November 2017 Moms

37 weeks and still no baby name!

37 weeks and really worried about having to settle for a name that we don't love for our baby boy. His brother's name is Henry Francis and the names on our list are: 

1) Theodore 
2) Arthur
3) William (Will)
4) Edward
5) Benedict (Benjy?)

I want a strong, classic name with a friendly feel. Peter and Charles would also be on the list if they went better with our last name. I feel like it's between Theodore or Arthur or perhaps we could go with Theodore Arthur. I think Teddy is sweet for a boy, but I'm afraid it would get shortened to Ted. I'm on the fence about Theo. Arthur is a family name and I like that it is a little less popular than Theodore, but I think Theodore has a warmer feel to me. I think Archie could be a cute nickname (is that a stretch to go from Arthur to Archie?). I like Will a lot, but both Charlotte and Phillipa (Pippa) are names we like for a girl and I don't want to box us in with the royal names. Benedict is super meaningful to us, but it's also the name of our nephew (goes by Benny). I like Benjy, but it also makes me think of Benjy Madden so a lot less classic than Henry. Edward is nice, but I don't like the Twilight association. Thoughts? 

Re: 37 weeks and still no baby name!

• What about Arthur Benedict. Then you get the meaningful name in there without competent name as your nephew. You can do Archie as the nn 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• I really like Theodore and love Theo!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I did think about Arthur Benedict, but it reminds me of Benedict Arnold and the negative association with that. Is that silly? Benedict could definitely be a middle name for us though. 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited October 2017
    Hey! Welcome. Since I don't know much about you or your personality, I'm gonna say pick the one you have a connection to. If you want more responses, get to know some other ladies by offering them support on our other threads.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • We don't have one either. We really need to settle this soon too.

For yours, I like Theodore and William. Benedict is too "Benedict Arnold" and the other two I can't get over as grandpa names (somehow grandma names are usually pretty but grandpa names I find just plain blah). Edward is a nice middle name though.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Theodore. It's my Grandpa, Uncle, and 1st cousin's name? 3 generations of Theodore in our family. They all go by Teddy.
  • I like Theodore and also Arthur :)
  • Thanks, ladies! I went into labor early at 38 weeks so we're down to the wire! We were pretty close to settling on Theodore, but are now thinking about Louis, pronounced Louie. Any thoughts? 

Good luck with your name, Abby! 
  • I think when you meet him you might get a better feel if he is Theodore or Louis ♡
  • Thanks, everyone! We went with Theodore! :) 
  • We still have no name either! I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. We only have one name that we agree on, but DH is being a pain in my butt and not committing. I'm just assuming we're gonna go with that name because every other name he has come up with is just god awful. I've complained multiple times on here about it lol! I hope he doesn't become stubborn in the hospital and not sign the BC because of the name.