May 2018 Moms
Options

Team Green

Anyone else being Team Green?

What made you decide on being Teem Green this pregnancy? 

If you already have children, were you Team Green with them or how did you find out what their sex was?

How are you holding up on a scale of 1-10 of itching to find out (10 being you're ready to find out the sex like yesterday)?

Who do you think will be the anchor on staying Team Green, you or your partner?

How is your family taking you being Team Green this time around?

Re: Team Green

• Options
    We already have a boy and a girl so we figured "why not?" Hoping I can last!

If you already have children, were you Team Green with them or how did you find out what their sex was?
    We had the u/s tech write in an envelope. We drove straight to my mom's and gave her the envelope. That night, her and my aunt went to buy the appropriate balloons. In the morning we had a photo shoot at the park we did our engagement pictures at. I had previously decorated 2, 3'x3' boxes in white paint with blue and pink speckles and labeled them "baby a/b". They filled the boxes with balloons and a weight and the photographer took our photos as we opened each one. 
    It was definitely a little extra, but we went through heck to conceive and I wanted to live it up. And seriously, I love the photos!  I still look at them.
    And my mom had a great time knowing a whole day before us what the sexes were. And I know it was hard on her to keep quiet because DD is her first granddaughter after 3 grandsons. I guess it's good my aunt was in town visiting so she could talk to someone about it! 

How are you holding up on a scale of 1-10 of itching to find out (10 being you're ready to find out the sex like yesterday)?
    Right now, I'm doing ok, maybe a 3. I'm a little jealous of those who already found out, but not as much as I thought I'd be. I think the real test will be the anatomy scan.
    I think it'll be easier to not find out this time. Last time, I had a lot of ultrasounds. Like at the end I was having one or 2 a week.

DH will be. He's my anchor for everything. He knows it's importantto me in the long run so he'll try his hardest to keep me on our goal. Although, if I really really really wanted to know, he'd be ok with that too.
    We did agree that if something goes wrong or they find an issue further in pregnancy, we will find out the sex to give me some sanity and something to hold on to.

Honestly, I thought we'd get minor blow back since everyone has found out for our numerous nieces and nephews. No one batted an eye. They actually seem excited to wait it out and find out on the big day!
    We don't hold off on telling names or possible names to anyone so last go everyone knee DS' name and knew DD would be A or B since we didn't decide until we met her.
  • Options
    Meeeeee! But I need to stay strong!

We were for our last, and it was so much fun waiting to find out. My husband loved announcing to our family in the waiting room. On a practical side, nothing would change if we find out, aside from me going purchase crazy if it turns out to be a girl. The nursery is staying the same, and we have neutral clothes up to size 6 months

See above :)

My husband, but he convinced me to wait the first time and informed me that it's my decision if we are finding out this time. 

They seem to be taking it okay, aside from my grandma. 

As a side note, what I'm NOT looking forward to this time around are comments about what everyone things it is based on analyzing my body and whether I'm carrying this one differently
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @RachelT1234, I could not have done it with our first. So, many props to you!! I think you can do it again!

I didn't think that DH would get all the glory of announcing what it is! Maybe I'll make him just say "baby and momma are healthy, come with me to see them". Would that be rude???

And man, I didn't think of the intrusive "you're having a boy because of xyz". I guess we're "lucky" that they can't compare my belly to last time since it'll only be one babe, haha. I do have an rbf, so I'm hoping that'll help with strangers comments again.
  • Options
    We're team green, it's easy because I love everything about not knowing til their born. 

We didnt know for our first pregnancy, mostly because he was never in the right position,.

My my husband is 100% with me on this, so it's all good.

My family is cool with whatever. I have a fantastic family that is always cool with whatever we decide.

i have had a lady at church already tell me she thinks it's a boy because I'm "carrying low". I straight up told her I'm just fat and have a low hanging belly, so thanks. I was grumpy that day.

• Options
    @curleemama32, girl say what???
    That's rude! I'd have been snarky as well.

Do you guys have any inclination of what this baby is?
    I feel like it's a boy, DH is convinced it's a girl. We have no scientific way to have come to these conclusions, haha. And we don't believe in any of those old wives tales because of having b/g twin with almost matching heart rates.
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco I originally had a huge issue with not being present during the announcement, but then when family would take turns coming in and out, we would have had to have sworn them all to secrecy, and it turned into a big dilemma. The day we had our son, I truly did not care about announcing and all of that. My husband loved walking into the waiting room and announcing to everyone, "it's a boy!!!!". Everyone clapped and cheered, even strangers. Lol. The reaction would have been the same with either sex, but he got a kick out of it. 
  • Options
    There's so much instant gratification in the world, why no enjoy one of the last guaranteed surprises! (now lets see if I change my tune by the end lol)

We each have a son from our previous marriages. I was team green until the end and my u/s techs were great about not writing it in my file so even the drs didnt know until delivery (that was there was no accidental slips) My husband's ex didn't care to hear his opinion either way, so she found out and told him very early on

How are you holding up on a scale of 1-10 of itching to find out (10 being you're ready to find out the sex like yesterday)? I'm like a 2. I want to know, but I don't want to find out... does that make sense? I love being the first one to know with my son, the dr put him on my chest without checking so I got to tell the room that he was a boy. I want to do that again, but I really do want to know

Originally I said that if I ever had another I would find out since I suffered last time lol but my husband not getting a choice in the matter I said ok, I'll hold out again. Right now we're both kind of ok not knowing but I keep telling him it's his choice, I've gotten to wait, if he wants to find out before that's fine by me.

