January 2018 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 10/30

edited October 2017 in January 2018 Moms

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling? 

3) Any appointments this week/last? 

4) How are your baby preparations going? 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6) GTKY: What are you doing for Halloween this year?

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker Change 10/30

• Options

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 30weeks today! Genevieve is the size of a summer melon. For real, she must be. Can't even believe there is 10 weeks or less of this pregnancy, give or take! Only 8 if she decides to randomly break waters like DS. 

2) How are you feeling? 

I am feeling really well! Just losing coordination a bit and getting dressed/shaving legs is reaching the comical stage! ;) I've had a few dehydration headaches as of late which concerned me because I had PPPE with DS but I monitor my own BP at home between appointments and it's still rather low (100s/60s) so I just upped my water and try to relieve neck tension as best I can. 

No new appointments until mid November. We did meet with a Doula on Saturday and she's lovely so I feel at ease now leading up to delivery. 

Everything is complete except the accent wall of the nursery! I will most likely order a newer car seat for her in the coming weeks, too. And meal prep planning - that needs attention as well! 

Rant: DH leaves for another training cycle 4 hours away for the next ten days. The farther along I get, the more the separations make me uneasy in case anything went amiss. 

Just enjoying a quiet evening of Trick or Treaters to our door, homemade pizzas, Halloween movies, and having DS pass out candy. He loves interacting with everyone in costumes and opening the door. We took him to DH's work Trunk or Treat this past Friday so his Halloween fun aside from Pre-K has already happened. 

• Options

28 weeks today. He's as big as an eggplant. I can feel him up under my ribs this morning for the first time, and nobody can say we're not in the third trimester now! Homestretch!

2) How are you feeling? 

I've had more energy the last few weeks. I'm starting to get really anxious about preparations. I'm guessing that's the form nesting is going to take with me. I manifest everything as anxiety. LOL. 

Going in for a BP check on Thursday. My BP was high-ish at my last visit, but I'd missed a dose of medication. I've noticed it's creeping up a little in the last couple weeks though. My doctor said with my history she's not real worried if it stays in the 130/90 range, but I don't like to see it that high after it spent most of the second trimester in the 110/70 range. Still lower than it was early on though, so I hope we're ok. I don't have any of the other pre-E indicators though. 

Things are starting to come together. We talked my MIL down from buying EVERYTHING to buying just the Crib/dresser/changing table. We should have that soon. We have the bassinet. Someone (my mother) bought our stroller/carseat set off the registry. My friend gave us two big boxes of baby clothes from NB-9mos, so we have a head start there. 

I never sleep anymore and hubby thinks I do nothing but sleep. No, I sleep during the day because I laid awake all night trying not to pee myself and listening to you snore. 

Alas, this is a sad one. A friend of mine from high school was killed this past week in a hunting accident. I'm going to a vigil for her. :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options

30 weeks. A squash? Again? Or a platypus with no tail.

2) How are you feeling? 

Okay, starting to get puffy and the heartburn is getting very old but otherwise doing okay.

Regular OB appointment this week, nothing too exciting on the agenda I don't think. After this it's every 2 weeks which is nuts! Also excited not to have so much time between appointments to gain weight. I feel like I'm always doing so well until like 3 days before my appointment and then bam, +2lbs out of nowhere.

I've finally actually bought some stuff, which is making me feel more prepared. The baby now has a place to sleep! I keep going on my registry to see if I can add any little things because I feel like it's a lot of the bigger ticket items and I don't want people to think I expect them to buy them, but then I just end up buying things myself because they're on sale! Speaking of which if anyone has been eyeing this Lillebaby carrier it's on sale on Amazon for $112 down from $140....

Rave: all of my showers are scheduled! And I have been stalking my registry and am so touched by all the stuff people are buying. Am I the only one who feels really guilty at the same time though? Like the whole shower thing -- people having a party for me, people buying things for me -- is so nice but also makes me SO uncomfortable.

Nothing! No trick or treaters in my neighborhood so it's just me and all the just-in-case candy I can eat...

• Options

@aleedee I hear ya on the shower gift guilt. It's nice and I'll take it, but it is uncomfortable for me!

@auntieraindrop that is so sad. I'm sorry. :(

@myorke24 I would feel anxious about the separation as well. 

30 weeks! He's the size of a zucchini. 

2) How are you feeling? 

Good! Tired and I need an adjustment badly, but no major complaints. 

I had my 29 week appointments with the midwife and OB last week, I'm seeing the MFM this week, and then it's back to the midwife and OB. I basically go to the doctor every week already. Lol. 

They are going! Biggest project is the house, obviously. It's going smoothly so far--appraisal is this week! Otherwise I have one more shower. 

Leggings are the only thing I like to wear. 

We had our maternity session last week and it turned out so well, but we may be doing a part 2 on Sunday. Yay!

We have a wedding on Saturday where DH is the best man and I am not looking forward to it. At all. For one, I have to dress up and look nice because he's the best man and I can't be frumpy. For two, it's over an hour away from home. And three...I'm probably going to be the only sober person in the building. Bah.....

Watching The Walking Dead and having Reese's (or maybe ice cream....) at home, unbothered by trick or treaters because we live in the middle of nowhere. Lol. 

• Options
    @aleedee you're not alone. I hate being the center of attention and having ppl buy things for me. I'm actually glad it's another girl and I'm not having a shower this time.

