Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Saturday 10/28

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What is a great, NBR app you would recommend?
*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: WTO Saturday 10/28

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/1

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: just waiting out AF, temping, out to start taking PNVs more consistently 

R/R: In case you couldn't tell, I woke up extra early this morning. Forgot to temp until after I got up and went to the bathroom. Oh well, just an AF temp so NBD. I just need to get back in the habit of temping since it's been over a year since my last attempt.

CS/Q: Just one little dot.

My DH introduced me to Serial Reader and it's great! You read the classics in small segments each day. It's a great app if you want to read, but you have a hard time finding time to do so. Right now I'm reading Jane Eyre and it will take me 72 days. Not too bad.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, CM, CP, PNV

R/R: Rave: I am almost on book three of the His Dark Materials series, which is great because I just bought the Book of Dust, the first book to come out in that universe since I was like, a freshman in college. So like, over a decade. I want to finish the entire series again before I start the new book, although I am not sure that it is all that important to do so. Rant: I don't have one yet!

CS/Q: I am going to search this because in light of all of the questions about BBT regularity recently someone is bound to have brought this up. I occasionally sleep under a heated blanket, ocassionally don't. It's not always cold enough lately. I wonder if my temps are going to be crazy because of it? I did have a few days where my temp was pretty low compared to the rest so I am gonna keep notes and see if there is a pattern. Maybe this is where vaginal temping would be handy.

GTKY: What is a great, NBR app you would recommend? I will assume NBR is "not baby related" and if not, I will totes come back with a different app applicable to whatever it does mean. BUT I use Google Assistant all the time within Google photos. It puts together videos and gifs and collages and animations and all sorts of cool stuff, sometimes without being prompted, and I find it fun. Along the same lines I recently downloaded "Touchnote" with the hopes of sending postcards to people more often with pics of our lives and such but I haven't done it yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good morning!

@jrm_14  Not wanting to bump yesterday's thread, but wanting to send you lots of hugs.  <3  Sorry for CD1.  TTC can be such an emotional roller coaster.  I've listened to a few helpful podcasts that helped me re-focus.  I'll PM them to you.  (As far as baking, I have a french toast bake I want to try.  I also have some ingredients to make egg muffins, but so far I have been lazy and have not done anything more than make coffee.  ;) )
    @offtoneverland The race is in just a few weeks!  :#:)
    @kiwi2628  I did not get to respond to your post yesterday, but I am soooooo excited for your next step.  I know it's been a long waiting process.  And your song to your co-workers made me laugh. Way to add humor to the situation!
    @lalala2004 Good for you for getting the temping started though...I'm always lazy and do not start temping until CD8 or so.  (I O a little later too).  I will have to check out Serial Reader--thanks for the rec!
    @SmashJam As per your temping question, I would recommend vaginal temping in that case.  Or if you prefer temping by mouth, I would make a note on the days in which you use the heated blanket and maybe expect to see slight temperature shifts.  When I O, I normally see a 0.5-0.6 shift in temperature so it is pretty obvious and I would imagine I could still see the shift even if I used a warmer blanket.  However, if you usually have a smaller/more gradual temp shift, then vaginal temping might be safer than by mouth so that you can truly identify the rise.  Also, the google assistant with photos sounds need!  GL with the chickens today. 

Month/cycle:  6/7 (1 benched)

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU:  charting/temping, pnvs, green, tea, opks, hio

R/R: (Rave): I have several recipes I want to attempt this weekend.  Also, my mother in law bought me some cauliflower rice, so now I need to find a yummy recipe to make with it.  Ideas welcome!

CS/Q:

I like Red Stamp.  It's an app that allows you to make free invitations or cards.  It's easy to save your creation to your photo library or send it directly to friends and family.
  • Options
    @lalala2004 Fun question today! That serial reader app sounds great. I'm going to look it up!
    @SmashJam I want to read that book series too. I read the first a loooong time ago but need to try again. Regarding your question, yes, I'm pretty sure heated blankets can interfere with your temps. I don't think vaginal temping would be any better since your whole body gets warmer under a heated blanket. Maybe try to keep the setting as low as possible.
    @dukestar5 That's awesome that your race is so soon! I bet you're nervous. You'll do great though with all of the running you've been doing! Those recipes you plan to try sound yummy. Perhaps you could make like an Asian stir fry or something to go along with your cauliflower rice?

