June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions (week of 10/29)

Re: Weekly Questions (week of 10/29)

• Options
    @catlady1215 @doxiemoxie212 @Miz_Liz thanks ladies! I have not gotten any more information yet, but I am going to call to ask more questions now.  It did seem a bit early to me, and I do know someone who got theirs done early and it was WRONG! My husband is extremely skeptical with this being our first. 
  • Options

@catlady1215 - oh i cant wait to try this!  I did NOT like the belly band.  I blamed my shape because I have a small waist and a big booty.  My friend who was less hip-y loved the thing.  I gave up on that thing and just invested in a few pairs of Old Navy Rockstar maternity jeans.  Cheap and a lot more effective for me.  I was determined to go as long as possible without buying maternity jeans, and once I did I was all "what the hell was I waiting for?!"

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tudalu2516 I had genetics testing done with my first at 12 weeks and our gender was wrong. When you read the pamphlets it always says 99% accurate, but the gender on those tests is actually only 97% accurate (atleast for the test we did and they don’t tell you that unless you call the company). We were told we were having a girl and at our 18 week anatomy scan surprise it’s a boy! So now I’m just super skeptical for those test. I know it doesn’t happen to everyone, but I tell everyone to take the gender portion with a grain of salt and maybe wait for the anatomy scan haha just my two cents :) 
  • Options
    @catlady1215 I’d def get your levels checked. I’ve already had to have my dosage adjusted twice by 8 weeks. 
  • Options
    catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited October 2017
    @tudalu2516 that's what I have also. mine was at .285 its been giving me trouble for almost a year now with low readings so I didn't think it'd jump so fast. but sounds like its possible!

@buffalove1211 I got some big ol hips. and I had a lot of issues with it rolling in different directions if I didn't do the fold over trick. anything is worth a try! but I agree, if you can move to maternity pants, just do it. no need in waiting!

@ctmamaoftwo thank you! I'm sure my dr would send me for a check even if I wasn't having these. she likes it every 4 weeks anyway.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    jsl82jsl82 member
    edited October 2017
    @tudalu2516 I will be getting genetic testing/ gender with this pregnancy too.  My OB explained it's more reliable that the standard ultrasounds.  We also aren't getting our testing done until 12 weeks (I could do it at 11 but I don't want to have to make 2 trips to the hospital since that is were the lab is).

@catlady1215 I also have Hashimotos and GERD and have had heart palpitations with previous pregnancies.  It freaks me out since my PGAL brain says that heart palpitations are from taking too much thyroid medication.  TW One time with the palpitations it was a loss TW and the other time it was heartburn.  I have my thyroid levels checked every 2-4 weeks during the first few weeks of pregnancy and you really should call your doctor about this symptom.  The levels need to be adjusted during this time more than any other time, so it could be a simple medication switch is needed (or some prilosec needs to be added).  Good luck.

@ffw0617 I wouldn't say anything right now.  She sounds a little fragile.  I would also brace yourself to have her pull away from you once she finds out.  I had to take a social media pause after my 2nd miscarriage and if I to be put on medication I probably would be a hot mess too.  Hopefully the fertility drugs work for her and your kids will grow up being just a few months apart. 

@sabby2 Count me in for the SSG too. I won't tell anyone... especially not Feb17 and Feb18- winter babies are just jealous.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    I vaguely remember threads in honor of angel babies and honoring the moms on my old bmb. Is that still a thing here?
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sabby2 I think there's a section on most of the BMB spreadsheets? I haven't looked at ours in a long time, though, so not sure if it's there. 
  • Options
    @sabby2 I was over on the 'other' site for my losses and they did that. I thought it was really nice.
  • Options
    sabby2sabby2 member
    edited October 2017
    @catlady1215 I always liked it because I think it's nice to acknowledge the pregnancy/mom/baby.

ETA: since I've not experienced a loss myself, I didn't know of that's something that would make a person feel worse, trigger, etc.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sabby2 while it wouldn't have made me feel worse, I definitely wouldn't have liked it when I had my loss. I removed my name and all my info from the BMB after mine. IDK why. I just didn't feel part of it anymore. But from participating in PGAL discussions, I think my experience with my loss was perhaps an anomaly. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 - I'd probably feel the same way as you. If I went through a loss, I wouldn't want my info hanging out on the spreadsheet, I'd want it deleted.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @sabby2 @doxiemoxie212 I removed all my info from the spreadsheets from my two losses. Personally, I wouldn’t want to be reminded, especially if I wasn’t pregnant. 
  • Options
    I never removed my info (was too sad to even do it) but I honestly still have trouble even lurking my Jan 18 BMB. Never joined April. 
  • Options
    I think you ladies who have experienced it have some good points.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Has anyone had hypoglycemia during pregnancy that later turned into gestational diabetea?
  • Options
    Any previously on progesterone supplements know any thing about symptom relief when you get off? I was supposed to pick up my refill prescription yesterday but couldn’t due to the fact that I hadn’t read for class. I take mine orally every 12 hours. I took my last pill at 4pm. It’s almost 7am and I feel better than I’ve felt in weeks. I’m assuming the progesterone was causing most of the symptoms. I’m still going to get & take my refill just wondering if anyone else experienced this?
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    I’m having trouble with my morning sickness not eating carbs all day long. I need to eat every few hours and it seems like all that helps is carbs. Has anyone found a way to not be eating a ton all day but curb the ms? I want to find healthy foods to soothe it instead of carbs. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    @fantasticmrsfox sometimes cold fruit like grapes helps me as well. During my last pregnancy, carbs were the main thing I ate during the first trimester for the nausea, and then I was able to move on to a more balanced diet during the second and third trimester. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do! 
  • Options
    @fantasticmrsfox yeah, it's carbs here too and same with last pregnancy. I don't have a solution just solidarity for you. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @fantasticmrsfox - Have you tried orange juice or oranges (or some other acidic foods) to help it? I noticed that orange juice helps keep mine to a minimum.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @fantasticmrsfoxWhole fat cottage cheese. High in sodium so the saltiness tastes good for nausea and it fills you up for longer stretches. Also healthier.

