Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat - 10/22

What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading?

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week?

Random thoughts?

GTKY: What was your first job?
Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
Diminished ovarian reserve
BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020

Re: Weekly Chat - 10/22

• What are you looking forward to this week?
    I have a much needed massage scheduled for Wednesday evening.

What are you dreading? 
    Grocery shopping. It’s desperately needed, but it’s my least favorite chore.

I’m hosting “supper club” this Saturday, basically a rotating dinner party. I need to get my house in order and everything set up.

Random thoughts?
    I definitely broke into our Halloween candy already...

My first job was babysitting/office assistant at a family friends office. My first grown up job was engineer onboard a research shop in Alaska.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meggyme I don't remember your intro post, but are you from Alaska? I worked up there for a summer a few years ago, at a resort near Denali. I hope your supper club night goes well! What kind of Halloween candy do you guys have?

What are you looking forward to this week? We're going down to see my mom on Tuesday night and will be spending the night there, and a friend of ours from back home is coming to visit at the end of the week. She gets here at like 5am on Friday morning. Thankfully I don't have to pick her up.

What are you dreading? Eh, the usual. Bills. I have to call my OBGYN tomorrow to set up an appointment for a follow up on a finding on my pelvic CT earlier this month. Also have to call the foot doctor for the follow up for the nerve conduction test and sort out the orthotics.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Laundry, as always.

Random thoughts? I'm tired and hurting.

GTKY: What was your first job? Housekeeper at a hotel at Disney World.
  • Loading the player...
  • @dreamscapes_ I’m not from Alaska, but I worked on ships there on and off for 3 years. My sister is at school in Anchorage now and is thinking of staying after graduation, so I might visit at some point again. I’ve been to a lot of coastal towns, but never Denali.

As for Halloween candy, I only get the kinds I like so when we have leftover it will get eaten. Maybe that was my first mistake.
  • @meggyme Enjoy your massage!  So jealous!  

hmmmm, nothing

What are you dreading? Also nothing!  Boring week! 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Stay on top of meal prep for the week so cooking dinner is much faster, exercise a few times (I've been really bad about it lately), switch over my summer clothes to the winter ones.

Random thoughts? nothing

GTKY: What was your first job?  Right after I turned 16 I got a job at a family run fabric store.  I ended up working there for about 10 years, all through high school and college, and then even part time when I got my first "real" job.  
  • @meggyme My mom had "fun lunch" with some friends for years when I was young.  I always thought I would have something like that but none of my friends are into it.

@dreamscapes_ Do you have any good stories from being a housekeeper at Disney World?

@KFrob Good luck with the meal prep.  I always have good intentions but dread doing it.

What are you looking forward to this week? I don't have any plans, which I'm actually really excited about.

What are you dreading?
    I need to clean, the house has seriously been neglected.

I've been buying my lunch a ton lately.  I need to start bringing lunches to work, it's really starting to add up.

Random thoughts?
    Nada.

Other than babysitting, I worked in a retail kitchen store (like a low end Williams Sonoma).

Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mermaidca I also need to start bringing lunch. We’re saving for our cruise and every dollar counts, but I also can’t bring myself to go grocery shopping/meal planning. We’ve been doing meal delivery subscriptions and there’s not usually much left over.
  • What are you looking forward to this week?
    Moms day out Saturday and having a pumpkin painting plsydate Friday, otherwise pretty routine week
    What are you dreading? 
    Not really anything I can think of
    Rountinly working out and eating healthy, kick pre-Diabetes butt to the curb
    Random thoughts?
    Leaves are changing and really looking pretty, sure wish DH and I could go to wineries it’s so pretty there this time of year.
    I started babysitting at 12/13 but my first real job was a CNA at a nursing home right after graduating HS
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• What are you looking forward to this week? Just getting back to normal.

What are you dreading? Nothing

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I want to eat clean and workout for a solid week. I've fallen off the wagon so bad.

Random thoughts? Excited for cooler weather and Halloween!

GTKY: What was your first job? Aside from occasional babysitting, I started working at Chickfila when I was 16 and I stayed there for 4 years. Never got sick of the food :yum:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @meggymethis year my GF and I specifically bought only halloween candy we wanted to eat so we could snack on it and we'd want to eat our leftovers. It's been working great so far, if by "great" you mean "we need to buy more reece's."

GF's OB appt + meeting with a possible donor. 

What are you dreading? 
    mid-terms! definitely midterms. 

Same as last week. I gotta make some serious progress on my sculpture for class this week.

Random thoughts?
    We found a stray kitten last week that turned out to be part bengal! We think she belongs to someone in our neighborhood, so we're working to find her family, but til then she's been a handful. We've got two cats that she's started to take to but our place is too small for a bengal, so we're hoping we find her family soon or we're gonna have to rehome her. She's super cute, though! She seems to be a bengal/tortie mix. 