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 6 

WAYDTGKU: Benched

R/R: Went for a morning run today! Just a short one and I had to walk some too, but I'm going to start trying to run more regularly again. No plans this weekend except for church tomorrow, and I have a coupon for a really yummy restaurant that I'm hoping we can visit tonight or tomorrow. :) 

GTKY: What is a great, NBR app you would recommend? My whole family downloaded Marco Polo a few months ago. It's a really fun app that allows you to send videos back and forth, and the person you send them to can watch them live. DH and I have cheap phones so we can't do real video chat on them, and it's so much easier than trying to set up times to Skype at home with everyone's schedules. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @SmashJam I just realized my response about temping completely contradicted @dukestar5! Maybe I'm wrong about vaginal temping and it would be better for you in this case. You'll have to let me know because I love using a heated blanket during the winter! I haven't put it on the bed yet though.
    @jaylii Hope you have a great day at work! Do you have any fun plans for your long weekend?
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @smashjam yes, not baby related! And I only recently discovered Google Photos and wish I had discovered it sooner! That's a great one! I think it could affect your temps, but I'd just make a note of it. It might night affect them so much that you wouldn't be able to see a shift, but it could be a factor.

I'm loving all these app recommendations so far!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    @offtoneverland I'm not an expert!  You may be right too.  (I've actually never tried vaginal temping, and after I responded, I listened to one of the Beat Infertility podcasts on charting/bbt and the doctor she interviewed (who is an ob/gyn/RE) said she had not heard of vaginal temping and did not think it would be any more effective than regular temping by mouth, so who knows!)
    Good job on your run!  How has the weather been in MD?  Are the leaves starting to change?
    @jaylii That's my hubby too!  :D  I hope work passes quickly for you so that you can enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• Options
    @dukestar5 IIRC I think TCOYF says it's recommended for mouth breathers, but otherwise I don't think it matters much.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    @dukestar5 That's interesting that the doctor on the podcast didn't think vaginal temping would be much more effective. Those podcasts sound fascinating. We'll be taking a road trip next week to New Jersey so I'll download some of them. I'm not sure DH will want to listen to it, but if I'm driving he'll have to suck it up. :) It was high 50's this morning...great weather for a run! The leaves are changing here and it's really pretty. I love fall here! Unfortunately that means we have tons of leaves to rake up though. :(
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    edited October 2017
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: all the tings

R/R: rave - yay weekend. Ready for cowgirl birthday party in my plaid shirt. Also my new glasses are ready so excited to break out my cool blue frames :)

Edit: also, had a vivid dream last night that I temped and logged it into FF. You can imagine my confusion this morning when there was no temp there 

CS/Q: not much yet. Got a blinking smiley on my CBAD so it's on. Chart in spoiler

I love the Adobe Lightroom photo app. You can shoot photos under the "Pro" mode that are essentially raw photos. The editing is so responsive. 

Took the photo in spoiler from my office yesterday 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3 ntnp

CD: 1 - woohoo

WAYDTGKU: normal stuff. My bbt came the other day but I never got it out. Have to get it all figured out and I'll try to start tomorrow.

R/R: I'm bleeding. I'm so excited! Now I can move on. Rant: work has been rough the last couple days. So I'm exhausted, but weekend starts tomorrow

Um.... I don t do much but play games. So bubblespinner? 
  • Options
    @offtoneverland No big plans for my days off. MH wants to try a new brewery tonight so that should be fun. He's also going to play hooky with me on Monday so I'm looking forward to that. He can do that occasionally to make up for how bonkers his job is at times. After several months of crap timing because of his travel I'm excited that we'll be together all day Monday which is also my FW.
  • Options
    @lalala2004 my computer did not register that you had also posted after you posted the thread, so sorry if in my anwer to the GTKY i sounded snarky! I thought i was the first one to post and wasn't sure, but this time my computer loaded your response first and anyway....sorry if I came off weird! Also I am downloading serial reader right now. 

@dukestar5 and @offtoneverland I will just keep note. I do see a pretty huge shift after O and I guess everything looks basically the same as usual so maybe its not affecting that much? Also super interesting that the doc didn't think vaginal temping would help that much!

• Options
    @jaylii I actually read almost nothing but series...I really enjoy fantasy so there are a lot of epic series in that genre. One of my fave authors actually has a new book in his epic series coming out next month which I am stoked about-its going to be like 1000 pages long, lol.  It often gets in the way of me reading new stuff so I try to get singletons in in between starting new ones.

