December 2017 Moms
Options

MoMs of Multiples Weekly Check in 10/26 - Sorry for the Delay!

Sorry for the check in delay. I remembered on Tuesday at work and then I forgot and yesterday I was in all day meetings!  So here goes! 

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? 

GTNY: Tell me a random fact about yourself!

What rants/raves/questions/advice?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: MoMs of Multiples Weekly Check in 10/26 - Sorry for the Delay!

• Options

@tmk0325 Better late than never! Always happy to see how my fellow MoMs are doing!

How far along are you? 

31+5, the weeks are just flying by now!

Any appointments this week/last? 

Well, I had both an OB appointment and MFM growth scan last week which both went well, and then on Monday evening we had a little bit of excitement when I started getting contractions at regular intervals. My OBs office had me go to the hospital where they monitored my contractions and the babies' heart rates for a couple of hours and gave me some IV fluids and some medication to stop the contractions. Thankfully everything else (my cervix, the babies, fluid in the placenta, etc.) all looked great so they weren't too concerned. They told me to try and stay off my feet and call if I have more than 4 contractions in an hour.

I'm Jewish and grew up in a Jewish household, but my dad used to be Santa! He always used to dress up as Santa for my town's annual breakfast with Santa event when we were kids so that all the Christian dads would be able to attend with their kids. My sister and I knew from a really young age it was our dad, but were sworn to secrecy so we wouldn't ruin Christmas for our friends.

Rant: There is a serious mold issue on the ceiling of our soon to be nursery and DH is having a really hard time getting it washed off. All the painting is done, so it's the last thing that's holding up moving all the furniture into the room and I just want it resolved! Hoping he finds a way to fix it or hires someone else to within the next week!
    Rave: Just found out my sister will be up for Thanksgiving, which will be especially good if I happen to go into labor right around then!

• Options
    @leilagphillips Im so glad that you got some fluids in you and that babies are staying in!  Shits getting real over here with us MOM’s!  I hope your husband figures out this mold issue, so annoying and not fun. 

How far along are you? 30+4. Holy. Crap. 

Any appointments this week/last? Ultrasound on Monday. The girls look good with no signs of TTTS.  I don’t know how we’ve been so lucky so far, but I am incredibly grateful.  The US tech even met me watch one baby for about 5 minutes - I saw her whole face and she was sucking on her hand and it was just insane to SEE her. Haha and we have confirmed that they are total baldies. 

Hhhmmmm...my husband and I met by bringing the same bottle of vodka to my friends 23rd birthday party. And I’ve been scuba diving all
    over the world since I was 14 years old.  Random enough? Lol

This stupid kitchen was finally done...and then I ran my dishwasher for the first time. And it flooded. Everything. The plumber made a stupid mistake and really fucked up, so that’s fun!  Whatever, wenknow what happened, they’re going to fix it, and I’m choosing not to kill anyone. For now. 
    My baby shower is Saturday and we’ve got like 30
    people coming, so that should be good. I’m excited, but also running around trying to get my
    house in order. I’m not hosting it, but it is being held at my house. I’m excited for everyone to see what I’ve been stressing about for the last 4 months!  It’s finally over!  Haha almost. 
    I started washing baby clothes and bedding, etc and putting stuff away and it hit me that these girls are coming so soon and I’m super excited to hug them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 31+3 singleton

Any appointments this week/last? nope

GTNY: Tell me a random fact about yourself! I used to play the harp

What rants/raves/questions/advice? I am over teething. more specifically the long drawn out, bad sleep teething that my DD does. I think we are on week 5 of these damn lower 2 year molars... I wish they would just come through already!  Rave: we are making progress on the art work for the babies room.

@leilagphillips glad the contractions stopped and the babies are doing well. can you paint over the mold spot to seal the area?
    @breezybee wow I would be livid, glad they are fixing it though. have fun at the baby shower and I'm so glad the girls are doing well.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options

@wabash15 I'm not sure if we can just paint over the mold or if it has to be cleaned first before painting. I know there's anti-mold and moisture paint we could use. We're probably going to contact a professional to help us get it resolved. And I hope your DD's teeth come in soon! That sounds miserable.

@breezybee I would have totally freaked out over the flooded dishwasher. I'm glad they're getting it resolved. Have fun at your shower tomorrow!