I worked at KB Toys, a now-dead toy store chain from the midwest. It was a seasonal position and the sole reason I know every single word to "all I want for christmas is my two front teeth."
    me: trans man, 27 | fiance: 31
  • @lionwholived I worked at a KB Toys for a hot minute (over the summer during college one year). You would think working at a toy store would be fun - it was not. Lol

@lalala2004 Kudos to you for your response on that other interesting thread, it was needed. Also - I've been struggling to get back on the decent eating and exercise wagon too. It's so easy to get out of the habit and so hard to get back in!

@kindbytealikat Hope you enjoy your mom's day out! What are you doing for it? 

@meggyme How cool that you worked in Alaska!  Enjoy your massage, sounds so relaxing :)

@mermaidca No-plans weeks are the best weeks. Enjoy it!

@KFrob Every now and then I get ambitious and meal prep. I'm always glad that I did it after, but it's a lot of work.

@dreamscapes_ Hope you enjoy seeing your mom and your friend!
  • Whoops, hit post too soon.. :) 

What are you looking forward to this week? I'm going to be in a training for work tomorrow which is always a nice change of pace from regular work. Also we have no plans this weekend for the first time in a long time, and I am STOKED.

What are you dreading? I've already had quite the start to this week (see below) soooooo I'm a little nervous the bad luck will continue! 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Survive and maybe not eat as much junk food as I did last week.

Random thoughts? I feel like I must have upset a witch or something lol because it seems like a million little things have been going wrong!  Last week our heat went out for a bit, and a guy came to fix it but told us we'll probably have to replace the furnace soon, last night I cut my thumb while I was chopping an onion (it's okay, just wrapped up and making my life awkward now), then today after a crazy day at work, I came home and discovered one of our windows is leaking.  Just...... what.  :|:|

GTKY: What was your first job? When I was 17 I got a job waiting tables at a 50's themed burger restaurant. I was terrible at it, hated doing it, and got fired after a few months!
  • FINALLY able to post!! I hardly ever get on my laptop anymore, but the app hasn't been working, so I pulled my laptop out, haha. So no promises on responding to everyone since a lot of you have posted.

@meggyme enjoy the massage!! I'm so jealous!

@dreamscapes_ good luck with your appointments! 

@mermaidca do you ever have leftovers from dinner the night before? DH and I generally try to make enough dinner to have leftovers for lunch for at least one day.

@kindbytealikat have fun painting pumpkins this weekend!!

@lionwholived FX your meeting with the potential donor goes well! Also, I've definitely been to a KB Toys!! Used to love that store! 

@diaphena sounds like a rough start to the week! I hope it only gets better from here!

Looking forward to: Well, had I been able to post it would have been carving/painting pumpkins with DH and DS! DS is 19 months, so I let him choose his colors and he loved it! We're going to my ILs a few hours away this weekend for a bonfire, so that'll be fun! DH and I always have super intense conversations during long drives, I tend to play devils advocate for him on different political, religious, etc topics.

Dreading: Work. I work at a bank on the loan side and this whole quarter is going to suck for me...

Goals/Accomplishments: Umm...not sure I have anything...haha

R/R: UGH don't get me started...long story somewhat short, DH was supposed to get a raise at work last October, they screwed him over and didn't get it set in place until February. It was supposed to be retroactive to last October, but he never received his backpay for those 6 months they owe him (nearly $2500 before taxes!!!). Come this October he's supposed to get another raise, but surprise surprise, someone effed up and didn't make his last raise retroactive, meaning it didn't go into effect when it should have this month. Meaning that we once again were screwed out of money we had planned on having right before the holiday season. The raises coincide with him moving up a level, so basically instead of being a 9 like he should be, he's still only a 7. I'm really pissed off about this whole thing...

Just realized that was supposed to be Random Thoughts not R/R, but oh well, haha.

GTKY: Cart attendant at a golf course. Basically I sat around and waited for people to bring their golf carts back so I could spray them off then park and plug them in to charge.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @lalala2004 I've never had Chickfila!

@lionwholived Good luck with the appointment and mid-terms!

@diaphena I hope your week turns around!

@CecilB93 That whole scenario with your husbands raise is making me so angry for you!  You don't mess with people's income
  • @lionwholived My sister has a cat that is half Bengal.  He is a little troublemaker!!  He's gorgeous and can be very sweet but they definitely have a wild streak!

@CecilB93 I always try to make extras but then always seem to feed them to the kids as a quick and easy meal.  I need to plan more and get back in the groove.  Sorry to hear about the situation with your husbands work.  That is so frustrating when you're counting on some extra income, especially around the holidays - not to mention that he is not being valued the way he should be!

• @meggyme Yeah, we didn't buy any Halloween candy this year. We don't really get trick or treaters because we live in an apartment, so there was no point, since we'd just eat it all. Denali was a beautiful area, so I'd absolutely recommend it!

@KFrob Good luck with the meal prep! I have some pork chops I have to move to the fridge to thaw. What sort of things do you need to prep?

