June 2018 Moms
Options

pgal check in week of 10/25

How far along are you?

Any milestones you would like to mention?

Any appointments coming up?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

How are you doing (Dear diary posts welcome)? 

GTKY:  What are some small things that make your day better?

Re: pgal check in week of 10/25

• Options
    How far along are you?
    8+1

None

Still waiting for my clinic to call & set up my first ultrasound appt. Other than that, first prenatal on Nov 22.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I just want to fast forward 4 weeks & feel more at ease.

Haven't been doing too great this past week. I can't help but feel like this isn't real & won't happen for us. With my past two pregnancies ending in loss, that feels like the new normal and I hate that. I hate that I don't have any upcoming appointments to help ease my mind & I am honestly dreading that first appointment where they check for the heartbeat.. like I'm actually really really terrified for the chance that they won't find one.

My favourite part of the day is when DH comes home from work. Bath time with DD in the evening and just being together as a fam.
  • Options
    1. 7 weeks 5 days 
    2. Had an us yesterday and saw a heartbeat :)
    3. Next appt is the day before thanksgiving for the NT US. I told my office I had to be seen before thanksgiving bc DH wants to announce to his family that weekend and I need confirmation things are still ok before then. 
    4. I had book club at my house last night and I was so tired and just wanted everyone to go home lol. Pretended to drink a mixed drink in my tervis the whole night, wonder if I fooled anyone. 
    5. I think I'm doing better seeing the heartbeat yesterday, but still apprehensive. 
    6. My favorite part of the day is snuggling with DD in the morning! And afternoon snuggle too :) 

@bkrahn that's frustrating that you haven't been able to have an appt yet :( I hope they call you back and get you scheduled soon so you can have a little relief. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8+6

We saw that heartbeat last Thursday, 8 wks. Neither of our losses made it that far. So everyday since then is like a new milestone.

Next OB apt next wed. I'll be a day short of 10wks, so begging for the Doppler.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I want to rant on how I feel. I shouldn't complain cause since wk 6 it's been so much easier then I've heard other people are. But I'm at a loss on what to eat. I'm losing my appetite for even the last few things I had going for me. I don't feel nauseated, but gross & don't want to put anything in my mouth.

see my rant lol. otherwise, I'm ok. I feel myself allowing myself to accept that maybe this will happen and be ok. Then there's that little voice in my head telling me to cool it... I've had friends still lose it after a HB. And genetic tests aren't done yet.

DS is a given. And reality tv lol
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @bkrahn I totally get what you're saying. I had that same 'is this the norm for us?!' feeling at a point when I felt out with this pregnancy. Our past 2 were losses also. With none before DS. Hope times speeds up for you.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8w 5d

Any milestones you would like to mention? Well I'm technically past my day that my pp stopped developing. But since it was an mmc... I will literally get no solace until I get out of this first trimester or an u/s. 

Any appointments coming up? No

Rants/Raves/Questions?

How are you doing (Dear diary posts welcome)? I'm finding this week super rough. I want to go get an u/s but don't want to have a repeat outcome. Ugh. So that's pretty un fantastic. 

GTKY:  What are some small things that make your day better? Keeping myself busy. Doppler are the devil btw. I really need to just bury it until I get past 11 weeks. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @catlady1215 and @katie121209 I'm so happy for you both with heartbeats!!

@bkrahn I completely know what you are feeling. :frowning: I literally refuse to go in to see anyone until week 13 or 14 because I really just don't think I can handle another ordeal alone again. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you?  7+6

Any milestones you would like to mention? I haven’t been an anxious mess in about a week. Our follow up ultrasound is coming up on Monday though, so I’m sure it will ramp up again soon.

Any appointments coming up? Follow up ultrasound on Monday. Hoping things have progressed since the last one.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I’ve decided I need to pause my keto diet for the time being. I’m disappointed because I worked my butt off to lose 61lbs before getting pregnant and I was hoping to continue with the lifestyle during pregnancy. Not necessarily to lose weight but not eating carbs is what works for my body, but with low blood sugar issues, it’s not possible for now.

How are you doing (Dear diary posts welcome)? For now I’m ok. I’m sure the closer we get to monday, the more anxious I’ll get.

GTKY:  What are some small things that make your day better? Seeing how happy ds is when dh gets home from work. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    7 weeks!
    I am not past my loss point yet so nothing on that but seeing the little flicker on the ultrasound screen last week gave me extra hope. 
    Next week I have another scan and appointment. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I feel so so tired and loopy and the nausea hit full blast last week. I started the diclegis and it’s really helping. 
    How are you doing (Dear diary posts welcome)? I don’t know how to put into words how I’m feeling. I wanted my last baby so bad that I feel like my brain won’t let me even want this baby because wanting it ended in a nightmare? I feel very very detached. It’s the weirdest feeling. No jumping for joy and excited screams. I just cry. Cry at the positive test. Cry at the scan. Cry when I tell my husband. I should be screaming with joy and I’m crying. I really feel like the joy is not here and I don’t know how to get it. 

