Infertility
Options

Infertility after c-section

Hi everyone, 

Been trying to get pregnant for the second time for over a year now (first is 3 year 7 months old) and nothing is happening. I have a dr. appointment coming up but the last time I saw my OBGYN (about 6 months ago) she said everything is fine with me and I'm perfectly healthy. I'm 30 years old and my periods are regular and have a regular 28 day cycle. I have tried everything you can without a prescription and nothing. I know that it is rare to develop secondary infertility after having a c-section, but I'm convinced this is my issue. I had an unplanned c-section and I truly believe it was an unnecessary c-section and now I can't help but think my fertility issues is a direct result from it. Of course I will be discussing this with my OBGYN, but just curious to hear if this was the case for anyone and would love to hear your story. 

Re: Infertility after c-section

• Options
    I had a hystetoscopy when I came back to the IF clinic since I had a c section with my first baby (which was ivf). They just checked for scarring or any other issues and wasn't a big deal. I think it's sort of routine as a first step after a later miscarriage or c section, for my clinic anyway
  • Options
    ^^^wss. I have had issues following my second c/s and they checked for a few things.

The only thing they’ve found for me is that it seems like my Ute attached to the anterior wall of my abs, which raised my cervix up and just put some space between ovaries and Fallopian tubes. I’m having a surgery to hopefully correct it. But ultimately, it wasn’t the issue on my end. Just something we have to fix to make transfers easier during IVF. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is possible that the c-section could have caused a problem that is causing your IF, but secondary IF is also possible and unfortunately quite common. Your OB will do tests to check that your uterus is okay but will also run a bunch of hormone tests and YH will also need testing to rule out any sperm issues.
  • Options
    Just chat with your OB.. I think it’s their job to reassure us at the start so we don’t get stressed, but now when you go back they’ll do testing.

TW * I have a 4 year old and her delivery was really rough. When we started trying for baby 2 I assumed it was from that, maybe something got damaged. We did all the tests and found out I had one blocked tube and the other ovary was a dud. We just think my daughter was a lucky blessing. But in this journey I learned secondary IF is a thing and more common than you’d think. Feel free to message me, hope they can find an answer!