June 2018 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-In 10/23

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In 10/23

• @marcus7676 glad the bleeding calmed down. keeping everything crossed. wish they could just sneak you in for an ultrasound, just to calm your nerves. nov 15 must feel like a lifetime away when you're worried.
    thanks! maybe i'll try those. I don't eat much candy, so I'm not sure what stays sour and doesn't eventually get sweet, if that makes sense.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Loading the player...
  • @icecubeinthedesert
    Holy moly!! Twins? Triplets? That is a super high number for only 5 weeks!!
  • @icecubeinthedesertThat's a great number, but since it's so high it might not double in two days, just keep that in mind :)
    @marcus7676 That's great that the bleeding slowed down!
    @zamora_spin That's a great beta number! And yay for feeling nauseous!

AFM, I got a call yesterday asking to interview for a position that I applied to 1.5 months ago... I do think I'm overqualified for the job, but it might be a nice change of pace.
  • @icecubeinthedesert Wow those are some impressive numbers! Do you have an upcoming u/s?

@TravelingCouple Ugh sorry you're sick. So this is weird and gross, but it totally worked for my friend when she was in the hospital after having her twins a few months back. She was super constipated, so they gave her a mixture of half apple juice/half prune juice, and warmed up. She said it wasn't that bad tasting, and it worked for her in like 30 minutes. So that might be something to try? My u/s is tomorrow at 10am.

@zamora_spin Yayayaya for more than doubling numbers! I hope you feel some relief and can relax a bit! I know that stress can just take so much out of you, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
  • Jealous of y’all who have intuition! Lol 
  • @ChloandCoco, that's why I'm wondering if I even need to get another draw tomorrow. It's going to be such a hassle some I have to get to the airport by 8.

@zamora_spin, great to hear that your numbers are still on track!

@Hollyyyyy, not until Nov 13th. I'll be 8.5 weeks then.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @icecubeinthedesert those numbers!! Woohoo!

@zamora_spin yay! So happy for your numbers!
    i had a similar first thought. Right away I was like it's a girl. Now I'm questioning myself. I guess I have a 50/50 percent chance I'm right lol. I honestly couldn't careless though.

@chloandcoco that's exciting! I say it can't hurt to do the interview just see how it plays out.

• *TW I'm out*

Hey guys thanks so much for all of your support these last couple of weeks. It's been great hanging out with you all, and getting to know you. We just had my first and last u/s, and all we could see was a little spot of fluid, but no embryo. On Friday I get to take some pills (vaginally, yay) that will help me miscarry, if I don't do it naturally before then. I'll be back in TTGP rooting for you all and your sticky little beans! I'll be lurking hard!

• @Hollyyyyy aw, I'm so sad to hear that. Take care of yourself! 
  • krash_krash_ member
    edited October 2017
    @Hollyyyyy I am so sorry for your loss. :heartbreak:
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @hollyyyyy I'm so so sorry :( take care of yourself
  • @Hollyyyyy I'm so sorry. Make sure you take all the time you need to grieve and remember that it's ok to not be ok. **creepy internet hugs**
  • Lurking***  @Hollyyyyy
    I have been lurking this thread, I am so sorry for your loss. Loss on top of IF is such a double whammy. I have had to go the pill route to induce the m/c. I have known several people myself included who have not had it work the first time and might have to do 2-3 rounds, for others it works fine the first time around. Also you can get some pretty intense cramping. I recommend lining up some good movies or Netflix, junk food and some snuggles on the couch. again I am so sorry you have to go through this 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @Hollyyyyy I'm so sorry. ((((hugs))))
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • HollyyyyyHollyyyyy member
    edited October 2017
    @wabash15
    Thanks so much. It really does suck, and IF especially can suck it. On the plus side (if there is one?), we've had a good idea this was going to happen since last Monday, so at least it isn't completely out of left field. My RE did prescribe me 4 of the pills, in case it didn't work for me the first or second day. I really haven't missed booze at all, but I think I see lots of wine in my future this weekend. 
  • @Hollyyyyy I am so sorry for your loss. All the hugs. I have been through it with the pills and I sent you a pm with some info.
  • @Hollyyyyy - I'm so sorry  :/ ***hugs***
  • @Hollyyyyy I am so so sorry :( Wish I could hug you IRL.
  • @Hollyyyyy so sorry for your loss! Lots of hugs and T&P to you and your DH!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Hollyyyyy, I'm so very sorry. Please take care of yourself. (((Hugs)))

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Shit, @Hollyyyyy, I'm so incredibly sorry. I'm sending you all of my hugs right now. Take time to grieve, and take care of yourself. *hugs*

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @Hollyyyyy I am so sorry.  Be kind to yourself in the upcoming days and weeks.  So many hugs (and wine) to you!

