June 2018 Moms

STM+ Weekly Check In (10/27)

13»

Re: STM+ Weekly Check In (10/27)

• Hey y'all, here goes:

I'm   weeks

I have  a 2.5 year old and a 14 year old (yeah yeah,  remarried)

Keeping up with a two year old is hard when all I want to do is sleep and try not to puke. 

I'm really excited that my younger daughter won't have the only child experience that I did. 

Career wise... I've talked a lot of people,  mostly kids out of trying to kill themselves.  

• Loading the player...
  • @LoisLane007 Holy moly your career highlight story is intense!! That's awesome and kudos for such quick thinking. Was your heart pounding? Mine would've been! I'm sure you were acting on pure adrenaline. 
  • @WeLiveInMaine What's your career? That sounds intense but I'm so glad there are people like you in the world.helping our kids.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nickicb7nickicb7 member
    edited November 2017
    I’m a little late to this post, but I’m trying to get involved. I have been busy with work and not a lot of time to participate, but I loved my last BMB and definitely want to get involved again here.

How far along are you? 7+1

How old are your other kids? 22months yesterday

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? I’ll be honest I don’t think I was really ready for this. I went back and forth a lot over the past year about weather or not I wanted a second child. I’ve heard this can be normal and I’m already starting to feel more excited. I’m hoping once I have my appointments and US and screening that I’ll feel more connected and excited.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM:  I definitely look forward to my daughter having a sibling and having a little playmate.

GTKY: Tell us about a time in your career when you were super proud of something you did.  
    My favourite moment in my career thus far was when one of my students who had struggled for several years and in the first term he was with me, wrote me a letter at the end of the year telling me what a great teacher I was and how glad he was to have been in my class.

Edited to Fix DD’s age
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • How far along are you? 8 weeks 

How old are your other kids? DD 4 and DS 2 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? The exhaustion this time is ridiculous and I’m having a hard time keeping up with them and being patient. Looking forward to 2nd tri. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: my DD is already talking to the baby. She wants a sister and is SO excited. It’s such a joy to watch her excitement. 

GTKY: Tell us about a time in your career when you were super proud of something you did.  
    Haha making cold calls and not crying when a-holes yelled at me. Does that count ?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • @oneblessedmess I used to be in social work.  I spent time in crisis units and group homes with kids,  I also worked at a women's shelter.  I'm  full time mom now.  
  • @nickicb7 its normal to not want another baby when your current baby is little,  its natures way of keeping you healthy and making sure your current baby is cared for.  I have a strong aversion to more babies when one is still small. 
  • Thanks @WeLiveInMaine I was certainly feeling a lot of guilt about feeling that way. 
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016