• Options
    stella_700stella_700 member
    edited October 2017
    Grrr it ate my post. Yesterdays appointment landed me at the hospital for monitoring the bp. Its all over the place. Currently doing the urine 24 hour analysis and trying to rest to keep it down. Got hooked up to monitors to check on the babies. They look fine and don't seem to be distressed by the spikes. I'm not suffering any nasty headaches, dizziness, or anything. Just mega swollen lower legs, feet and my hands have begun getting pretty puffy also. I'm retaining a ton of fluid. But I feel relatively good still. I'm where I need to be to keep the babies healthy and growing while they monitor me. Got shot in the butt today, first half of the steroid for their lungs. Help me stay in the good zone so the babies grow more!

I've gotten to travel from Arizona to Michigan and then back down to Texas. Road trip memories to last a lifetime.

@breezybee Oh Girl I might have lost it completely. You have handled it with grace and dignity and less swear words than I would have. I'm so with you on hugging these babies. Our little girl constantly has the hiccups. Our son is the stubborn one that doesn't want to cooperate with any of the monitors/us/bpps.

@leilagphillips Glad that the contractions stopped. Grrr on the mold issue, we've got minor drywall cracking that is bothersome but doesn't let in moisture.

@wabash15 My father-in-law swears by green onion stems...Now at two your daughter probably has taste buds that say no to those.
  • Options
    @stella_700 sorry your in the hospital. Stupid BP. Glad the babies look good though. I hope your able to come home for a while and those kiddos keep cooking.  Keep us updated on how things are going. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    I'm happy to hear all of you ladies are hanging in there so far and we haven't had any arrivals just yet!  

@wabash15 this first round of molars may be the death of me too.  Seriously. I'm not looking forward to round 2.  

How far along are you? 33 weeks today with a singleton

Any appointments this week/last? I had an OB appt on Tuesday. Everything seemed good at my 10 minute appointment. I sometimes miss my MFM appts where I got to see the babies regularly.  Anyway... baby is head down and moving a lot.  My c section is scheduled for Dec. 8, if we make it to that point. 

GTNY: Tell me a random fact about yourself!  My big toes and thumbs are double jointed and I noticed not to long ago one of my twins also has double jointed thumbs.  That's really random I know...  I also have my motorcycle license, but I don't own a motorcycle. Probably never will at this point, as I'm currently in the process of purchasing a minivan.  :)

What rants/raves/questions/advice? I have started to nest over the last two weeks and I had a dream the other morning that labor was starting. I woke up and my boobs had leaked all over the bed. I'm really hoping my body holds out for at least a few more weeks yet. I'm not mentally ready yet. I still have to get that minivan! ha! 

Oh and we did maternity/family pictures last weekend.  Got the last usable day before it got cold. I can't wait to get them back! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Also in case anyone wants to stock up, starting on Sunday Target has another baby essentials sale. Spend $75 and get $20 back on diapers, formula, wipes, etc.  Usually it's spend $100 or $125.  Good time to buy diapers to stock pile. Don't forget to check cartwheel for coupons. You can also use your registry completion code and redcard for additional savings!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tmk0325 solidarity with the teething! eep december 8th?!?  that is coming up! Hooray for getting to 33 weeks, I hope your dream was just one of those crazy pregnancy ones and not a premonition. (though I will say I had a dream last week that I had given birth to this one and right after labor an old mentor of mine asked me if I was ready to be pregnant with twins again. I lost my shit in my dream.) I too sometimes miss the detailed MFM appointments, getting to see the babies all the time was so reassuring. GL finding the minivan. I know I felt much better once we had ours.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @stella_700 I've had majorly swollen feet and ankles the last few days too. I don't fit into any of my fall boots and it's upsetting! I've been elevating my feet in the evenings and that helps, but by the end of the day they're all puffed up again. Hoping these babies come before the first snow so I can just keep wearing my flats until they arrive!
  • Options
    I can’t fit into any of my boots. It’s so depressing. Well, I can fit my left leg into one, but not the right lol. At least it’s still in the freaking high 80’s over here!
    @stella_700 Im so sorry you landed in the hospital!  At least your docs can longer you closely there. Try not to get too bored ;)
  • Options
    @breezybee My right leg is more swollen than the left too most of the time! So annoying! It's just recently started cooling down here, but yesterday it was quite chilly. I also need to get a jacket that closes all the way lol.
  • Options
    @tmk0325 Thanks for the tip about Target! I went to a friend's baby shower yesterday so I got a box of diapers, some wipes, and a bottle for her and a couple of boxes of diapers for me and was able to get the gift card! I also was able to take about $7 off with cartwheel discounts.