June 2018 Moms
Options

Fit Friday 10/20

Anyone game for this today?

How far along are you?

What have you done to stay active this week? Any challenges with working out in the first trimester?

What are your overall goals for fitness throughout pregnancy?

GTKY: Favorite workout attire?

exercise gymnastics dinosaur work out t rex GIF

Re: Fit Friday 10/20

• Options
    How far along are you? 4 + 6

What have you done to stay active this week? Any challenges with working out in the first trimester? I've done my regular group classes at the gym (strength training, spin, step aerobics) Morning sickness and fatigue haven't really hit me yet so I'm feeling pretty normal.

What are your overall goals for fitness throughout pregnancy? I want to have more muscle strength so my body isn't so achy later in pregnancy. Also want to be strong for labor and recovery. 

GTKY: Favorite workout attire? running shorts or spandex and a cheap basic tank top from Old Navy. #basic I always admire the cute cut out back tank with a strappy sports bra type stuff some other girls have. 
  • Options
    Thank you! I was about to start this then saw yours!

How far along are you?

What have you done to stay active this week? Any challenges with working out in the first trimester?
    Went to my first weight lifting class in a few weeks this morning. Going to walk tomorrow. Challenges: IM SO TIRED. and felt so weak. 

What are your overall goals for fitness throughout pregnancy?
    I am pretty overweight and have been since DS1 was born. I lost my baby weight from DS2 but I’m still about 50lbs heavier than before DS1. So I really want to have a healthy pregnancy, being active and eating well. I have been exercising consistently for the first time in my life this year and want to keep it up!

GTKY: Favorite workout attire?
    cute workout pants and the athletic tank tops from Walmart that are $4-5. They are SO comfortable and don’t cling. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Llamamama Yay - we have the same due date! I haven't had any MS yet either.

@fantasticmrsfox I'm with you on weight lifting. It is my fave!

How far along are you? 4 weeks + 6 days

I've seen my trainer twice. We did weight training one day and conditioning another day. I'm taking part in a six week "build" challenge at my gym. We're focusing on the hinge movement, so a lot of dead lifts and dead lift hinge movements. I'll be doing that tomorrow. Right now I'm dead lifting 135 and squatting 115. No challenges, yet. I've been tired, but mostly at night, so I've been going to bed extra early. It makes my morning workouts easier.

What are your overall goals for fitness throughout pregnancy? I want to continue weight training and try not to gain too much weight during pregnancy. I'm active, but still overweight, so want to keep that in check.

GTKY: Favorite workout attire? I love Sweaty Betty leggings and I usually wear a tshirt with something snarky on the front. My current fave t-shirt says What Wine Goes Best with Smashing the Patriarchy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    llamamama14llamamama14 member
    edited October 2017
    @fantasticmrsfox Sorry you're tired and yay for cheap workout clothes. @LaceyBee522 Love the snarky t-shirts. You sound pretty buff. Are you FTM? You're going to carry this baby effortlessly. 
  • Options
    @llamamama14 Lol! Not so buff. I’m also a big woman, so it is all a little lumpy. Yes, FTM. I hope you’re right about carrying baby. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Labor too. First go 'round I did weight training with a trainer and lots of squats and the nurses were complimenting me on how well I was handling labor. Second pregnancy I was not fit and I barely had my hospital gown tied on before I was barking at the nurses for an epidural.