@auntieraindrop I'm sorry for your loss. Glad your BP is staying stable. I'm on the lookout for Pre E signs too. Boo no fun, I'm praying it doesn't happen this time. I would be heartbroken to be in the hospital away from DH and DD during Christmas 

@ryannenikole I wish I could just live in maternity leggings. I feel SO large these days and they are comfy.

29 weeks, acorn squash 

2) How are you feeling? 

ATM I have a cold, uhh. Pregnancy wise I am just feeling big and uncomfortable. The count down is on for sure. 

I had an appointment last Friday for my breathing issues. They did a chest xray and it all looked fine. Said that LO is probably just squishing me. Doesn't explain why my heart rate shoots up to 110 and I can't breath. 30 week appointment on Wednesday and we will schedule the growth US for sometime during 32 weeks.

finally good!! Half the nursery is put together and I even washed some clothes. We are waiting for black Friday to order the big ticket items though. So it will be on pause again

anyone else having a major boob issue? They are currently so big that I can't put my arms down all the way. Please stop growing boobs!!

We went with my SIL and nephew (he's 7 weeks younger than DD) to a fall festival yesterday. DD was mostly just interested in going up and down the steps of the gazebo. Lol but it was fun.

• Options
    Forgot to mention at @aleedee we have that carrier and love it!!! I got it on a similar Amazon sale. It has saved my butt a time or too during a leap when DD wouldn't nap and had to be held
  • Options
    @auntieraindrop So sorry for your loss, what a terrible shock.

@ryannenikole and @burnsmommy27 Glad I'm not the only one but ugh! I guess the answer is just to be grateful and gracious but my instinct is to run screaming away like DON'T LOOK AT ME I DON'T WANT ANYTHING AHHHHHH. 

Glad to hear the carrier is a good one! There are so many out there but I liked this one for the "all seasons" thing (as I sit here sweating in a 60 degree room).
  • Options

@auntieraindropsorry for your loss

31 weeks, asparagus... can't believe I'm down to single digit weeks left!

2) How are you feeling? 

Sore and tired. All the time.

I had a prenatal appointment last week. Met with one of the hospitals midwives. It was good.

Not really... we've been so busy that we haven't had a chance to finish prepping the nursery.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? none

6) GTKY: What are you doing for Halloween this year? We're going to my sister in laws house for trick or treating and dinner. It was fun last year because her neighborhood is really festive and most importantly... there are no hills!

• Options
    @auntieraindrop I’m so sorry.

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  30 weeks...what?!?!

2) How are you feeling? tired, swollen ankles by the end of the day and just all around large. 

3) Any appointments this week/last? I have my regular 30 week appointment on Wednesday. 

4) How are your baby preparations going? eh, still kind of stagnant. I did get a bunch of paint colors to put samples on the wall of the nursery and will have to pick one before the painter comes next week! I also washed all the newborn clothes, so that’s something. 

6) GTKY: What are you doing for Halloween this year? my parents are bringing my niece and nephew (6 and 2) over to trick or treat with DD in our neighborhood. They are so excited!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 27 weeks / Lettuce or Camping Lantern

2) How are you feeling? Insomnia has hit like a wrecking ball and I’ve been feeling a lot more pressure and lightening crotch. 

3) Any appointments this week/last? I had my GD 1 hour test today, and I had a cervix exam again. I think the tech measured me weird or at least different from the way the other techs have always measured because I went from 1.8 two weeks ago to 3.7 today, and she said the baby gained 1.2 pounds in 4 weeks. Which I know those measurements aren’t exact but that’s a pretty big increase to me.

4) How are your baby preparations going? DH painted her room this weekend. Right now its still my step-sons room, so he has a lovely shade of roses mauve pink as his wall color. haha

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing. Wait… Rave. I met a really nice lady in the waiting room at my OB office. She’s 2 weeks ahead of me and was doing the 3 hour GD test. I wanted to ask her if she was on here but then didn’t want to be a total creepster so I didn’t. haha

6) GTKY: What are you doing for Halloween this year? I was going to take DS trick or treating but bedrest dictates that I cannot do this now. So I’ll be handing out candy and DH will take DS trick or treating. Unless my OB believe the strange measurement from today and gives me the go ahead to walk around outside.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ryannenikole My DH is also the bestman in a wedding this Saturday. Thankfully it's going to be more casual. I don't plan on staying for too long though. I'll have the toddler to take care of and I feel like I shouldn't stay out much because of the dumb bedrest crud. So I've committed to the ceremony and maybe dinner. I really want cake so I'm hoping DH can bring me some cake. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @aleedee I feel the same way about the registry and gifts. At first I refused to even send the shower invite (with registry info) to a bunch of my friends and family who are out of town because I just felt weird but my sister talked me into it. 

28 weeks. I can’t believe it! The size of an eggplant 

2) How are you feeling? 

I feel great and have been super productive the last few days . But then I crash and fall asleep when I do take a rest.

I’m have an apt tomorrow morning. baby is super active lately, I’m curious what position she’s in, I’m having a hard time imagining based on all the movements. 

I assembled my crib this weekend! It takes up more space than I hoped (it’s in my room) but looking at it every day now is kind of a good reminder this is happening soon. 

probably nothing? I live in NYC so it’s always entertaining seeing people dressed up for the parade (and work) on the subway and streets, even if you don’t go out.  There’s no kids in my building so I won’t even buy candy. Which is good because I would eat it all!