Our moms and my sister are not happy lol not in a bad way, they're just dying to know and between shopping and crafting they all feel the need to know the sex. Obviously it doesn't matter to any of us what it ends up being, but everyone, including our boys, is hoping for a girl
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    What made you decide on being Teem Green this pregnancy? When I’ve thought about kids and pregnancy, I was always in the “don’t want to know until birth” camp. It’s one true surprise! 

If you already have children, were you Team Green with them or how did you find out what their sex was? This is our first. 

How are you holding up on a scale of 1-10 of itching to find out (10 being you're ready to find out the sex like yesterday)? I’m holding strong at a 1 right now! All I care about is a healthy baby. 

Who do you think will be the anchor on staying Team Green, you or your partner? Definitely me. If it were up to DH, he would find out. 

How is your family taking you being Team Green this time around? It’s kind of funny, my dad said “you’re not going to find out are you?” Lol. I’m one of four and my parents never found out early. My SIL thinks I’m crazy and would be dying to know. 

Edited because I said I was at a 10 and meant a 1!  :D
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    I'm team green! (Or still trying to be! Haha)

We decided on being Teem Green this pregnancy because it's my first. We want a surprise and I want pushing motivation lol. What other times do you get a true surprise in your life? 

I feel like I'm an 8 right now!! I always said I didn't want to know, but now I do!!! I won't though.... 

My hubby is definitely the anchor. He wants a surprise and we always discussed that so I think he will keep strong and hold me to it. 

I think our family is pretty excited about the surprise! 
  • Options
    team green here!!

We found out last time so wanted to switch things up this time. 

We found out during her anatomy scan. I personally wasn't interested in participating in a sex reveal.

Pretty low- I'd say a 2? I thought I'd would for sure be itching hard core to know but I'm not. I opened that thread about the heartbeat old wives tail and freaked out a bit bc I don't want to know and now I'm paranoid that might give it away. That's kinda when I realized that I really am committed to this.

I think if I faulter, H will get me back on track. He's pretty good at helping me stick to things.

Haven't told them yet.
  • Options
    What made you decide on being Teem Green this pregnancy? we just wanted he surprise. We thought about it for our first and ended up caving and thought it would be a nice way to make his pregnancy a little special. 

If you already have children, were you Team Green with them or how did you find out what their sex was? for our son, we went to an US place that specifically tells you gender. Had them write it down and then we went out to dinner for my birthday at the restaurant we got married at. It was magical and sweet but I was incredibly shocked when we saw boy! 

How are you holding up on a scale of 1-10 of itching to find out (10 being you're ready to find out the sex like yesterday)? 6... I may have text H yesterday saying we should find out after reading he boy/gurl thread! 

Who do you think will be the anchor on staying Team Green, you or your partner? at the end of he day we both want that moment at birth so I know we’ll wait. Plus, that gets months of name talk with family and unwanted overly girly/masculine clothing. 

How is your family taking you being Team Green this time around? ah, they don’t seem to care other then the comments of, “oh, I’d never do that because I need to plan”.. okay! Glad you planned then! 
  • Options
    What made you decide on being Teem Green this pregnancy? I have never been a fan of people finding out ahead of time. I have also seen may friends decide on a name, have the baby, and then regret deciding on the name early. As long as the baby is healthy, I am happy, and as much as I hate surprises, this is one I'm glad to wait for.

If you already have children, were you Team Green with them or how did you find out what their sex was? N/A - This is my first.

How are you holding up on a scale of 1-10 of itching to find out (10 being you're ready to find out the sex like yesterday)? 1

Who do you think will be the anchor on staying Team Green, you or your partner? Me. Mu husband is fine with it, but he has said it would be neat to know ahead of time.

How is your family taking you being Team Green this time around? My mother understands. She did not find out with me or my youngest brother. My middle brother, she was told she was having a girl. And then had a boy. My MIL is not happy, but understands. We have not told many others yet, since I'm just 11 weeks today, so I really have no other feedback. I know my husband's aunts will be upset we're not finding out, because they "need a baby girl in the family." Too bad, so sad.
  • Options
    What made you decide on being Teem Green this pregnancy? We want to be surprised.

If you already have children, were you Team Green with them or how did you find out what their sex was? Before I found out at 20 weeks.

How are you holding up on a scale of 1-10 of itching to find out (10 being you're ready to find out the sex like yesterday)? 6

Who do you think will be the anchor on staying Team Green, you or your partner? I don't know, we are both teetering at different times.

How is your family taking you being Team Green this time around? They are being supportive.
  • Options
    @rachelT1234, I love your story about your husband announcing "It's a boy!" I'm not going to lie... I definitely got a little teary! So sweet!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker