Infertility
Options

Headache due to IVF drugs

Hello ladies,

I have been gone again for a while. Just needed to not think about infertility for a while to get myself ready for this adventure! So, we finally started IVF treatment two days ago after a cancelled cycle. I took Follistim 350IU for the last two days and from the first moment I have awful headaches. I dont have clear mind and cant sleep at night from the headache. I dont take any pain killers so I wanted to see if this is a common side effect and if you have done anything natural to address this issue. 

Thanks!
xoxox
Ilky

Re: Headache due to IVF drugs

• Options
    Hello, I am sorry you are dealing with headaches! I had the same issue when going through IVF cycle in September. Nothing helped with it, I was almost overdosing on tylenol and the headache would not go away. It got better 4-5 days into it, I guess my body got used to the hormonal storm. Also dark places and classical music seemed to ease it a little bit. And plenty of fluids and pepermint tea. Good luck with your cycle! Hope you feel better soon
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    BFP Apr 2017 - late diagnosed EP, right tube removed, left tube scarred.
    Dx: tubal IF
    IVF Sept 2017, 7 R, 6M, 6F- 4 blasts, 1 transferred fresh - CP
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
    FET #3 BFP!!! EDD 12/15/2018!
  • Options
    I also got awful headaches. Migraine-like. The only relief was resting in a dark, quiet room. And same as previous poster, they subsided after about 4-5 days but got much better on day 3. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had similar headaches on the first couple of days of my first cycle.... thought something bad was happening (even thought about emergency room, but of course I’m like.... but I want babies... lol)
    i stuck it out and it got better.
  • Options
    I also had terrible headaches pretty much the full 12 days of stimming. It went away after I triggered. Just like PPs, darkness helped me. I also iced my neck which helped a lot. 

• Options
    I had a major headache for one afternoon/evening, but I took a Tylenol and was able to sleep it off. I know these medications have a different impact on everyone. I hope you are feeling better soon!
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! It feels a little better today. I took one white willow capsule yesterday and it helped tremendously. I'll try the dark places, it sounds like it will for sure help. Today is day 4 on stims and I hope my body is used to this roller coaster already. I was literally crying from the pain last night, and I very rarely get headaches. Good luck to everyone! love xoxox