May 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10/30

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/30

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fraufarbissina Stranger Things is a Netflix original, so it's not on cable anyways!!! We are cable cutters too, we just watch streaming television. Do you have a friend or family member who will share their Netflix password with you? We let our family use ours, since we pay $5 extra a month to let more people use it. Worth a try!!
  • Options
    @babys_2018 I would be finished already if I didn't have a curious 1.5 year old who wants to watch it with us but is also scared of it!!!
  • Options
    @curleemama32 I have Netflix so I can watch Stranger Things but have no way to watch The Walking Dead.  I don't think it's on Hulu 
  • Options
    @fraufarbissina If you have a friend with cable willing to give you their login, you can watch On Demand on most cable providers' websites.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @fraufarbissina We went without cable for a long time and TWD was the only show I was willing to purchase the episodes of!  We bought them on Amazon.
  • Options
    @fraufarbissina Yea I didn't feel like I should have to buy stuff either lol.  But I really didn't want to wait to watch those episodes, so ended up paying for them.  We ended up getting cable again a couple years later though.
  • Options
    Yea I didn't pack my hospital bag until the day of either.  And then still forgot stuff.
  • Options
    This is our 3rd too. He'll be sharing a room with his sister for a while and we'll sorry out a couple of years whether w need to move our shuffle rooms or add on to the house. We've been thinking about how to arrange the furniture in there, but that's it for nursery planning.

I'm mostly focused on de-cluttering, but that's fairly normal for me.

I don't remember when I packed my bag for DD2. Maybe in the way? I prefer the hospital gowns anyway. The days after giving birth are messy. I believe they have maternity only gowns and I'm going to keep believing that. (Don't at me straight.) Also, I don't want to get home from the hospital with a ton of laundry. I did make sure to bring a pen though. That was important.

I was too tired to move or work or eat last night so didn't do things I needed to. I've been awake since 4:30 So my day is going to be rough. I'll be exhausted while trying to catch up on a ton of work. Ugh.
  • Options
    I packed my bag a week before my due date and would have packed it later except LO was def on her way. We made it to the hospital with. Or a lot of time to spare lol
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco I also noticed that. I guess maybe she found a different site that was more suited to her opinions. 

I had had a bag packed early with DS but again, we were told at 26 weeks we might send you to the hospital at any time. We had to go a few times but always went home later that night. But I agree I just need some comfy pants and a nursing tank or two with an sweater, a toothbrush and hair tie. I feel like closer to the due date I can pack anything else I think I really might need. And since it'll be baby 2 I figure DH will be going back home each night too. 
    I also don't feel the need to set up a bassinet or bouncy seat yet. I feel like those will only take about an hour to do so we still have time! 
  • Options
    Also different random completely, but someone stole my defensive team in my fantasy football league. They had a bye last week so I had to swap them out and then someone woke up early this morning to take them. Grrr. 
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco agreed! We have things still set up, just in the downstairs closet. I looked at the swing today and thought how weird it's going to be in the living room again.