Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Chartstalk/Questions Week of 10/30

This is a thread where anyone can feel free to request a chart stalk, second-guess FF's interpretation, or post TTC-related questions, regardless of where in your cycle you are. Sometimes FF is wrong. That's where we come in. Get your second opinion here!

Re: Chartstalk/Questions Week of 10/30

• Options
    Hi, hoping someone more knowledgeable can answer this for me. I'm planning to make an appointment with my midwife because I have been experiencing pain in the lower left side of abdomen for a few weeks. It comes and goes, but has kicked up again now that I'm in my fertile week.

So yeah, a bit concerned, but my question is when do I make this appointment for? Is it OK to make it in the next couple of the weeks during my TWW or should I wait until after my next period? If I wait until after my period, that's the week of Thanksgiving so I'm guessing appointments may be hard to come by. ugh

I'm booking this appointment thinking they may do a transvaginal ultrasound or something (that's my hesitation with TWW). I know, I'm probably over thinking this, but am a bit confused. Thanks in advance!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @adirat That makes total sense, thank you! No worries, I'm also crazy like you and think it's cool that they could associate your pain to ovulation with the utrasound. I can hope this is ovulation pain but I have a feeling it's not. I've never had this pain before and was having it for several days during my period last cycle as well. 
  • Options
    @jaylii Good luck! I hope it's nothing serious. Let us know what you find out.

• Options
    Hi ladies, 

I have a question that I don't want to ask google because I don't want to be scared out of doing it all together. Apparently Google is where all the HSG horror stories are. I will likely be scheduling an HSG next week. From what I've been told the pain isn't too bad, similar to a period cramp. Now the thing is, my period cramps practically put me on bed rest for the first day. So knowing this do you think an Ibuprofen would still be ok because it should only hurt as much as periods normally should or should I come prepared with muscle relaxers and hydrocodone and only schedule for late afternoon so I can just go home and curl up? 
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor Mine was not bad....and the cramping was tolerable during and after, but that was my story. Based on what you're saying though, I would take ibuprofen and Tylenol beforehand, bring your other meds just in case, and have someone take you home afterwards so you don't have to worry about driving and dealing with possibly being in pain. I would also agree with trying to schedule it later in the day. 

I definitely agree with not googling about HSGs...Or really any procedure. Good luck! I hope it goes smoothly and the cramps are minimal!
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    @SkilledSailor I had one of the more painful HSG experiences, as the balloon hit the side of my uterus. I was in terrible pain from that...for about 45 seconds. Then it was over. I had minor cramping (much less serious cramping than I get with my period) for about 12 hours then was fine. I drove myself home though I know plenty of people bring a driver just in case and/or for moral support. 

• Options
    @josie12367 @adirat Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences! It really helps me mentally prepare. 

@adirat I'm sorry yours hurt so bad! But it does help me knowing it didn't last long and the cramps weren't as bad as your usual period pain. 
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor My HSG was nearly painless, I only felt cramping very briefly for about 5 seconds while the dye was run through and then it was gone.  The cramps were fairly sharp but still less than my worst period cramps.  I hope yours isn't too bad!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor My RE did suggest taking a pain reliever before hand just in case, but my HSG was not bad at all. I felt nothing during the procedure itself, and then had some minor cramping for a few minutes after (way less severe than my usual period cramps, and I usually get some pretty gnarly cramps). I hope all goes well!
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• Options
    @SkilledSailor Just a piece of advice for when you do get your HSG, take a panty liner with you.  The contrast dye they use will come out afterwards.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @lulu1180 @pinky917 Thank you ladies! That is such a relief to hear! 
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor you’ve already gotten some great feedback, but I’ll share my experience too. I took 2 Advil about 30 minutes before. The nurse prepared me by saying it was going to be really painful and intense. So I did some deep breathing while they were doing the procedure. I had minimal cramping. (I’ve had some wake me up in the middle of the night cramps from AF and it wasn’t that bad) my doc talked me through the entire procedure as she was doing it. I did my best to try to relax and breathe and it wasnt so bad. The nurse told me to take 2 more Advil and offered to give it to me but I had the bottle in my purse. (800mg is rx strength) i really think she was trying to prepare me for the worst possible experience. I’ll second @lulu1180 with having some kind of liner with you. My doc’s office had a basket with wipes and liners/pads but bring something just in case they don’t provide it. And good luck to you.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @SkilledSailor my HSG was pretty painful but the pain is short lived.  I would take Ibuprofen beforehand and have your other meds with you in case you need them afterward.  I was somewhat uncomfortable the rest of the day (and took the rest of the day off) so if you can I would schedule it for the end of the day.  Try not to be too nervous!  Good luck!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A couple early wins this morning...I figured out screenshot on my phone! So I can ask for a chart stalk! Everything got stuck in the spoiler so the info and charts are all in there. The first is my current chart, the second is an overlay of all my others with the current in orange, just to highlight the higher temps.

So FF gave me my crosshairs today at CD16...saying I o'd 3 days ago which is so incredibly out of the norm for me, and without a single positive opk. In fact, they are actually so light I am beginning to think I'm not even CLOSE to ovulating. Anyway I think its because i'm sick and not sleeping well/my heated blanket...my temps are higher than average all the way up until the O and not much of a jump really. Anyway, anyone have thoughts? I do not think I have O'd I think they are confused.

• Options
    @smashjam I definitely think it's wise to not assume you have already Oed. Maybe all your signs will line up later if your cycle. I would keep HIO just in case!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @SmashJam I don't think you've Oed yet either. It's not usually very typical to have EWCM after O, so that's why I say that. Plus the temps are not much higher than the pre-O temps. Keep using your OPKs and HIO!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @SmashJam I️ agree with the others and would continue to hio.  Also, what setting are you using on FF? Maybe changing the setting will give you a different view/perspective.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I was pretty sure I hadn't o'd as well. @offtoneverland good point on the EWCM. And @dukestar5 I am using the normal setting...advanced? But if I switch to research it says I o'd SIX days ago. FAM and OPK agree I haven't o'd. 

It will be interesting to see what the temps jump to when I do O, or what the temps would be if I didn't turn my blanket on tonight.