TTC after 35
Options

TTCA35 Weekly update: 10/23/17

Re: TTCA35 Weekly update: 10/23/17

• Options
    @ndz2018 def ask what your insurance covers and double check. I called my insurance and they told me they covered diagnostics and monitoring but nothing that helps you get pregnant IUI and nothing with ivf. The old re said it was covered and then after doing all the tests said that only diagnostic was covered and it was 1300 a cycle. It was the way they coded. My new re made us meet with a financial person and she went over what was covered exactly what my insurance company told us. I even asked her a few times if she was sure . she gave us the codes and said call them and get a refferance number and name. We only pay co pay for each monitoring visit. Our meds are covered the injections are covered if we get them mailed to us. IUI is out of pocket so we pay a little over 400 a month big difference than 1300 plus meds were not covered.

Also If they jump you right into ivf ask about IUI first my new re said ivf I told him look I caaant afford it can I still get pregnant with iui he explained that is job is to get me pregnant so of course he's going to recommend the best solution but I could still get pregnant naturally or with Iui. 

Good luck. 

@vlagrl29 femera would be covered BC it not used as just a fertility drug. Clomid for me was 75 for 5 pills femera for me is 5 for 10 pills. 
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited October 2017
    @Labluver2 I work for the state so my insurance is pretty kick as*. I’m pretty sure majority of this will be covered, as I had called them a few months back and ask BCBS directly, maybe with the exception of some things . However, I will 100% be talking to the financial advisor to double check and make sure what exactly is covered and what it not! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here is what my insurance carrier covers pretty good, right? 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 - dang you are so lucky!  It's not mandated here but I wish it was.  My insurance won't cover anything coded infertility.  So last year when I had all fertility testing my OB coded it as irregular periods.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I’ve got a feeling there may be a loop hole somewhere in there lol. Thing is , is that SO and I are not married so whatever he needs to be tested for I’m not sure it will be covered as his insurance isn’t great, good thing he doesn’t have to do much except the semen analysis and blood work... I think. 
  • Options
    yeah my DH just needed a semen check and we paid $90 for that at a fertility clinic.  They are lucky they don't have as much to be done. @ndz2018 -  we have open enrollment next week for 2018 plans.  We are on the ACA exchanges.  I think Cigna may be our only option now.  I doubt they will cover fertility but it never hurts to ask.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I just read this post in the Infertility board that pretty much broke down what to expect at the appointment.. it was super helpful! Ugh I am hoping I don’t get AF tomorrow Bc it looks like majority of the testing for me is on CD 3 and I’m gonna be a hot mess on Sunday as we are going out for a night in Philly Saturday. I’m sure it will come tomorrow with my luck lol 
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited October 2017
    It will all be ok @ndz2018 - yes most of the testing is on CD3.  Just keep your doctor in the loop because they need to go ahead and order it.  As soon as your CD1 starts you need to call RE so they can set it up.  The following week will be your HSG.  It can get a bit stressful if the day they need the draw is on a weekend.  Quest is open on Saturdays which is nice.  Here's to hoping you don't get AF or if you do that it is on Saturday or later so you can get the blood on a weekday.  When is your appt btw?  I was wondering because you may miss CD 3 if you don't have it before then.  Not sure how that works.  My AF is due by Halloween - oh so lovely.
  • Options
    How exciting for getting started with an RE @ndz2018.  My current clinics is open 365 days a year (although on weekends/holidays I would have to drive to a location further away).  Maybe yours is too - they will work it out if CD3 falls on a weekend.  Good luck!
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 AF is supposed to be due Saturday but it varies a day or tw, usually later. So I’m kinda hoping it shows up sat or Sunday I’d be fine if they wanna do the testing CD 3 that’ll be Monday  or Tuesday. 
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited October 2017
    @artemis618 HEY! Yes, it’s a relief and I’m a little nervous. My clinic is def open 365 a year I’ve been reading up on them today. We’ll only be in Philly for the night I’m just more worried about the massive hangover I’ll be nursing on Sunday if AF shows up tomorrow lol hopefully it’ll stay away till the end of the weekend and it will come on Sunday or Monday 
  • Options
    my doctor said to come on in today as she has a lot to go over with me on my labs.  I'm kinda nervous and excited.
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited October 2017
    @vlagrl29 Im super interested in these results! Let us know what she says!
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 that’s freakin AWESOME!  Seriously, you sounds like you’ve had a weight lifted off of you!! I’m so happy for you! Great now I’m gonna have to look into one by me, so do you think if I did the RE and the function medical doctor together wouldn’t mesh well? I feel like one is gonna pump me full of meds and One Is more of holistic route, well I supposed going tomorrow isn’t gonna seal the deal. I really want to have all these tests done so that Is def happening!! And I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to look into one near me and see what it’s gonna cost. I bet you if I tell my mother it’s gonna help me get pregnant she’ll offer to pay for the whole thing AHAHAHA, lady wants her grandbabies!!!! 
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Also what supplements does she want you to stop? 
  • Options
    She said I don't have to take ubiquinol, vitamin C or Maca anymore.  I bought a big tub of vitamin packets to regulate my sugars and we will check them in a month.  I'm still told to take thyrax and amino acids.  I need to add good fats to my diet.  I need to still take the omegas.  She said I need a better oatmeal if I like oatmeal and I do for breakfast.  She said it will get to maintenance mode and then I just need to take 1 thing to keep my sugars good.  This totally explains my pregnancy with DD and how I was always starving all the time ready to cry if I didn't eat.  So this will be good for a future pregnancy as well.

