Pregnant after IF
Options

Bleeding and need some love/reassurance

So I am 13 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins from IVF, and this morning I woke up and my underwear was completely covered in blood (had I turned on the light when I peed 3 times in the middle of the night I'm sure I would have discovered it sooner, but why interrupt my sleep more than necessary?). Anyway I called the doc and fortunately they were able to get me in pretty quickly. They did an ultrasound and the babies were jumping around and had nice strong heartbeats, and he said to try not to worry cause everything looked great.

So I'm trying not to worry, cause really those babies were nice and active and doc said not to worry and he's been doing this for decades so he should know what he's talking about. BUT...coming from anyone who's dealt with infertility, that is WAY easier said than done. It took us 3 rounds of IVF to get here so I'm trying really hard to hope and have faith that these babies will come out healthy and alive but I'm kinda used to everything going wrong. The most logical explanation I can come up with is that this is the rest of my subchorionic hemorrhage resolving itself (started at 7 wks, bled for like 2 seconds, went down and wasn't super visible around 10 weeks) cause I did pass a pretty big clot and it looks like the bleeding is tapering off, so again I'm trying to be calm (sorry for the TMI, but I figured you guys would get it). 

Could really use some success stories and/or just love and sympathy! Thanks! 

Re: Bleeding and need some love/reassurance

• Options
    @nmtay sending love your way! I know bleeding in the first trimester is so scary especially after everything you've gone through to get where you are. It's great to hear that the babies looked good on the US!! But I know how it feels to have the doctor sort of brush off your concerns. I had bleeding a few times during the first trimester and it was definitely unsettling. Although I didn't have a subchorionic hemorrhage, which it sounds like you identified as the cause, my doctor did say that bleeding up through weeks 15-16 is common. She said there is a lot more blood flow in your uterus and cervix in the beginning, and your blood supply increases paired with swollen blood vessels in that area can also cause the bleeding. I know it's hard to relax, but try trust your doctor if he said all is well and take it easy tonight!
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @nmtay hugs spotting is so scary.  It can be totally normal. I have spotted/bled with all 3 of my pregnancies with no obvious cause. TW** the first ended in a late first trimester loss end TW*** but the other two have been term or getting to term with out any other issues. I'm glad the twins look good and were dancing around. I know its hard but if its just bleeding is probably OK. if your feeling pain, cramping or anything else go back and get checked. Big hugs and remember today you are pregnant. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's scary but that's so great you saw bouncing babies! I wrote off this IVF cycle, my bleeding was like a full period, but I'm currently 39 weeks with a healthy baby. Take it easy, it's a good excuse for a night on the couch :) hugs!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this! Glad you saw healthy ultrasound babies though!

I spotted about 6 times in my pregnancy- about half of that was bright red blood. I called my OB each time, panicking. There was literally no explanation. My miracle baby girl is 7 weeks old today and crying at me right now  :)
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Options
    I had spotting the first 4 months..it's nerve wracking and hard not to stress but it is good all checked out on your ultrasound...my dd is a happy healthy 7 mo tommorrow! 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Options
    Thank you all so much!!! Bleeding seems to have cleared up just fine over the past 2 days, and tomorrow I'm going back to the doctor for my regular 14 week appointment, so hopefully that will resolve the rest of my remaining worries! Thanks for the love and the stories, it is definitely helping!
  • Options
    A friend of mine had pretty regular, fairly heavy bleeding up through week 16 or so, and her daughter is now 6 months old and doing great.  You were totally right to call the doctor, but babies look healthy and the bleeding has cleared up, so stay positive!