Infertility
Options

Intro / WTHeck - Stenotic Cervix?!

First off, brief intro, because I'm a lurker. I've probably read thousands, no joke, of posts over the last 4.5 yrs of TTC. Mostly because, well, doctors are scary, and I am teeeeerrified of multiples, but, well.... I'm giving up on the "all natural homeopathic" ideas. Hint: I told my brand new OBGYN today what all I've tried over the last roughly five years. She hadn't even heard of all of it. But, hey, we've all been there, to some bit of the land of insanity. (I fired my last two - one kept contradicting herself on possibilities and wanting to put me through unnecessary tests, and the other had so many patients that my appt got canceled - WHILE I WAS SITTING THERE WAITING. Ugh!)

Well, when we started trying... everything looked normal. Six months later, doctor asked if I'd gone back on bc. Nope. Ran blood work. Testosterone was only slightly high, LSH was only slightly low. Ran more blood work. Good news - not diabetic. Doctor figured I had PCOS, put me on Metformin. No luck, unless you count it making me sick. Quit Metformin. More blood work and an internal ultrasound. (I call it the camera-tipped dildo.) No cysts. No issues. Nothing. Everything friggin' normal. Maybe I'm just too fat.

DH's stuff is normal. I'm normal. Everything is freakin' normal in every freakin' test they could think to do. So, I figured, every doctor but my general practitioner needed replaced. (She's sweet and mean at the same time, and will tell me it's my own danged fault if I don't take pills for XYZ that XYZ bothers me, like the flu and not finishing the Z-pack.) So, went to brand new OBGYN today.

And, for the first time, I have a solid diagnosis on something that isn't a maybe this or maybe that. I have a stenotic cervix. The friggin' hole is mostly shut. His storm troopers can't raid the ship because the gates are closed. There's just a tiny opening the size of a womprat that has to be shot into juuuust right.

The procedures to open it are painful. And temporary. And not guaranteed to even help. And IVF and IUI are now out of the question.

I can't say I've ever seen anybody here say anything about a stenotic cervix / cervical stenosis. I sure as hell haven't seen any success stories. And, I know y'all don't know me, but I could really use a success story, a cheer up, ideas on how to fix this issue more permanently. Like, can't they just... put like a stint in there and keep it open?

Re: Intro / WTHeck - Stenotic Cervix?!

• Options
    Hi! I'm sorry that you find yourself here. I'm not familiar with your diagnosis from first-hand experience, but it would shock me if there were no options with IVF. Namely, I would think they'd be able to do some sort of manual dilation under sedation to do an embryo transfer. Have you seen an RE to discuss this?