GTKY:  What are some small things that make your day better? The sun!
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    8 weeks and 3 days 

None right now

I just had my family history/educational appointment this morning, I have an ultrasound in two weeks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Why does food that sounded so good one day always make me gag the next day? This is getting old. My fridge is filled with takeout boxes. 

I’m doing pretty well, I was a little nervous over the weekend when my symptoms tapered way down. But the nausea is back with a vengeance,  I’m ready for it to fade away again. 

Candles, Target, candles at Target.. 
    @doxiemoxie212 DH and I do belly hugs too, it really does the trick!
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I totally get what you are saying. I'm so back and forth on this entire ordeal. I might just have to bite the bullet and pack as if I'm going to have another bad news situation and then go. Because it would be worse if I went again totally unprepared for it. Idk. Ugh.. I'm such an internal mess right now. And you're totally right about the doppler thing...because I have no idea where the placenta is located or anything. The only difference I've noticed this time VS last time is I have symptoms. The last time I didn't. Not really..and I'm also not convinced that the symptoms mean anything. I'm just so uncertain about what to do. But ultimately you're right. I know they don't cause it and it would be worse to just prolong the not knowing when something will have to be done about it I think? I mean does the body eventually do something about it? What about many bazillion years ago when we didn't have D&C? As you can see I really don't want to go... Mostly it's because of the level of difficulty it is to get there. Grrr.... Thanks for reading. 
  • Options
    @Dashaina I think all the time about how our bodies dealt with this stuff centuries ago! Like, wut. But then I remember, oh right, we died a lot sooner, and death due to pregnancy stuff was sooo much more common. And from what I understand, the situation with a MMC is that you often continue to have all the symptoms of pregnancy -- I don't want to create more panic or anxiety, I just think if it's possible for you to get a first trimester ultrasound, it'll put your mind at ease. Also, if something bad happens again, you might want that data sooner than later re: RPL testing. Obviously all your choice, and I hope you feel more at ease either way soon. 
  • Options
    @40momma I am also sorry you're struggling too. It is such a freaking mind game this pregnancy thing. Grrr.
    @doxiemoxie212 it's moments like this where I wish I could just be back at our old home in the states near comfort and easy medical access. I honestly don't even know what testing stuff they offer/do here. Literally I have no idea about the pregnancy process here. I think perhaps I'll see about going in to the hospital next week. Idk. I'm like not stressing about it daily or anything.. But then all of a sudden it hits me and I'm just like my baby could be dead right now and how would I even know?? ...dammit. :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    @Dashaina yeah, your situation is definitely unique. Maybe there are more Panama-specific pregnancy sites online that have info? I have to imagine someone has posted something on Youtube lol. (Am I the only one who watches crazy birth videos on youtube?) 
  • Options
    @40momma how funny we were both hosting book club this week lol. On a serious note though I hope Friday comes soon and you get excellent news 
    @napqueen your username is me every day now lol!! Sorry about your nausea, our fridge is also packed with lots of random food that fits my current appetite. 
    @tammy574 hugs to you
  • Options
    Apparently I'm not allowed to tag anyone.  :/
    But -- I love the idea of belly time-- husband said not a chance! Haha. 
    I have seen far too many crazy birth videos on YouTube. You can find anyyyyyyything! 
    How far along are you? 7+5

I am technically past my loss mark for both losses, but one was a MMC that went undetected until nearly 10 weeks. No relief in this department as of yet. 
    Another ultrasound next Wednesday. Praying for a nice strong heartbeat this time. At 6+2 the heartbeat was detected at 90, so not strong enough for my doctor to feel confident we were on the right track. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    How can one be starving AND on the brink of vomiting, at the very same moment?!?! Ugh. So annoying. 
    I'm still a little numb, more than i thought I was. Just found out a good friend is due within a couple days of me & the absolute joy I felt when she told me she was expecting just kind of amplified my nerves and hesitation to be excited about a baby that might not be. 
    Tea. Snuggling my girl. Sleeeeeeeeep. I am just exhausted lately. 
  • Options
    @Dashaina before we had our first loss, I didn't even know missed miscarriages existed. And I think knowing that, and experiencing that, is really messing this pregnancy up for me. Because we found out at 12 weeks that I had lost it early on, and now that I'm drawing closer & closer to 12 weeks.. idk, it just scares me. The closer I get, the more anxiety & flashbacks I get. Plus I've been having loss nightmares, and those are awful.
  • Options
    @40momma @tammy574 so sorry you ladies are feeling that way :( creepy internet hugs!
  • Options
    @bkrahn a MMC essentially killed all my faith that my body was "made for this" & "knows exactly what to do"  leaves you (or at least me) just paranoid.
  • Options
    reikotxmreikotxm member
    edited October 2017
    How far along are you? 7+1

