June 2018 Moms
Options

TW - Bleeding

I didn't think this was appropriate for a randoms / questions / symptoms thread, but let me know if I should move it.  I started bleeding this morning - - there were some small spots on my underwear and when I wiped, it was pink (mixed with mucous - TMI?).  I know there are lots of reasons to bleed / spot in early pregnancy.  I have a call into my doctor now, but any positive stories?  I bled my first time around due to a sensitive cervix after sex, but no sex this time.  

Re: TW - Bleeding

• Options
    @marcus7676 I’m sorry you are having bleeding. I don’t have first hand experience with this but I do know it can and does work out just fine. I am hoping for the best and sending creepy internet hugs your way.
  • Options
    I don't have any anecdotal advice for you but I'm sorry you're going through this. I think you've taken the right steps. Hang in there. ((hugs))
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marcus7676 I am sorry that you’re going through this.  FWIW a few of my close friends had considerable bleeding throughout their first trimesters and went on to have healthy pregnancies.  Praying for you that it’s just “normal” pregnancy spotting.  Keep us posted!  ::creepy internet hugs::
  • Options
    @marcus7676 I'm sorry you are having bleeding (((creepy internet hugs))). I don't have any experience to offer, but I am sending you good vibes. Please keep us posted on what your doc says. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In my first pregnancy I had some spotting similar to what you're describing, and it was caused by a yeast infection I didn't know I had (I wasn't even itchy) that had irritated my cervix. Treated it over the counter (after being seen) and everything was just fine. I hope it's as simple as that for you!
    Nov Sig Chall

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thinking of you. Hope you are able to see the doctor today. ((Hugs))
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @marcus7676 I hope you can get in to see your doctor soon. I had spotting for two weeks with DD and was put on progesterone for the first trimester. 

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987

• Options
    Glad the Dr isn’t concerned, not that that helps you at all I’m sure. Hoping it stops for you soon!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this and I really hope it's normal. **creepy internet hugs**
  • Options
    Hugs! I’m sorry this is happening but it’s good the doc isn’t concerned. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Sorry you're going through it!  I had some light spotting/bleeding with DD around 7 weeks.  Naturally I was very scared but saw the doctor and everything was fine.  Hang in there!  I'm glad your doctor didn't seem concerned.   (((hugs)))
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that you're experiencing bleeding. Please remember that some light bleeding in early pregnancy is very normal, even if it's not from an irritated cervix (sex), and that today you are pregnant. *hugs*

Keeping my FX that this passes quickly and is just a fluke.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    thinking of you too @40momma .  

• Options
    Bleeding can definitely be totally normal. Thinking of you!  <3
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    thinking of you! glad the dr isn't concerned but I know that doesn't take the fear away for you. keeping everything crossed that its just a normal 1st tri thing. <3
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @marcus7676 @40momma I hope everything is ok, and you're both able to take it easy! 

• Options
    @marcus7676
    @40momma

Big hugs! Stay strong! <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm happy the doctor didn't sound concerned, I know its hard to keep your mind off of it. Thinking of you and sending creepy internet hugs <3
  • Options
    @marcus7676 @40momma what you are describing sounds pretty minimal. (It sounds like spotting not bleeding.) I've had similar pink mucus/speck of red with both this and one previous pregnancy. The first time my OB was unconcerned because it was just spotting. She shrugged it off as totally normal.  I went on to have a perfectly healthy pregnancy.  I think mine was caused by cervical irritation from a bowel movement, not sex. (Not so sexy.) This time I didn't call the OB because I know she won't be worried. 
  • Options
    Thinking of you! So sorry you're going through this. I spotted around 3 weeks, but it was after sex. Still, I know how you're mind right away goes to the worst outcome. Hang in there.. if you're doctor isn't concerned
  • Options
    Sounds like we are in a similar boat. I had some spotting, mostly pink with a little bit of red Sunday night. Talked to doctor today and he wasn’t concerned. I’m a little freaked out bc I did not experience any spotting or bleeding in my last pregnancy. The 3 weeks until my first appointment can’t come soon enough! 
    FX everything works out for you @marcus7676
  • Options
    Hugs @fairytale2016 have you had any spotting since then? I had some cramping last night but wasn’t sure if it was intestinal or uterine. I feel better this morning but my next appointment isn’t until 11/15 so I feel like I’m going to be in limbo until then. We were planning on telling my sister in 2 weeks but now I just don’t know. 
  • Options
    @marcus7676 I haven’t had any more since then. I have had mild cramps somewhat frequently, though I think they are digestive a lot of the time. I had told 3 girls I workout with a few days ago, which I’m really regretting now, although I do feel better with my instructor knowing. my appointment is 11/14. We are planning to share the weekend after with my family then THanksgiving with DH’s. I’m hoping I can hold it in. It’s even harder to hide worrying about it. Is this your first or are you a STM?
  • Options
    @fairytale2016 I’m a STM. I bled around 6 weeks with DS as a result of a fryable uterus, so maybe that’s it. 
  • Options
    @marcus7676 glad to hear that everything was well with your son. Here’s to hoping these three weeks go by quickly!
  • Options
    so i was going to comment earlier but i wanted to to wait until after my appointment. I've been spotting for the last 2 weeks. I panicked big time, so I understand. I'm found out my progesterone was law and have been on supplements from 15 days. I had my first u/s today at 7 weeks. Baby's heart was beating and is right on track growth wise. I know every pg is different but I hope that makes you feel better.  
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @ffw0617 how do they know if your progesterone is low? Is this from a blood test?
  • Options
    40momma said:
    Yes.
    @ffw0617 how do they know if your progesterone is low? Is this from a blood test?
  • Options
    @40momma Yes
  • Options
    @ffw0617 - I have been spotting a little bit too so what you wrote Definitely makes me feel better. Everything I've been reading makes it sound like this normal/just wait and see.  I contacted my Dr office just in case though. 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. I think I’m going to contact my doctor again tomorrow since I’ve been cramping since last night. I couldn’t tell if yesterday’s cramps were intestinal or uterine but tonight is definitely my lower back and low in front. I’m still spotting today too. 
  • Options
    @marcus7676 I’m so sorry you are going through this. I hope you get some answers very soon. And don’t feel like you are bothering the doctors office. I’m in touch with mine at least weekly because I’ve had issues, and they understand the stress and anxiety associated with all of this.
  • Options
    @marcus7676 So sorry.  FX you can get in and get an ultrasound or something to give you some peace of mind. It's so hard not knowing what's going on!  (((hugs)))
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Creepy internet hugs to you, @marcus7676. Keep us updated.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    Hey, I'm actually going through the exact same thing. I'm 5 weeks 2 days and yesterday I had brown spotting but this morning I woke up with bright red spotting and some small clots :( I'm trying not to panick, as I'm sure you are as well. Praying we both have positive outcomes! 
    DH - 24; Me: 26
    Married 3/7/15
    Expecting Baby #1: 06/06/2016
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @marcus7676 I’m glad to hear everything is on track.