TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: UO | 10.26

• We never have a lively UO thread but I hold out hope!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Loading the player...
  • Here's my UO:

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Spam with fried eggs and hash browns....now I’m starving 
  • I've literally never eaten spam. 
    +1 for never eating spam or seeing anyone eat spam
    +1 for never eating spam or seeing anyone eat spam
    +2
  • lainikins said:
    This one of mine was lively on my son’s birth month group. I don’t like animal heads mounted to the wall. I think they are tacky and gross. Animals should not be made into trophies because you killed them. 
    I'm staring at DH's first deer on our wall lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think the flu shot should be mandatory for a kid to attend daycare. 
    Interesting. They were not madatory here. At least I do not remember them being madatory. Do they make you get them by a certain date? I see the implementation of this being very difficult since that is a vaccine that is often run out of and has more of rolling administration. 
  • Spam with fried eggs and hash browns....now I’m starving 
    Spam, rice and eggs is my comfort food. Slice that spam and fry it to crisp edges. Filipino thing, maybe, though DH is getting turned on to it too yay! Gonna have to try it with hash browns sometime mmmm.
  • lainikins said:
    This one of mine was lively on my son’s birth month group. I don’t like animal heads mounted to the wall. I think they are tacky and gross. Animals should not be made into trophies because you killed them. 
    FIL has two deer heads in his house. I don't care that he hunts, but as decor, no. MIL hates them too but I guess she caved. She does decorate the antlers at Christmas, so they're festive.

I don't think the flu shot should be mandatory for a kid to attend daycare. 
    This sounds like a weird requirement. It's not 100% effective, so if your child still ends up with the flu, do they assume you lied about getting the shot and shun you?
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• She does decorate the antlers at Christmas, so they're festive.
    Bahaha. This made me laugh. Thanks. 

This sounds like a weird requirement. It's not 100% effective, so if your child still ends up with the flu, do they assume you lied about getting the shot and shun you?
    Our daycare mandates that all children have to get the flu vaccine and they track it by having you provide your child's updated immunization record from the doctor's office with the date that the vaccine was administered. They have a time frame in which you must complete this (by December 15th I think the notice said) which okay fine if that's what you want to do...HOWEVER, last year, we also received 3 or 4 notices about children at the daycare being confirmed as having been diagnosed with the flu so it's not always effective to have the kids vaccinated. Unless they can somehow mandate that all the adults who come through the daycare to pick up kids everyday are also vaccinated someone is still bound to get the flu.  Sometimes whatever algorithm the vaccine manufacturer uses that particular year didn't accurately predict the strain that would be popular and people still get sick. It's kind of a tough call I think as to whether or not it should be mandatory but I'm sure the reason it is that that somewhere, someone's child died of the flu and that's why they have these protocols in place. I'm okay with the idea of the mandatory vaccine for this reason. 
  • @SarahFoley725 I agree except for waffle fries. I love fries.
  • @SarahFoley725 I agree except for waffle fries. I love fries.

Damn it. Now I want fries. 
  • Chick Fil A isn't that great. 
     :o  chick fil a is amazing! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DH and DD both LOVE CFA but I'm kinda like eh, it's okay. 
  • Add Chick-Fil-A to the list of things I’ve never had...
    We are currently waiting on a chic fil a  to open 90 minutes away from us and planning on going as soon as they are.  Love chic  fil a 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • lainikins said:
    I'm staring at DH's first deer on our wall lol.
    I assisted my kids in getting a stylized animal head from target for a gift one year.  I actually thought of it as art.  He hates it and won't put it up.  I'd put it up in my house.  It's all metal and very sleek and not realistic at all.  Come on!  They had it at Target!
  • clc515 said:
    Spam with fried eggs and hash browns....now I’m starving 
    Spam, rice and eggs is my comfort food. Slice that spam and fry it to crisp edges. Filipino thing, maybe, though DH is getting turned on to it too yay! Gonna have to try it with hash browns sometime mmmm.
    I’m Spanish so fried spam is pretty much a staple. Mmm spam and rice is so yummy too. 
  • @lainikins once they can get it at 6mo they have to have it. 
    @eggplantface we have to bring in the updated shot record. From the time they are age eligible you have 30 days to get it. If you don't the child can't go to the daycare until they have gotten it.
    Ok, I'll put it out there since this is a UO thread...  I vote with my $$. I won't eat at Chick-Fil-A or Domino's because of the politics of their corporate owners.  I  don't want to think that any of my money would go to the PACs or causes they support. Haven't eaten at Domino's in decades and have never eaten at Chick-Fil-A.
    Ok, I'll put it out there since this is a UO thread...  I vote with my $$. I won't eat at Chick-Fil-A or Domino's because of the politics of their corporate owners.  I  don't want to think that any of my money would go to the PACs or causes they support. Haven't eaten at Domino's in decades and have never eaten at Chick-Fil-A.
    I dunno that I've heard the Dominos politics...... what's their thing? TIA :)
    (PS I dont eat at Dominos cuz we have a local chain that's much tastier lol.)
  • babybro218babybro218 member
    edited October 2017
    @clc515 they give a lot of money to pro-life organizations and lobby groups. They used to have “Red Rose” days to support those orgs.
  • GoogleMD said:

I side eye couples with joint FB accounts. I just assume someone cheated  :#
    Oooh yes! Couple accounts on facebook drive me nuts. I especially side eye when both of the people have facebook accounts, but one has both of their names on the account and the other has just one.
  • @babybro218, I am with you (though I did not know about dominoes, but honestly do not know if I have ever eaten dominoes). Add Hobby Lobby to the list, too. 
  • GoogleMD said:

H’s best friend is a chronic cheater. Recently he even made out with a chick at a party his wife went to with him, it’s that bad. So I see him on FB shortly after, his profile pic is of him and his wife. I laughed my ass off for precisely the reason you said. He cheated, she’s marking her territory (rightly so). Not that it stops him from creating a second profile. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• I am prolife with medical exemptions only. So I guess that's a UO with how this CFA/waffle fry convo went 
  • GoogleMD said:

My BF's H cheated.  They went from having 2 separate facebook accounts to one joint one with 2 names (it used to be hers alone). Apparently fb was his portal for cheating, he used the in game chat feature to hide convos.  Fb has apparently made cheating much easier to hide, and cases off infertility have increased since the start of facebook,  myspace, etc. Its wierd now to chat with her on fb, I'm not sure who I'm chatting with or who posted what. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7