Any milestones you would like to mention? My milestone is taking it day by day. It’s making me anxious Day by day cuz I had a MMC at 20 weeks... It still haunts me thinking of that 20 week appt to go find out the sex, only to hear absolute silence and see no movement in the US... so just waiting on this first US is scaring me quite a bit

Any appointments coming up? next week is my first one

Rants/Raves/Questions? I finally got over my sickness I had about 2 weeks ago!

How are you doing (Dear diary posts welcome)? I was finally able to go back to my workout classes this week and although I’m a little scared to be working out, I feel better.

GTKY:  What are some small things that make your day better? it’s a love hate relationship, but the little bouts of sleepiness and the super sore boobs make me feel better. When I had my MMC I did notice some symptoms weren’t as noticeable, but figured it was the second trimester bit of relief... 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS: born Feb 2012
    BFP #1 Aug '15. EDD 4/25/16, MMC Dec '15, D&E Dec '15
    BFP #2 Sept '17  EDD 6/18/18
    praying for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    - 5+3
    - I had my pregnancy confirmed at the hospital on base (just a urine test) so I was able to schedule my first appt which is an ultrasound on Nov 15
    - Nov 15 for ultrasound then I have to do a group appt on the 22nd. I really don’t know what that will entail but honestly I hate being around pregnant women who haven’t experienced a loss because that have that blissful ignorance that I will never have again. So I’m hoping I can sit in the back and not talk to anyone. 
    - I’m finally getting over this cold I’ve had for like a week. I’ve been terrified something would happen to baby because of it so I’m glad it’s almost over 
    - I’m doing ok. I say my mantras to myself every morning and I am trying to convince myself it’s ok to look at baby names and get excited. But I still have moments of anxiety and fear that I will face another loss. 
    - GTKY- talking to my family makes my day better. I am currently living in England and they are all in the states so we can’t talk as much as I like. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    @Dashaina good vibes!
  • Options
    @dashaina all the positive thoughts your way! 
  • Options
    I could tag and write to everyone on here, but it'd all be the same thing practically... cause this shit sucks! so so bad! I hate that theres so many of us on here dealing with this. sending hugs to everyone.

@dashaina thinking of you today and keeping everything crossed. I think its a good idea to just make the trip and see how its all going.

@doxiemoxie212 thanks for the suggestion! I was actually doing soup broth a few weeks ago. it gave me bad after tastes and I haven't wanted it since, grrrr. but I had DH pick up a quart of potato soup from a local place yesterday.. potatoes, the only thing sounding half way decent right now. tasted amazing, then I burped it up for an hour. I will be finishing it today though lol.
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I love your perspective on MMC!
  • Options
    @Dashaina Welcome back!  Seems like it's been awhile since you posted!  I'm so glad you're going in today to get an u/s.  FX everything is perfect and you get to see that beautiful heartbeat and can stop worrying so much!  

It sounds like it's been a rough week for everyone around here.  Can we all do a big creepy internet group hug?  PGAL is awful.  Like @profmcgonagall said, we don't have that blissful ignorance that we once had.  It's so hard to be positive after these losses, but I feel like it's so important to be positive.  And I know, easier said than done. I love that you @40momma give your baby love every day!  What a great idea!  

Hang in there ladies!  Today, WE ARE PREGNANT!  Let's embrace that and celebrate each day that we get to spend with these precious little babies.  

How far along are you? 8+2
    Any milestones you would like to mention? Our last loss was at 9 weeks, about a week after we heard the heartbeat, so I kind of feel like I will be on cloud 9 once we make it past that. 

Any appointments coming up? November 9th

Rants/Raves/Questions? None at the moment

How are you doing (Dear diary posts welcome)?  I have been doing well.  Symptoms come and go and I much rather they go, as weird as that sounds.  I'm a baby and absolutely worthless when I don't feel well.  After seeing the strong little heartbeat last week, I have been more calm and confident about this pregnancy.  Still scared about the PPD and PPA part of things as I mentioned in a post yesterday but will be more proactive about things this time.  And DH and I actually talked about some names yesterday with DD at supper so that was really fun!  

