comealongponds love your s/n!! Are you excited for 13?? 
    9. @magzor thank you! I'm super excited for 13, I can't wait!
      run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
      Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    10. @comealongponds I read it's not coming back until fall 2018. This Christmas special better be AMAZING. 
    11. yay more dr lovers!! 

12. Hi everyone! 
      I’m a second time mom due some time in early July, but I may go early. I have PCOS so my doctor has yet to give me a due date. I’m a senior leader in a large company and my family recently moved to Cincinnati from the NYC area for my job. My husband works part time and is an amazing SAHD.

I am petrified for good reason. *TW* my first is almost six, when I was pregnant with her I had gestational diabetes, hypertension and pre-eclampsia. She was delivered via emergency csection where they couldn’t wait for my husband, so I was alone for the surgery.  She was in the NICU for 33 days and suffered a stroke at birth. Over the past few years we have had several diagnosis and treatments. She’s had multiple surgeries including a Gtube. Through exome sequencing we found she has a rare genetic condition. That is a sponteous mutation and not passed from us.  It’s taken a long time to be ready for #2, but she tube free, in kindergarten, potty trained and doing amazing!

So because of all of that, I have ptsd. I don’t go to baby showers,try to avoid other people’s newborns and cringe when people say “as long as it’s healthy”. /*TW

So, that’s me... despite everything I am very sarcastic (humor is my coping mechanism) and reesliant. 

Wow the PTSD is totally understandable.  So glad to hear she is doing well now. Welcome to the board and I hope you  have a smooth pregnancy and find any kind of support you need here!
      Meagan
      <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
      DS 11.8.12
       Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
    13. @aimsforyou2014 welcome! so sorry for your losses but so excited to have you join us! 

14. Hello ladies! I’m new to this board but not to the bump. Found out that we are expecting on Halloween at 12dpo and have an Edd of 7/9. 

This is will be baby #3 for me and #2 for hubby. I have a 16yo son from a previous relationship. My hubs and I have a 2.5 yo DD who is the love of our lives. She keeps us on our toes and we can only hope that baby 2.0 (3.0) is just like her!  

We we live in NJ right by Joint Base MDL. I was a bookkeeper until recently accepting a job with the Sate of NJ as a Senior Clerk. Hubs works for our township in the Streets & Roads deptartment. We have 2 dogs and 3 ducks. 

Just wanted to say hello! 

Rainbow Baby! BFP 02/20/2018 EDD 11/01/2018
      BFP 10/31/2017 EDD 07/09/2018 Miscarriage 11/28/2017
      DD # 1: BFP 5/22/2014  EDD 1/30/2015 Born 02/06/2015
      DS # 1: BFP 7/18/2000 EDD 3/27/2001 Born 4/1/01
    15. Hey @comealongponds! Long time no see. Glad to see you're doing so well! 
    16. Hiiiiiii @Kenya715!!
      run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
      Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    17. @artemis618 First off, great screen name. Second, I'm sorry for your loss. PGAL here, too. There are a lot of us, and the support on here has been great. I hope you jump in! Third, holla, native Californian! I tell you, I am REGRETTING not having In n Out this pregnancy. Single/Double with light onion, ketchup mustard instead of spread was my LIFE last pregnancy! But I have a decent bathtub now, so trade-offs? Marin is so pretty! The place and the name! It's actually on my (long) list of baby names. :D Welcome to the board!