• @Hollyyyyy I am so sorry - be kind to yourself - creepy internet hugs 
  • How are you guys doing?

I started spotting lightly on Thursday evening, so I went for blood work yesterday afternoon. Second draw will be Monday morning and my doctor will call me Monday afternoon with the results. So far no spotting today, so I'm not super worried at the moment.
    My MS is getting out of control, so I'm going to ask her about that on Monday. Mints and crackers and ginger candies aren't touching it today. :sweat:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 Sorry for the spotting. Fx it’s nothing, does seem like it is usually nothing with spotting. I’m so sorry you have such bad ms - it’s a great sign but also must be really difficult to live your day to day. Your dr could probably prescribe you some meds to take when it is bad. 

I had another very short wave of nausea this am. I stocked up on sea bands, ginger tea and preggie pop drops but so far it just passes quickly on its own without help. Idk if any of those things might help you, @izza2, they are just remedies I’ve heard of. But if it’s really bad for you you may need zofran.
  • @zamora_spin @izza2 there’s a part of me that’s jealous of the nausea, not gonna lie. Like, I hate being nauseated and I hope the universe is just doing me a solid by not forcing me to undergo my least favorite thing, but I think it would make me less worried something is wrong. I am irrationally worried this flu is bad for the baby (even tho I’m making sure I don’t get overheated etc), and per usual, I don’t even get stomach symptoms with the flu (I’ve literally only ever gotten nausea from motion sickness, never from a bug, but I get motion sick even on planes soooooo). 

@izza2 sorry about the spotting. You’re right that it’s almost certainly nothing, but it’s still annoying I’m sure. Good vibes your way! 
  • @izza2 I’m sorry you started spotting. As for the ms, have you tried sparkling water with lemon? But if you are struggling, which it sounds like you are, ask for the meds!
  • @izza2 Sorry you are dealing with spotting and nausea. Hopefully your doc will be able to help in Monday. 

I’m genuinely getting a little uncomfortable with my lack of symptoms. I’ve been tired, but that is it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 I have known a couple of women IRL who said they had ms, and others like my sis who had terrible ms but it didn't start until sometime in week 9. So, there's still time to be miserable. I totally feel you and @LaceyBee522on the wanting symptoms - I know I will regret saying that if I get hit hard with ms, but, the little bits I've had have felt reassuring. The ms I've had has been like, the shortest episode, not more than 10 minutes of feeling yuck with a rising need to vomit, and then, it just goes away. It's only happened twice as well - and both times it was after having guacamole toast for breakfast, something I usually eat all the time. The first time it was a couple hours after breakfast and this morning it was within an hour of eating. Maybe try eating guacamole toast, lol. 
  • @zamora_spin I hate avocado, so that might actually work! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @izza2 FX your spotting is just par for the course and nothing to worry about. Let us know what you hear Monday
  • @izza2 fingers crossed for great blood results and the spotting to be nothing to worry about. But bad symptoms are probably a good sign... as awful as they feel. Hope they let up alittle for you.

AFM. Synptoms are the same. Getting close to 9.5 wks. No real nause for weeks now. But I'm getting desperate for food. Desperatttte for any kind of appetite or interest in food... that doesn't make me cringe. And my sons limited diet is killing me cause smelling his same foods over and over is torture. 
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited October 2017
    @LaceyBee522 & @doxiemoxie212 - feel the same way about lack of symptoms, I'll still POS once in awhile just for visual reassurance. Hope you feel better -  I feel like I'm dodging people coughing everywhere.  Sucks being preggo during cold and flu season. 

Does anyone else talk to their LO? Sometimes I just put my hand where I imagine it's hanging out & growing and tell LO it's doing a great job.  I know people talk to their plants so I figure it can't hurt if I talk to my LO. Don't care if it makes me look crazy.
  • LaceyBee522LaceyBee522 member
    edited October 2017
    @galactickates I totally P’dOS this morning after my workout. 

Also, I haven’t talked out loud, but I have thought to them. I find myself most often thinking “Hang in there Little Bergens!” Yes, we have started calling them the bad guys in Trolls. Lol!!

Edited bc I didn’t know how to spell Bergen. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @izza2 I’m so sorry about the spotting. I hope it’s nothing. As so many people told me, there are so many reasons to spot in early pregnancy. Spotting alone isn’t a big warning sign. As for MS, have you tried B6+unisom? I’m taking half a pill of B6 three times a day and half a pill of unisom twice a day. I don’t know if it is helping, but I think it’s the first step before Zofran.