GTKY:  What are some small things that make your day better? I love getting home from work and being greeted by the kiddos and DH.  Not much beats big smiles and hugs from everyone (most days I get one from DH but not all) as soon as you walk in the door.  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Aww ladies it seems like all of us are having a really bad anxiety week.  FX for everyone- Hopefully we are all able to find heartbeats during all of our u/s and doppler tests.  I wish I could say something that would be comforting- but unfortunately we all know that nothing really calms down the pgal brain.  Keep doing whatever you need to get through the day.

How far along are you?
    8w2d

We just got back from our first appointment.  New doctor/ practice and I feel much better.  I liked the doctor and didn't feel that any of my fears were being dismissed.  We were able to see the little bean on the u/s and seeing that little flickering heart was comforting (if only for a brief moment).  Unfortunately, our first pregnancy had an initial u/s at 8 weeks and before the week was over the heart stopped and it took us another 4 weeks to find out.  My second pregnancy had u/s at 7 and 9 weeks (I had some bleeding) and both those ultrasounds looked find too- but at 10 weeks we lost that one too.  Getting through the next month will be the hardest for me, but I'm not above lying to my doctor about some bleeding if it means I can get in for another u/s and see first hand that little heartbeat again.

I have to schedule our NT scan & AMA testing along with the next dr appointment.  I am going to call our health insurance tomorrow and confirm all of the testing she wants done is covered before I schedule.  Hoping to have everything schedule for the week of Thanksgiving so I can go into the holiday with some confidence in telling my family.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I saw the heartbeat today.  Really nothing beats that for a rave.

I covered my anxiety in my milestones

The pictures I get of DD throughout the day help make the day better.  Also Ginger Ale helps with the nausea.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @chloandcoco You rock at tagging everyone!!  Thank you!!  

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

• Options
    @Dashaina thinking of you!! Hope all goes well!
  • Options
    How far along are you?  8w4d

Any milestones you would like to mention? With both losses, betas had started dropping earlier than 8 weeks. So seeing baby on ultrasound past the 8wk mark felt great

Any appointments coming up? My first OB appt and 3rd ultrasound was on Monday, so now not again until 11/20

Rants/Raves/Questions? Something I have really been wondering about.. any other STM have a textbook healthy first pregnancy, and then go on to have progesterone deficiency in subsequent pregnancies? I was started on supplements less than a week after my BFP as it had already started to trend down. I’m now fairly certain my 2 losses were progesterone deficiency related too. 

How are you doing (Dear diary posts welcome)? Over the weekend I had convinced myself that I wasn’t progressing, but ultrasound on Monday showed baby measuring 2 days ahead and HR 170s! What a big change from my 5w5d ultrasound with a HR of 92 and 8 days small. So I think I’ll be able to keep riding this wave of relief for another week or so, and then probably be straight up anxious until my 12 week appointment comes along. 

GTKY:  What are some small things that make your day better?  DD (2) latest thing when I ask her a question is answering “You bet!” Not sure where this came from but it cracks me up every time!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco the dr actually wants me to do quiet a few extra u/s but they are all later in the pregnancy.  I have a doppler at home and should be able to start picking up a heartbeat next week (if not by week 10), so I'm sure I'll be using that daily.  If I get really anxious I can call.  She seems like the kind of doctor to try to squeeze me in to calm my nerves- but I'm hoping the doppler will do the trick.  I'm also prefectly fine being annoying AF with multiple calls and straight up lying about bleeding if it gets me in the door when I'm freaking out.

Also, I got my BFP my 2nd week of work, so I don't want to have too many doctor appointments or announce my pregnancy yet.  With DD I let me boss know early into the pregnancy because I was going to take any and every extra appointment I could get.  

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @lisa2589 That's great that baby was looking so good and measuring ahead!  

I was not on progesterone with DD but was with DS and am again this time around.  She was pretty much a perfect, textbook pregnancy (outside of a little spotting around 7 or 8 weeks).  They did not check my progesterone with ANY of my previous pregnancies until I advocated for myself with DS.  I don't know where my levels were with any of the losses or anything, even though with loss #5 I asked, but they didn't check it and my next appt was already too late because I had already lost our baby girl.  I'm chalking DD up to being a complete miracle.  With DS is started out good but then dropped 10 point within a few days, started supplement and it bumped back up and went on to have a healthy baby boy!  

All are welcome!

• Options
    @ChloandCoco great news with your numbers! I have a full weekend planned, so hopefully it keeps my mind off of things and moves quickly! 

@lisa2589 awesome news from your ultrasound! You must be breathing a little easier! 
  • Options
    @Dashaina Thinking about you girl!!! Hoping everything is going well!!  

All are welcome!