Also scrambled eggs with salt.

I find I can't eat anything first thing in the a.m. but cold water and a little coffee. By mid morning I'm up for a little protein.
  • Options
    @bitzyg @Austenista thanks for the solidarity! I think healthy 2/3 try might be what needs to happen. Hopefully by then I'll have the willpower to cut down on carbs.

@izza2 orange juice does seem to be helping! Thanks!

@llamamama14 I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion!

• Options
    @fantasticmrsfox I've only been experiencing nausea for about 4 days, and I second citrus fruits and salt.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @fantasticmrsfox I think sometimes you just gotta go with carbs. Ain't no substitute! But for me, ice-cold raw fruit (specifically pineapple) and veggies (usually with some kind of dip, like ranch) were the other things I could stomach when my nausea was bad.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    Ugh you guys have me wanting an orange damnit
  • Options
    @fantasticmrsfox it sucks but with both my pregnancies I gained too much weight first tri because the ONLY thing that helps me to feel better is eating cheez its all day long. I'm pretty health conscious and exercise a lot, but you have to do what you have to do to function. Both times my weight gain evened out (gained 30 lbs with my first pregnancy and 40 with my second), and I lost the weight in a good time frame afterwards.So I'm TRYING not to stress too hard about it!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    @pinottoparenthood I gained 63 lbs with my daughter and lost it all without stretch marks. If cheez its( or whatever else you can eat) allow you to function, so be it.
  • Options
    @notaknottie912 how is that humanly possible (no stretch marks)?!?  Good for you girl!  This mama looks like she’s been attacked by a tiger.
  • Options
    Are stretch marks mostly genetic? I think I remember reading that after I bought a crap ton of creams during my first pregnancy. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @dinodna3 I have always heard that creams won’t help.  I think that they are mostly genetic but I am sure how much weight you gain/lose and how quick plays a role too.
  • Options
    Speaking of stretch marks. Does anyone use anything (cream or ointment or whatever) before the bump appears? My thought process being that maybe you can prep the skin to reduce the stretch marks? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah... my stretch mark game is up there... I can only imagine what my stomach (and boobs and whatever else) will look like after this baby since it’s already like woah.   :D
    I’ve come to embrace them. 
  • Options
    My thought on the creams is that they just relieve the itching, dryness and discomfort of the stretching but don't actually do much for the stretch marks themselves. 

It's one of those things IMO that can't hurt so why not but just not expect any dramatic changes. Kind of like how I feel about eye cream. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    Stretch marks are 100% genetic. Have you ever gained weight or grown quickly? Do you have stretch marks? Congrats, you’ll get them with pregnancy. No? Don’t worry, you won’t get them with pregnancy. If you’ve somehow never grown quickly, ask your relatives about stretch marks. 

Creams can help with the itchy dry skin from growing a belly so quickly but they cannot do anything about stretch marks. I believe sunscreen can help prevent their appearance from being crazy noticeable if you bring belly out in the sun? 
  • Options
    I have stretch marks on my thighs from gaining/losing in my 20s. But I made it my whole first pregnancy without ONE stomach stretch mark. I'm 5'2, short torso, and gained 40lbs. I did religiously use coco butter atleast once a day. My sister and mom have stretch marks. So I have no real answers how I did that. And I'm sure I won't get that lucky again. But I will be using the coco butter again lol
  • Options
    I used coconut oil on my belly for my first pregnancy and idk if it helped, but it did relieve some of the itchiness towards the end. I also only got stretch marks at 36 weeks and gained 50 pounds roughly 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 i have lots of stretchmarks from growing and even some on my itty bitty titties (a cup) from growing but none from pregnancy. While genetics do play a role, so does overall health, the amount you gain/lose and the speed of which you do and just plain old chance. I thought for sure I would get stretch marks, but nope.

I have a friend who has NO stretch marks from growing, has natural G breasts without any, and got tons of stretchmarks. She didnt get pre e either and gained 30 lbs less than me.

The point is, if you are going to get them you are going to get them and you shouldnt let yourself suffer over the idea.  I personally feel nausea over 9 months sucks worse than a few scars. 
  • Options
    I have stretch marks from growing as a kid (upper thighs), but nothing from my first pregnancy.  I only gained 20 pounds (but I'm not the smallest to begin with), so who knows if that was the reason.  But wear them proudly if you get them - - you made and carried a baby with your body.  (FWIW, I used burt's bees belly butter).
  • Options
    I figure i will probably get some stripes this pregnancy with the 2 of them. I gained 15 lbs in the first tri with my daughter and havent gained a lb this time though. Strange how vastly different the experiences can be.