Babies on the Brain
Options

Introduction/Closure

Hello everyone, it's nice to meet you all!  I'm new here, and as well as saying hi, I wanted to kind of tell part of my story to get it off of my chest and maybe get some closure from it.

A bit of backstory first: Young though I am, I've felt physically ready to settle for years, but as I've only just started college I've never been in the right place to.  I've always had horrendous baby fever, to the point sometimes I would cry on the way home from school about it and my mom thought I was crazy, haha!  This summer, however, I had my first pregnancy scare.  To be honest I was so safe about it I was silly to worry at all, but it was always nagging in the back of my mind.

A bit of TMI: I had some spotting, and although it's definitely happened to me before it isn't common and it really freaked me out, especially since I thought it might be a sign of miscarriage.  I have two rainbow siblings and I was terrified of losing a child myself.  Supposedly due to stress I had the worst boob pains, nausea and cramping I've ever endured in my life; sometimes I would sit by the toilet waiting to vomit because it hurt so badly, and I felt white-hot pain in my back worse than ever.

I ended up being I believe two or three days late, and ironically I got my period as soon as I took a test.  Still, I never had the opportunity to see a doctor to confirm I wasn't ever pregnant in the first place, and I've only recently started to forget about it.  I would be four months pregnant Monday and I would be having a hard time hiding it, and that's a little hard to think about and move on from sometimes.

Some reassurance to confirm that it was probably stress and maybe a hug would be great!  Thank you all so much for reading my story, it means a lot to me to have your support!  God bless!

Re: Introduction/Closure

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited October 2017
    Hello everyone, it's nice to meet you all!  I'm new here, and as well as saying hi, I wanted to kind of tell part of my story to get it off of my chest and maybe get some closure from it.

A bit of backstory first: Young though I am, I've felt physically ready to settle for years, but as I've only just started college I've never been in the right place to.  I've always had horrendous baby fever, to the point sometimes I would cry on the way home from school about it and my mom thought I was crazy, haha!  This summer, however, I had my first pregnancy scare.  To be honest I was so safe about it I was silly to worry at all, but it was always nagging in the back of my mind.

A bit of TMI: I had some spotting, and although it's definitely happened to me before it isn't common and it really freaked me out, especially since I thought it might be a sign of miscarriage.  I have two rainbow siblings and I was terrified of losing a child myself.  Supposedly due to stress I had the worst boob pains, nausea and cramping I've ever endured in my life; sometimes I would sit by the toilet waiting to vomit because it hurt so badly, and I felt white-hot pain in my back worse than ever.

I ended up being I believe two or three days late, and ironically I got my period as soon as I took a test.  Still, I never had the opportunity to see a doctor to confirm I wasn't ever pregnant in the first place, and I've only recently started to forget about it.  I would be four months pregnant Monday and I would be having a hard time hiding it, and that's a little hard to think about and move on from sometimes.

Some reassurance to confirm that it was probably stress and maybe a hug would be great!  Thank you all so much for reading my story, it means a lot to me to have your support!  God bless!
    Stress can really mess with your cycle, as can illness which could also explain the nausea, stomach cramps and body pain. I don’t want be insensitive (and maybe I’m misunderstanding), but especially if you were having protected sex and never had a positive pregnancy test, I’d say there’s a very good chance you were never pregnant. Hopefully that will help you move on from this.

ETA: But welcome to the community and feel free to introduce yourself in the intro post.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Don't borrow trouble. From what you're saying, there's no real reason to think you were pregnant. You were having protected sex, and you never had a positive test (I'm assuming since you didn't say what the results were). It sounds like you had some rough pms symptoms which sucks but is also totally normal and can happen for many reasons including stress or illness like @meggyme said. Your period being 2-3 days late is also totally normal and doesn't mean you were pregnant. Your cycle can get thrown off by things, or it can change over time as you get older and your hormone levels change.

Welcome and feel free to jump into the conversations here. Going forward, be careful about questions like this because we have posters here that have experienced losses and I imagine a post like this is not fun for them to read.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would have appreciated a TW on this post
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @lalala2004 I luv you!!
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    sadagalenossadagalenos member
    edited October 2017
    @meggyme Thank you for your answer!  I really appreciate you being kind and actually trying to help me, it's amazing what some supportive words on a post that has received mainly negativity can do.  I really needed some reassurance and I'm glad I had a ray of sunshine to give it to me ❤️
  • Options
    sadagalenossadagalenos member
    edited October 2017
    @diaphena Thank you so much for helping me feel more confident!  I'm glad I had you to be nice to me as well, I really needed your help.  Sorry about no TW, I wasn't sure if I needed one as in my mind my topic was a bit more clear, I'll be more careful next time.  God bless ❤️