@mermaidca Honestly? Not really. It's been 13 years since I was in housekeeping, lol. I currently work in attractions, still with Disney. Bringing lunches is definitely cheaper! We both bring ours, but DH doesn't always have the chance to take his break, which frustrates me.

@kindbytealikat The day out and playdate sound fun! Is there a possibility of you guys finding a sitter so you could go to a winery? I don't know how long of a trip that would be for you guys... How long were you a CNA? I applaud you for doing it either way. I couldn't handle losing my patients (I worked in a dementia wing) and ended up quitting.

@lalala2004 You know, I've never had Chikfila? Not once. Not really that interested in going there, either.

@lionwholived That kitten is adorable! Good luck with your midterms!

@diaphena We had a good time with my mom! We ended up going to see a movie with them this afternoon, but it was a very odd movie. One of those things where I spent half the movie wanting to punch the leads and only liked the dog. I hope your thumb heals quickly! How much is it going to cost to replace the furnace?

@CecilB93 Thanks! I see the foot doctor on Tuesday afternoon and have the OB appointment for late November. They had an earlier one available, but it's while DH and I are out of state, so it had to be later. Yay for having fun with the pumpkins! Are they going to get the raise sorted out any time soon? That's really stupid that they haven't fixed it.
  • @dreamscapes_ I was only a CNA for a little over a year while I was in nursing school. Once I got my LPN though I stayed in long term care for 6 years. I was able to handle the dying side of it until my grandmother died. I needed a break from it after that and went to working in clinics. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Wow, took forever to get on here! We moved this week and are probably 75% unpacked, but we still have a bunch to go!

What are you looking forward to this week? getting unpacked!

What are you dreading? see above. simultaneous looking forward to and dreading. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? stay focused at work these last two days - I was off earlier this week and now have bunches to do. 

Random thoughts? 

GTKY: What was your first job? library assistant at the college library. Led to my actual career! 

@meggyme - hope the massage was awesome!! how's the supper club prep coming? 

@dreamscapes_ - glad you were able to get the appts set up! hope they have good news for you!

@KFrob - how's the meal planning coming? PS - fabric store employee? yay! I would be in SUCH big trouble - i'd spend my whole check on fabric! I have a fabric closet (sorry not sorry). 

@mermaidca - i hear you on the cleaning. it's always better if you keep up with it (which I never do) so it's always arduous. :neutral:

@kindbytealikat - how's the eating/workouts going this week? 

@lalala2004 - halloween candy - such a vice! I have two bags of candy (all stuff we eat in case we don't get a ton of trick or treaters, BUT that's also an awful thing because i WILL eat it all). 

@lionwholived - welcome! so you know the pain of eating all the reese's. how's the sculpture coming? and how's the kitty? I have two and thinking about getting a third, but then I think I'll upset the universe and my currently happy home will turn into mass anarchy. 

@diaphena - oh no!! Sorry about the fates. I hope a couple things have gone right for you this week!

@CecilB93 - Oooh, that makes me angry on your behalf! Hope it gets sorted soon. I'd be asking for hazard pay or something (for everything you guys have to do to get what you're owed!)

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Can't believe some of y'all haven't had Chick-fil-a before!!

Thanks all for your kind words! Fortunately no more bad news or craziness for me this week, and my thumb is healing up fine. :)

@CecilB93 what an aggravating situation! I hope they sort everything out soon.

@dreamscapes_ movies with no likable characters are hard to get through! The furnace will be pretty darn expensive to replace.... Like, several thousand dollars. It's a combined furnace and a/c system, which is a bad idea anyway, so we would replace it with separate heating and a/c which is why it is costly. Fortunately we have some savings and if need be we can get on a payment plan. And, if we get a decent system to replace it, we shouldn't have to worry about it again for a long time. This is me trying some positive thinking, lol.

@catlady2015 Good luck unpacking! I'm impressed you're already 75% done!
  • @dreamscapes_ and @catlady2015 The meal prep has not happened at all haha.  I've been trying to do the at least the bare minimum like cut up fruit for DD's lunches, maybe cut up some veggies for dinners during the week so that they're read to go, maybe make something in the crock pot, I've also been trying to bake eggs to have during the week for breakfast.  I did none of that this week!  

@catlady2015 The fabric I had collected at one point was epic!  I've since done several purges of it.  
  • @catlady2015 good on you for getting so much done so quickly! I hate unpacking.

The massage helped, but my masseuse scolded me for not coming in for frequently and not stretching. I could have laid there for hours, but I only had enough time for him to unwind the worst of the knots in my neck.

As for supper club, it’s turning into more of a double date since some folks can’t come. I’m making chili so at least I won’t be cooking when people get here
  • Sorry for the quick post and ghost, but I've got about 2 mins left before I have to get back to work, and my APP STILL DOESN'T WORK!!! UGH!!!

As far as my husbands raise, he has a meeting about it on Monday, so FX!! Otherwise (as mentioned in Waiting Room Wednesday) we may have to talk about pushing back when we want to TTC... :( 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• My fingers are crossed so hard @CecilB93 !  Here's to keeping the plan on track!