I would say in your situation its a good idea to go the RE route to get all that testing done.  Mine came back all fine and normal which is why I'm where I"m at now because I felt OBs weren't doing a dang thing for me.  We still can try clomid next year if I feel like it but I really want to give this a shot too.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Interesting.. did she why she wanted you to stop the ubiquinol , Vit c and Maca??

So off the the RE in about an hour! AF did NOT come this morning so I am super hopefully maybe tomorrow or Sunday WOOHOO! Hopefully she doesn’t show up later today, but I usually will wake up with her... very rarely does she pop up in the middle of the day! 
  • Options
    She has me taking enough vitamins and she thinks I will not need them.  I don't mind stopping them because with my sugar regulating packets there are 5 and I take twice a day along with the 2 others she wants me to take for now.  Eventually I'll just need 1 vitamin to maintain sugars.  It will save money anyways not buying them.  I'll still have DH finish them.  GL with the RE!
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited October 2017
    Ok I’m back! So...I really like the doctor! She’s super nice, hopeful and straight to the point. I’m sure I’ll be seeing mutiple doctors but im ok with that as long as they get the job done. So, my ultra sound showed I may have a septate uterus( TW which may be why I lost that pregnancy 19 years ago END TW)  and she can shave it down.. it’s kinda like a V shape she said it wasn’t a big deal and the surgery part is super simple or I may have been born with my uterus like that which is called bicorinate uterus in and said I can’t have twins  , in that case we’ll probably move straight to IVF. We won’t know till I go for the HSG test and the saline sonogram. She said NOT to worry about the fibriod Bc they are tiny and should not be an issue Bc if where they are, now my biggest fear was that they grew, so you can imagine how relieved I was to hear that
    my ovaries showed 8 follies on one side and 9 on the other.. I suppose that’s good? Idk what is normal?? She said it was good so I’m taking her word for it 
  • Options
    I'm so glad the fibroids were not an issue @ndz2018.  I have a friend that had a heart shaped uterus that made it hard to get pregnant.  They did some sort of minor surgery she was super nervous about but within 5 months she was pregnant.  GL with this process!
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited October 2017
    @vlagrl29 yeah, she was pretty confident that it won’t be an issue and if it is, she will move straight to IVF. I have a bunch more test to do but luckily AF is due this weekend and i’ll be getting them done in the next two weeks.. Finally some answers. 
  • Options
    yea for answers right??  As for me I've been googling hypoglycemia and pregnancy and it matches to a T my pregnancy with DD and why it was so hard for me.  And to think  none of my doctors at the time could figure out that's what I had.  I'm finally not crazy about that.  It's been a big fear of mine with getting pregnant again - it being the same way.  Why I wanted to wait a longer time before ttc #2.  At least now we are getting a plan together to regulate that.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 That’s great news.. did she say how long it will take before you notice a difference? You seem like you’re very intune with your body, so maybe you’ll feel better overall? 
  • Options
    She has be on these sugar helping pills twice a day. She said I should notice pretty quickly so we will see. Yeah I may be too much in tune with my body lol
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited October 2017
    @vlagrl29 LOL!!  
    Yeah, today definitely gave me hope and I feel so relieved!! I’m looking forward to the test result she also said Bc I’m 37 if she sees One thing off or wrong with SO or I it’s straight to IVF. Also turns out my insurance will cover 4 IVFs and unlimited IUIs , HOWEVER looks like the PGS testing isn’t covered and will probably cost us about $4k. I’ll be talking to the financial advisor Monday so we’ll find out then
  • Options
    @ndz2018 Wow, coverage for four cycles is great.  And your AFC seems pretty normal to me - I started my last IVF cycle with about 17-20 (unsuppressed).  Another reason we went straight to IVF (having coverage for two cycles) was my age and wanting more than one kid - we figured we might not even be able to effectively use that IVF coverage later even if I did get pregnant naturally again (and it stuck).  But you’re younger so maybe less of a concern.
    About me:
    ***TW***
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

• Options
    @artemis618 I KNOW, RIGHT? I had no idea it was so good until I looked like 2 days ago!  I feel like it’s a gift and I will not waste it! If you don’t mind me asking how old are you? I was speaking to the dr and she was like if there is one thing wrong it’s straight to IVF Bc if your age I was like wow I just turned 37 3 weeks ago. Seriously they made me feel ancient. 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 Haha, this is one context in which it’s totally normal to ask a woman’s age.  I just turned 40 this month.  My last cycle was a couple of weeks before my 40th birthday. But again we went straight to IVF to PGS test, because our *TW* loss (just shy of 12 weeks) effectively cost us 4 months, and time’s not on our side.
    About me:
    ***TW***
    **New RE**

-----
    TFAS!

• Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited October 2017
    Lurking to see how you ladies are doing
    @Momifbysea Sorry you are on IVF 5 already, ugh. Good thing you have coverage though. I understand you had 4 cycles with no blastocysts? Just my 2 cents, if I were you, I'd do a fresh 2 day transfer with a few embryos. I know you wanted PGS but PGS tests are NOT accurate, they only test for number of chromosomes not all possible genetic defects and can lead to damaged embryos. Embryos do much better in the uterus than the lab between fertilization and day 5, my RE was very firm on that. Day 5 transfers are for women who can produce several embryos, so that they can pick the best ones. 

Also, the protocol and the lab do matter. Some labs just have better culture conditions. I know when my embryos didn't look good on day 3 the RE said we could try co-culture next time (where they put in fallopian tube cells with the embryo), but luckily mine did pull through to day 5. 
    After my experience I wish I had done a 2 day transfer and a mini-IVF, so much easier and more natural. 
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited October 2017
    @artemis618 I am so sorry for your loss.
    Happy Birthday!! Mine was Oct 4th! I’ve got a feeling when we get our results back she’s gonna move us straight to IVF,  I supposed shouldn’t jump to conclusions.

BTW guys I have never looked forward to getting AF so much so I can get these tests done!
  • Options
    @ndz2018 - I don't think you're ancient.  37 is not old to me.  I'm glad you have such great coverage if they move you right to IVF.
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited October 2017
    @vlagrl29 I don’t feel ancient but I do feel super lucky and will do everything in my power to prepare my body for it! She did advise me to take 300mg of ubiquinal twice and a day which is NOT cheap.. also since I have asthma ( was born with it) they want me to take 50mg of predisone 12 hours before , 6 hours before and right before I go to my HSG and Saline sono.. I tried telling them that I’ll be fine but they insist and said they don’t want me to go into anaphylactic shock which has NEVER happened in my life but I guess they just wanna cover their as*es god forbid
  • Options
    @ndz2018 no it's not cheap. Best price I found was online Costco. I'm still having dh take it. I stopped cause I feel I'm taking a lot already. In the morning I take 7 and the afternoon I take 5. But in a month or 2 I can subtract 8 total. 
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I found some 300mg I think 60 in each bottle for $42. So total was like $85 for 120 300mg.. I found it on amazon... but the best part is I had a $50 gift card from my bday so I only paid $35. Should be good for 2 months.. 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 Happy belated to you too!  Mine was 10/10 and I got my PGS results from my last cycle the day before which was kind of the best present ever.  I also upped my ubiquinol to 600mg/day (2 dosed) after I got all abnormal embryos on my third cycle and was on it during our 3 month break over the summer.  I actually started taking it (but only like 200mg) along with PNVs four months before we got married last year. I also get the Costco one (but in store).

Not that I’m pushing IVF (seriously, it’s - or can be - a whole ‘nother level of heartbreak) but since you have the coverage IF you are going to use it, it’s generally more effective the younger you are (and potential to bank for later if you want).  I don’t worry so much about the infertility label if it’s for insurance purposes.  I think that’s part of why DH and I were so surprised at how poorly our first new three cycles (with a different RE than this last) went - we didn’t really feel infertile because we got pregnant our second month trying (and first one really paying attention with the temping and OPKs) and we’re pregnant for almost 3 of our 6 months “trying” (which included the *TW* loss cycle and TTA November and December).  If you’re willing to PGS test (generally not covered by insurance - my insurance would have covered PGD if it was indicated for the two covered cycles), that might take the chromosomal abnormality risk out if the equation (or reduce it - the science is far from perfect but it’s what we’ve got for now).
    About me:
    ***TW***
    **New RE**

-----
    TFAS!

• Options
    @artemis618 I’m definitely not opposed to starting with IVF she told me IUI may be a waste of time, however, if there is nothing “wrong” with me I think for insurance proposes they start with IUI try a couple then move on.. but considering the initial u/s showed I may have a heart shaped uterus which could be one of two things and if it’s the one where my uterus is just shaped like a heart we are going to IVF.. and of course my AF didn’t come today, hopefully tomorrow. Then in a like 10 days I do the HSG test and we’ll know what we are doing from there.
  • Options
    Hi ladies - I hope everyone is doing well. I need to get recaught up on the posts here- which i’ll Definitely do tomorrow

at my Thursday appointment my RE found the ectopic has grown and she was no longer comfortable waiting for it to resolve itself, so I had surgery this morning and unfortunately ended up losing my left Fallopian tube.....there was just too much damage. She did tell my husband (I was still not awake) that the right tube looked perfect but I’m just so depressed.....it was so hard getting pregnant with two good tubes and now I’m down to one 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    Omg @harleyquinn0621 I'm so sorry :(
    how heartbreaking to loose a tube. I'm glad your ok .