November 2017 Moms
Options

Nursing Bras

I live in a smaller community without a lot of maternity store options nearby. I am planning on ordering some nursing bras online and am not too worried about sizing since my breasts haven't grown (disappointing but the midwives say it is normal and shouldn't impact my ability to bf). What are your favourite brands/do you have any recommendations? Thanks

Re: Nursing Bras

• Options
    Bought mine from Target, same for nursing tank tops. 
  • Options
    I have some from motherhood maternity, some from target and some from Walmart. No difference between them really. I actually love the sports bra style one (like the brand bravada) I found at Walmart for 1/3 the price of MM
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The ones I got from target are my favorite. They are cotton and stretchy. They are Gillian and O'Malley and come two in a pack. I forgot how much your breasts grow when you first start BFing. I'm Only wearing tanks right now. Nursing Bras are even too much for me at the moment.
  • Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited October 2017
    Your breasts may have not grown so far, but engorgement may still happen when you start to nurse, so keep that in mind.

I bought these nursing bras off Amazon a few months ago because my breasts went up to sizes half way through pregnancy. I wear them exclusively now and really like them and they are a good price (3 for $23.99, 3 different colors)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6M71NS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Options
    I orderes the same ones from Amazon as @dragonfly87-2 and a few comfortable nursing sleep bras from Walmart pictured below.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Thanks @dragonfly87-2, I'll definitely keep that in mind and probably order the 3 pack for now and then go bra shopping again once my milk comes in :)
  • Options
    I got a bra of motherhood. They measured me a few weeks ago and while my cup size didn't go up my band did. I think they measured me wrong and I am in a sister size which is fine. I was a 32DDD prepregnancy and they measured me at a 36DD. Which in reality would be a 34DDD as a sister size so it kind of makes sense. My ribs are tender so I'm glad I went with the 36 to give myself more room. I also got some from Target and Burlington. I got larges in the ones from those stores. You can find which size is best for you based off of your bra. a 32-34 D-DDD is a M/L and so on. But yes keep in mind that your boobs can become engorged and you may need a bigger size.