• Options
    @lalala2004 great GTKY question today! Serial Reader sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out!
    @SmashJam I love google photos too! I use it to auto backup all of my pictures and also automatically share them with DH. So convenient!
    @dukestar5 have fun with your recipes this weekend. Baking or cooking or both? I've never cooked with cauliflower rice, but if I had some I'd probably try it out in fried rice.
    @offtoneverland Nice job with your run today!!
    @jaylii Nice that YH can take some time off with you on Monday and FX for good timing! I love trying out new breweries. We have A TON of them here in OR.
    @nimmle yay for new glasses! Hope you have fun at the party and I totally downloaded your app rec. Looks like a good one!
    @Mylitta Sorry work has been rough, hope the weekend makes up for it.

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Green Tea, RRL Tea, CoQ10, Temping/Charting, CM/CP monitoring

R/R: We've been having unusually nice weather here and our next door neighbors invited us over last night to watch an outdoor movie in their yard that they just redid. We watched Evil Dead 2 and it was really fun. Since we had those plans, we only ended up watching one episode of Stranger Things afterward, but I can't wait to watch more!! Going to the pumpkin patch later today, so that should be fun as well!

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What is a great, NBR app you would recommend? I really like Spotify for music. We have a family membership and I think it's worth it because you can "offline" the music and there aren't any commercials.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    @jaylii your plans sound so fun! We're going to a brewery tonight as well. It's a chain one that opened recently. I didn't have high hopes for it since it's a chain, but the food and beer are excellent! That's great that YH can play hooky with you. Those are some of the best days! We do that every once in a while to see movies. 
    @Mylitta Yay for CD1 and a fresh start! Hope things will be easier to track for you now that you'll be temping. 
    @mrsinterweb An outdoor movie night sounds so great! We only watched one episode of Stranger Things as well. Looking forward to watching more tonight! 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @SmashJam not at all, girl! I tend to overuse acronyms :tongue:

It's not letting me love tit anyone. Grrrr.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    @lalala2004 I hate when I forget to temp, definitely hard to get into a routine!
    @SmashJam I definitely find room temp makes a difference so I imagine a heated blanket could easily throw things off as well.
    @dukestar5 I love cauliflower rice! One of my favourite things to do with it is turn it into pizza crust.
    @offtoneverland I keep saying I'm going to get back into running again as well. DH and I did a 5k race at the beginning of the month and it made me realize how out of shape I am!
    @jaylii I love having weekdays off - everything is so much quieter!
    @nimmle Have fun at the birthday party!
    @Mylitta Woohoo for a fresh start and getting into temping! I love having data to go off of!
    @mrsinterweb That's pretty awesome they have a screen in their yard!!

Month/Cycle: 8/13

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: All the things

R/R: Rave: Another beautiful day here and we got the last of our Halloween decorations up in time! And I finally got a positive OPK so feeling pretty upbeat and optimistic today so no rant for today!

CS/Q: Not today

GTKY: What is a great, NBR app you would recommend? I am not super advanced with apps so most of mine that I use frequently are the popular ones: Facebook, Pinterest, Candy Crush. One of my favourite mindless busy games right now is Word Cookies.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @SmashJam Oooo. Who's your favorite author? I mostly read fantasy, though lean more toward urban fantasy.

@mrsinterweb Thank you. Even today was better. I'm glad its the weekend though. 

@offtoneverland @elolin @therealbitts thank you guys! I'm very excited to try temping. I've been lucky to be fairly predictable up until now, but I'm excited to see precisely what my body is doing. 
  • Options
    @Mylitta it is currently Brandon Sanderson. If you had asked me up until 3 weeks ago what my favorite series was, I would say the one I am reading now, the His Dark Materials series. However, 3 weeks ago I finished the Mistborn trilogy by Sanderson and its seriously my favorite now. So good. And the book that comes out next month is the third in his Stormlight Archives series. Also an amazing series and I don't even notice the books are 1000 pages long-they are so good its not even a chore to get through them. Although, holding them up is hard, lol.

I only made it to book 5 of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, but the fact that Sanderson finished the series for him makes me want to try again lol.
  • Options
    @smashjam aww man, The Wheel of Time sucked away a large portion of my life. So good, but sooooooo long. Sanderson did a great job with it, though.
    *Siggy Warning*